Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1518521 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #4830 on: January 31, 2012, 12:57:05 pm »

I haven't played it either all month.

Instead, I'm playing Oblivion with FCOM and Deadly Reflex instead since I am a nub and didn't get into the Elder Scrolls series until Skyrim. 120+ hours into Oblivion already. That's over 330 hours between Skyrim and Oblivion, good god.

I started with Morrowind.
Good old times..

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4831 on: January 31, 2012, 01:15:37 pm »

I didn't play it for a long time too. Waiting for CK.

Believe it or not, I'm still playing Morrowind.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #4832 on: January 31, 2012, 01:31:36 pm »

I started with Arena, still play it and Daggerfall regularly. Those games were packed with win.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4833 on: January 31, 2012, 01:58:23 pm »

WINNER!

But before we get into that competition of who got into the series first ;) Have you people who haven't played for a month suffered withdrawal symptoms yet?
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4834 on: January 31, 2012, 02:04:33 pm »

Kinda sad really, at the moment i feel like most enemies have ridiculous amounts of health for my dwarven sword (skill 50) and 8dmg/sec destruction spells (30-ish).

Well there's your problem. This is the first tier of spell and is the weakest. You gotta upgrade. There is a mod out there that scales damage done with spells to your destruction skill, but for vanilla you gotta upgrade to thunderbold(And Ice Spike because it's hilarious). Eventually you'll get Firestorm. And buddy, Firestorm is nothing to underestimate.

I also already have a sorta limitation on my current character, even if it's an incredibly basic premise.

Code: [Select]
Race: Redguard
Main Weapon: Scimitar
Secondary Weapon: Scimitar, daggers(This enemy is below using the scimitars)
Main Skills (3):One-handed, Archery, Sneak
Secondary Skills (5):Smithing, Light Armor, I dunno potions and enchanting I guess?
Main Goal: Become the best swordsman in Tamriel and learn these Nord sword styles
Secondary Goal: Help out any small villages he comes across
Taboo:Use Scimitars only, must wear Hammerfell Garb and Hammerfell Headdress, primarily use Elemental Fury shout as opposed to direct effect shouts and no werewolf form.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4835 on: January 31, 2012, 02:05:30 pm »

WINNER!

But before we get into that competition of who got into the series first ;) Have you people who haven't played for a month suffered withdrawal symptoms yet?

Actually, this thread is the only thing that keeps reminding me that there is a game called Sykrim :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4836 on: January 31, 2012, 02:14:27 pm »

My current self-imposed challenge is a Kajiit outcast.

The main restrictions:

1. May only enter cities at night.
2. May not use merchants or shopkeepers of any type, including fences. No selling or buying of items ever unless specifically required by a quest.
3. May only use items which are stolen or found on dead bodies.
4. No crafting of any type, including alchemy/enchanting.

It makes the game fairly interesting. Suddenly I don't care about all the gold rings and random junk in the dungeons unless it is better than my current equipment. I will pickpocket people but only if they have something I want, such as a magic ring or amulet or better weapon. I get arrows by picking the pockets of guards, for example. I can use the armor given to me for joining a faction, and steal some potions from them. It becomes very important to break into alchemists shops and other places with potions on display.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4837 on: January 31, 2012, 02:14:42 pm »

WINNER!

FCOM-Oblivion+Deadly Reflex actually plays better than Skyrim in my opinion. So no.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4838 on: January 31, 2012, 02:17:40 pm »

...weren't we promised something like dynamic snow and stuff? Is that actually in the game?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4839 on: January 31, 2012, 02:19:39 pm »

I don't remember stuff like that, unless you mean weather traveling across the landscape. In which case I guess? The environmental effects look really good and each area generally keeps to its theme. I think the only times players take note of the weather is using weather-influencing powers, and I think those don't use that system.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4840 on: January 31, 2012, 02:39:33 pm »

You will have occasional snowstorms which make it hard to see but I haven't noticed much in the way of dynamic weather.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4841 on: January 31, 2012, 02:42:53 pm »

I mean snow actually being something that collects during snow storms, can be anywhere according to the weather, etc. Search "Skyrim dynamic snow" on google and you will see a bunch of old reports of it being in skyrim.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4842 on: January 31, 2012, 02:44:52 pm »

I mean snow actually being something that collects during snow storms, can be anywhere according to the weather, etc. Search "Skyrim dynamic snow" on google and you will see a bunch of old reports of it being in skyrim.
Well... its not. And I really don't see any reason for it to be, honestly. It would be pretty and all but what, are we going to have to shovel snow off our lawn after 100+ hours of play? Why would you waste that many processing resources on a feature with little to no game impact?

Now if they had a survival system in the game which tracked temperature and snowfall and you had to worry about being caught in blizzards that would be different.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4843 on: January 31, 2012, 03:46:13 pm »

Well... its not. And I really don't see any reason for it to be, honestly. It would be pretty and all but what, are we going to have to shovel snow off our lawn after 100+ hours of play? Why would you waste that many processing resources on a feature with little to no game impact?

Now if they had a survival system in the game which tracked temperature and snowfall and you had to worry about being caught in blizzards that would be different.

Ahh, but you see, temperature and survival requirements are the hallmarks of games with depth and the effort included to realize those aims. Not necessary in a hack 'n' slash, obviously. I don't doubt that they DID make such silly claims as 'Dynamic snow' since Bethesda has a way of using words like 'Dynamic' to describe completely mundane and uninteresting things, such as their A[un]I.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4844 on: January 31, 2012, 06:12:51 pm »

Damn it. After moving my Steam folder to another Drive I had to redownload it. Now all my settings are reset. What were the first thing which fixes the quality levels, I could set it as Ultra graphics before now I can't...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 896