Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Plump helmets, where are you?  (Read 1043 times)

20,000leeks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Plump helmets, where are you?
« on: November 03, 2006, 05:43:00 am »

My current fortress has a slight issue with farming - although I have plump helmet seeds in the stockpile, I can't select them to farm in my farm plot. They're simply not on the list in Spring, Summer, or Autumn.

I'm not sure if this is because it's a Reclaim Fortress and I didn't bring the seeds with me (Plump Helmets weren't available on the item selection screen), or if I reclaimed them improperly, but it is making the early years a little difficult. Everything else, by the way, plants just like normal - cave wheat, sweet pods, and pig tails are all functioning as usual.

qalnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Plump helmets, where are you?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 03:09:00 pm »

(highly wrong guesses)

[ November 03, 2006: Message edited by: qalnor ]

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 03:17:00 pm »

This is a problem with saves that went through...  22b maybe.  The one where the towns went over to local materials.  Some caves don't have plump helmets, so some dwarven civilizations don't have them available (this has been amended, but the old saves are still affected).  When you reclaim, the civilization doesn't recognize that the plants exist -- if you can find one gathering plants underground though, the option will probably open up.  I can probably patch up the old saves with the next release.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

20,000leeks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 11:17:00 pm »

It's not that big a deal - I'll probably be starting a new fortress soon anyway. Just my fault for being lazy and not regenerating   :D