Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Conduct Meeting" and "Pond Filling"  (Read 1343 times)

Thunderrage

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
"Conduct Meeting" and "Pond Filling"
« on: November 08, 2007, 12:29:00 pm »

Two bugs that I've noticed - which are probably related to why the broker will always get interrupted....

A dwarf who is "Conducting Meeting"s, is counted as being an Idle dwarf (display down the bottom right increases when they are conducting their meeting), and can thus be assigned any job as if they weren't working.

Pond filling is not a selectable job, and is always on for everyone. Even dwarves with no jobs selected will grab a bucket and run to add the precious water to the pond.

This means that if you have a pond that needs filling, your broker will unlikely finish a meeting because you can deselect all their jobs, and they'll still grab a bucket and go fill that pond.

I know people complain about the broker not finishing his meeting, but I think that the first point is ultimately the reason for it and hopefully will give a clue as to how Toady can solve it. As for the second.... should pond filling come under cleaning? healthcare? hauling?

Peteł

• Bay Watcher
  • Mentlegen.
    • View Profile
Re: "Conduct Meeting" and "Pond Filling"
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 08:47:31 am »

*Necro*

Item hauling for pond filling, animal hauling for creature pitting - that's what it should be, IMHO.
Right now, everyone and their mothers still have the undeniable urge to fill ponds at all costs..

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: "Conduct Meeting" and "Pond Filling"
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 12:23:22 pm »

On the other hand, having "Conduct Meeting" become an actual job with priority rather than a default resulting from idleness would save me the agony of having to manually disable all my manager's jobs and then lock him in the room with the liaison every time summer and autumn roll around.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod