Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 270916 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 6 - Only three remain
« Reply #990 on: September 24, 2011, 04:41:35 am »

I guess it would.

But with Bdthemag dead I don't think that there are any vampires left.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: September 24, 2011, 04:59:25 am »

I'm fairly certain the vampires don't die when the vampire Lord dead.

I find the death of IronyOwl interesting. I'm going through the thread to see when these NKs started.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: September 24, 2011, 05:10:40 am »

Important question, doesn't a demon have to kill every night? Or am I thinking of something else?

Also, Mod: Does a kill happen before a conversion?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: September 24, 2011, 11:17:19 am »

Kills and Conversions are effectively simultaneous. While I might give them a specific order for flavor purposes, they never interfere with each other.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: September 25, 2011, 01:56:45 am »

Ugh, busy weekends suck for playing Mafia.

Hm. I think you might be right. A demon functions as a SK, right? So if we lynched Solifuge and it turns out that you're a cultist, we would just go back and forth resulting in a tie (assuming you have no tricks up your sleeve).
I guess it would.

And with this, Ottofar has tipped his hand. Past Supernatural Mafias have shown us that the Vampire Cult does not die with their leader; like any other scumteam, they win by lynching enough players to equal or outnumber the Town. Right here, Ottofar is feigning ignorance, and pretending that it's safe to lynch, when it is not. Note his passive accusations as well; he won't go out on a limb, but is trying to coax you into incriminating me yourself, so he can follow you BD. He wants you to lead, to make him look less scummy.

I've been suspecting that JoshuaFH/Ottofar was our final Scum for some time. Josh had been lurking throughout the whole game, claiming "a lack of investment", and claimed his role as Priest on Day 2, when he resurrected me. An intelligent Cult would be all over a Townie who had not only spent their role, but publicly cleared themselves. His claiming makes him the perfect last-ditch sleeper cultist, to stick in the background and wait for Town to lynch itself to oblivion.

I still have my resurrection Insurance Policy, on the slim chance that Otto is a mislynch, and that gives us a shot at correcting it. Even so, I'm feeling pretty damned confident we've got our final Scum right here.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: September 25, 2011, 02:46:28 am »

Hm. I think you might be right. A demon functions as a SK, right? So if we lynched Solifuge and it turns out that you're a cultist, we would just go back and forth resulting in a tie (assuming you have no tricks up your sleeve).
I guess it would.

And with this, Ottofar has tipped his hand. Past Supernatural Mafias have shown us that the Vampire Cult does not die with their leader; like any other scumteam, they win by lynching enough players to equal or outnumber the Town. Right here, Ottofar is feigning ignorance, and pretending that it's safe to lynch, when it is not. Note his passive accusations as well; he won't go out on a limb, but is trying to coax you into incriminating me yourself, so he can follow you BD. He wants you to lead, to make him look less scummy.

I've been suspecting that JoshuaFH/Ottofar was our final Scum for some time. Josh had been lurking throughout the whole game, claiming "a lack of investment", and claimed his role as Priest on Day 2, when he resurrected me. An intelligent Cult would be all over a Townie who had not only spent their role, but publicly cleared themselves. His claiming makes him the perfect last-ditch sleeper cultist, to stick in the background and wait for Town to lynch itself to oblivion.

I still have my resurrection Insurance Policy, on the slim chance that Otto is a mislynch, and that gives us a shot at correcting it. Even so, I'm feeling pretty damned confident we've got our final Scum right here.

But you're missing one thing, there have been two NKs since you left and I know for a fact that the vampire lord didn't have a NK, and neither have any of the flipped roles. That makes it pretty clear that you're a demon. You were resurrected N1, someone was killed N2, and then another person was killed last night (not by the Devil). So I have no doubt that you're a demon.

Mod: If by the end of today there's one townie and one cultist left, who wins? Or is it a tie?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: September 25, 2011, 02:48:24 am »

Also, your "insurance policy" means nothing to me. You'll just kill me and win, duh.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: September 25, 2011, 03:18:18 am »

I don't know where you're seeing two NKs; there was only 1 last night, and that was IronyOwl. Remember, MBP was his Guardian Angel, and his win condition necessitated that Irony survived until the end. When Irony was killed by MaxWhite's Devil-Deal NK, MBP lost with him, "spiriting his soul off to the heavens". If you were confused about BD, Max, Crown. or Leafsnail, they all went to Hell, after taking (or offering) the Devil Deal, as has already been confirmed.

A last point of common sense (Meph can confirm this); if I were a Demon (though I'd like to think it's readily apparent that I'm not by now), Town would have a guaranteed loss already. They could either lynch the Cultist and let the Demon win, or lynch the Demon and let the Cultist win.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: September 25, 2011, 04:19:36 am »

Whoops! Forgot a bracket!

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: September 25, 2011, 04:33:29 am »

Ignore the entirety of that last post. I did a little more reading and discovered that it was someone who took the deal that killed Nuke, so I'm suddenly less sure of your demonhood (there's a slim chance you could just be not using your kill, but that's a stretch).

So, let's look at Otto's recent posts.

Pushing for your demonhood, but doesn't back it up. Feigning ignorance about the way Vampires work. Hasn't voted yet even though he's obviously leaning towards you. Joshua claimed a town-friendly and confirmed role and then went to lurking.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's Ottofar, but I want to hear from him before I make my decision.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: September 25, 2011, 11:19:34 am »

The only place I'd seen a Vampire Lord was XylBot, and there killing him results in all the slaves dying also. Also some movies.

And I'd based it on the game not being over yet, and quickly looking back the page, where was the vote thing. Which is a safe, passive move.

Also, NF, I couldn't be the Lord either since Joshua, whom I replaced, revived Solifuge. But yeah.

Solifuge.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: September 25, 2011, 12:06:48 pm »

Mod: If by the end of today there's one townie and one cultist left, who wins? Or is it a tie?

If there is a tie between Town and Scum for numbers the Scum team wins.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: September 25, 2011, 12:28:20 pm »

There's no Lord left. The Devil Deal killed the Lord last night. Why are you talking about finding the Lord.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: September 25, 2011, 02:06:52 pm »

No kidding?

It was just a thing to point out. But yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 70