Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34

Author Topic: SimRepublic, Libya is #1!  (Read 52672 times)

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SimRepublic, Libya is #1!
« Reply #480 on: September 17, 2011, 12:11:56 am »

Any chance of building in cities being allowed again/rent for foundries being reduced? Because I'm not able to build my own, and renting one to process what little iron ore I have would bankrupt me.
I'll put a $1 rent on my second foundry if you like, but i need 1 free to process my own ore.

BTW i just gave an idea to gimlet, the production manager. He was worried what would happen if a critical piece of equipment (steelworks specifically) was to break down. I suggested to make a $1 repair job, with 2 guys pre-accepted. So, if the owner was offline and that factory broke down, one of the "maintenance crew" could fix it easily.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 01:19:10 am by Reelyanoob »

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 17, 2011, 04:07:10 pm »

Looks like bay12's gotten bored with it, can't really blame anyone, about to do the same if I can get a good game to get distracted into.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 17, 2011, 10:52:58 pm »

I kinda expected that after we hit #1, it's anti-climactic after that.

Also, we're past the "pioneers" stage, as well. A newbie recently expressed disappointment with that as well, there weren't as many opportunities to create his own stuff as he had hoped.

An option now is to continue with Libya, with an obvious drop in numbers as inactives kick in, so we'd be a middle-rank country at some point. China's had some sort of recruitment drive, so they've popped to first place ahead of us now. So that begs the question of what goals left do we have for Libya? We achieved what we set out to at the start.

I'm still kind of having fun training up my character, so will play on for a while, another choice is to dissolve the Libya project, leave it to anyone who wants it (or use it as a base to produce equipment we need), and the remaining players can split up and do their own thing, travel, join, or create their own, smaller countries.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 17, 2011, 11:13:04 pm »

I've heard talk of founding a new country, and frankly, I'm for it. It would help keep up interest as well as allowing a larger number of people to get in on the ground floor, which would mean a stronger industrial base. If we made sure to finish mining and processing all of our current resources and then sold off all of our buildings, we could start in a pretty good position, as most of us would have substantial resource and cash, as well as our levels, so we could get a new country running efficiently much faster. A bonus to this is that now we know what to do and what not to do, so we could allocate labor and plan out our city structure for the new capital much better.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 17, 2011, 11:13:50 pm »

So I finally get my farm back into a state where I can start making money, and we decide to leave T.T
*Hugs*

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 18, 2011, 12:00:53 am »

Menace, 3 of us have decided to leave. That's it.

So far, Me, Flying Dice & Reimi have decided to settle the empty terriitory of Albania as co-leaders.

We lay claim to Albania.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 12:04:09 am by Reelyanoob »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 18, 2011, 12:09:48 am »

Menace, 3 of us have decided to leave. That's it.

So far, Me, Flying Dice & Reimi have decided to settle the empty terriitory of Albania as co-leaders.

We lay claim to Albania.

So don't take it, asshat. You know who you are.  :)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 12:36:36 am by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 18, 2011, 02:42:11 am »

I am heading to Norway soonish, Looking for at least 3 others to join me.
Aim. 1 Farmer (currently Me cause I have no other skills) 2 Engineers/Builder and 1 Miner
Naturally you can be whatever the fuck you want for the others but that the general aim I would like to have so we can get the shit up and running quickly. I hope to dump the hunter skill due to lack of use and pick up engineering...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 18, 2011, 10:45:01 am »

OK for those who are staying, I (Minister of Industrial Development) *am* really trying to get a lot of businesses to be available for those who want to run them.  I'm going to be a little careful because of what we've seen with the buildings of ragequitted/inactive players taking up room in the capital, being inoperative and unrepairable, and leading to sudden bottlenecks.  BUT I really think people who want to run buildings should be encouraged and accomodated - it's interesting, gives you something to do while you're doing a long mining/chopping/engineer/etc job, gets you interacting with customers/suppliers and I think people naturally work harder for something they have ownership in.

As a first step, 1 person has a sawmill building and I'd like to create at least another 2, and even more as demand increases.  Timber is incredibly useful and used in so many other materials and buildings.   And please, if you're just going to stay idle all night, set up long chop work instead - there is already a pretty good market for wood and it really helps us.  Also a brickworks, then a couple of iron foundries.   People who do well at these lower level business will be given first crack at the steelmill, glass and other higher level buildings.

So if you have interest in running a sawmill, brickworks or ironworks, please get in touch with me in-game.  If there's a huge demand (and I hope there is) the first chances will go to those with the most days, balanced against activity level and availability.

Also if you've got any mines on any of the mining plots older than Whitemountain Quarry (ie any plot older than yesterday), please finish them off and delete them because we'd like to delete the depleted plots and get to work on new ones.   I've also raised mining land rates to try to balance the increased income of mining with excavators and income to the government. The rates are high but really shouldn't be a problem to miners with excavators.   The government will also be placing and selling mines and frameworks on some mining plots.

And if any miner does not yet have excavators, any medium/high level builder without cranes, or any serious farmer without tractors, please get in touch with me in-game so we can get you maximally productive.

Edit: And high level builders (>100 builds/tick with cranes) who want to build please get in touch with Rilder (or me if he's not on and I will forward your interest to him).
Edit2: these will be jobs with wages/contract pay sufficient to cover depreciation on cranes.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 05:59:11 pm by gimlet »

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 18, 2011, 11:17:16 pm »

Update: As of 04:00 game time, with 6 Modern Skyscrapers completed and powered up for a few hours, the population of Tripoli has grown from 26 to 818 out of a max 1500.  Planned skyscrapers and other pop buildings will at least triple this.

Also, Libya's "Military Force" rating went from something around 26 (sorry didn't record it exactly - it was low) to 324 at 23:00 and now as of 04:00 is at 1108!!!  Soon we can seriously start building squads and higher level organizations, and defense towers.  This will be a huge effort as these things are very expensive, so stay productive so we can start catching up to the other top countries.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 20, 2011, 12:54:33 am »

OK I'm having trouble even *giving* production buildings away, so please give me some suggestions on how to make that work.  The comments I've been hearing are about lack of demand and competition so tell me if this might stir some interest:

We open up a 2nd city for free-for-all building, for a whole nother set of whatever buildings people want to build.  The production buildings in the capital stay owned by the government, but no operator jobs are placed on them and they are mainly for backup and rental by citizens. 

All government material procurement will come from the 2nd city market, not from government/gimlet production in the capital, this removes the problem of competing against a giant.  If I personally want something I will buy through the market or rent a building like anybody else.  The government will try to give a hint of its needs ahead of time so planning can be done and stocks accumulated.

Anyone who wants a building but lacks cash can get a grant (from the gov or from me, I will grind farming til the money is available if I have to) so don't feel left out because you've been donating and haven't been stashing cash.

I/the gov buildings I run have big stores of some commodities -  I won't put them on the market, I'll wait til we can work out a foreign deal to dump them for some cash.

There should be a fair amount of demand at least in the short term from building the 2nd city, from the rest of the government buildings in Tripoli, defense towers, the arms factory, and foreign trade.

I'll build one or 2 buildings in the 2nd city just to keep my hand in, but I really REALLY don't want to run the whole economy.

Does this sound interesting to you guys?  Comments?  Will something like this work or should we go full commie?  (Credit: This was another good Realya idea, with tweaks by me like keeping government from crushing competition.)

« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 12:58:54 am by gimlet »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 20, 2011, 01:54:35 am »

nationalizing tripoli, and then leaving a new city plot for free market? doesn't seem bad.
But we must see if there is interest in new buildings.

People of simrepublic, we need your opinion.

mike201989

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 25, 2011, 11:25:18 am »

hey all im a new citizen of libya

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 25, 2011, 12:24:54 pm »

Right now, I'm mostly gathering money and job-experience from jobs. I don't entirely understand the politics of Simrepublic, so I don't really know what to say about all the decisions.

Helios

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 30, 2011, 11:04:08 am »

Hi,

I'd like forum members' opinion about the game if possible, as I can see a lot of people who started playing have left the game now. Probably because it got boring once everything was built right?

Do you have any ideas as the game is now how we could make it more interesting?

We tried to add an update to force war onto players but it got a massive rebellion so it might not be the best idea.

Bay12 forum players are slightly more experienced so I would like some feedback if possible

Thanks!
Helios
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34