Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Pyrrhic Victory: 1/14]  (Read 71105 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air
"The evils which are perpetrated by modern witches exceed all other sin which God has ever permitted to be done...
For they are called witches (maleficae) on account of the enormity of their crimes..."
- Malleus Maleficarum, Part I Question XIV

A blue moon rises over our fateful town.
   A lone figure, cloaked by the night, drags itself into the village barn seen by none but the sickly hound, to die the dog's death. Strangers sit in the field by their fire waiting for dawn, always coming - and passing - in threes. The wilds are their home, however, and each night the fires will be lit anew. Each night, they will flee into the woods.
   It cannot go any other way.
   In the warm expanse of the drunkard's refuge, the men feel uneasy. Their farms have seen a meagre harvest, and the night's ghostly blue colour warns of more things to come. Thus they drink deep and long into the night, wasting their precious grain and becoming ever more reckless when wisdom would be needed most.

Welcome to Witches' Coven, a new Mafia gametype just for you!

This, unlike other gametypes, relies on a mostly closed setup. What this means for you is that you will not begin the game with access to information about all the roles - you will either have to deduce that by yourself, read the flavour for detective work (highly recommended!) or just roll along without it. There may or may not be some hidden mechanics for the game also. That said, I will try to keep this toward the simpler, lower-powered end of the spectrum - just enough to be interesting for both you and me.

Call it a Bastard Mod if you want, but I will try my hardest not to be one myself (hurr hurr). Additionally, I will never outright lie, so you can trust that what I say is reliable.

Game Rules:
   1. The Good Faith Rule: It will be trusted, on behalf of both the players and the mod, that you will play according to the restrictions (if any) given and that you will play both respectfully and to fulfill your win condition to the best of your abilities.
   2. All votes must be in red. Unvoting before voting again is not required, but appreciated. You may vote for No Lynch. You cannot conditional vote. In case of a tie, no one will be lynched. The game is hammerless.
   3. Days and Nights both span 48 hours.  Neither time span includes weekends. Nights may end earlier if all actions are in before the deadline. Days and nights end at 8PM GMT unless otherwise specified.
   4. Never edit your posts for any reason, including typos.
   5. Do not PM other players.  Players with private chat access will be given a topic on QuickTopic where they may post freely.
   6. Never quote any PM from the mod.  You may give a general summary (for example, a roleclaim), but do not quote directly.
   7. Any requests to the moderator not in bold will be ignored.
   8. You may ask for an extension or shorten by putting the respective word in bold.  Extensions require 33% of players to agree minus any players opposing, and requires at least three players. Extends are for 24 hours, and there may only be a maximum of three Extends.  Shortens require at least 51% of players to agree, and will end the day as soon as I can process the day end.
   9. Dead players may post one “bah post” to comment on their death, but it may not contain any relevant game information.  After that, please do not post.
  10. Please make an effort to post at least once daily.  If you do not post for 36 hours, you will be prodded.  If I don’t hear from you within 24 more hours, you will be replaced and/or modkilled.
  11. Never underestimate your importance, and always play to win!

Revealed Possible Roles:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Attendance Sheet:
Strikethrus are deaths. Green-coloured names are wins. Red-coloured names are losses not due to death.

Players:
  • Think0028, Witch Crone
  • BDthemag, Miller
  • Vector, Villager
  • Toaster, Inquisitor
  • Dariush, Wizard
  • Pandarsenic, Lyncher (TolyK -> NUKE9.13)
  • TolyK -> NUKE9.13, Villager
  • UristMcArathos, Witch Mother
  • IronyOwl, Golem
  • Flandre, Vigilante
  • Simple, Miller
  • Ottofar, Miller
  • Jim Groovester, Witch Maiden
  • Max White, Miller

Special thanks go to RedWarrior0 for the game balancing, and thanks to Toaster for making the original rules list!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 03:26:08 pm by lordnincompoop »

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [SIGNUPS: 0/9+]
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 07:57:18 pm »

In, of course.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 08:02:07 pm »

Looks interesting.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 08:07:11 pm »

I would be interested, but I have never played Mafia before. Reading the wiki, it does not seem too difficult to pick up. Is it more complicated than it appears?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 08:09:58 pm »

Hum if this doesn't start in the next day or so i shall IN (unless you mind me being minimally active for the first 24 hours sort of thing, I'm not at home just posting from a phone, so I can ask questions and stuff just not give huge quotes and massive posts.)
Nom nom nom

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 08:44:17 pm »

I would be interested, but I have never played Mafia before. Reading the wiki, it does not seem too difficult to pick up. Is it more complicated than it appears?
I had that same mindset, the mechanics aren't difficult but actual player sometimes is. I suggest you wait until the next Beginners Mafia game pops up, since this is a bastard game that doesn't use the standard mechanics of a normal mafia game.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 08:56:13 pm »

I had that same mindset, the mechanics aren't difficult but actual player sometimes is. I suggest you wait until the next Beginners Mafia game pops up, since this is a bastard game that doesn't use the standard mechanics of a normal mafia game.
Having seen the wiki, I must say the game has piqued my interest! I can watch this one until a novice-friendly game is introduced, though...
Thank you!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 09:33:55 pm »

Aww, you're so cute and polite :3

I look forward to playing with you.

Anyway, in.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 09:54:26 pm »

Sure, why not?

In.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 08:49:22 am »

*insert witty comment here* in *continue the witty comment*

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 08:56:23 am »

Four more, at least. Come on, people!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 03:20:31 pm »

Sure, I'll join.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 03:28:51 pm »

I had no idea the recruiting process was such a stretch...
Are there so few regulars on these forums that know how to play?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2011, 03:53:25 pm »

no just a mafia game is rather time consuming and there is already 4 in progress, so a lot of people don't wanna be in more then one at a time.
Nom nom nom

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 03:59:49 pm »

no just a mafia game is rather time consuming and there is already 4 in progress, so a lot of people don't wanna be in more then one at a time.
Oh, okay. That makes sense. From what I have seen, a single game at a time is engaging enough in and of itself.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 04:06:05 pm by Flandre »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39