Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Schil's Dungeon: An amateur Minecraft adventure  (Read 4525 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Schil's Dungeon: An amateur Minecraft adventure
« on: November 13, 2011, 06:11:28 pm »

I'm working on a Minecraft adventure, and I would like some beta testers, or at least some feedback on V0.1.

Spoiler: Pictures (click to show/hide)

It's not very good, I have to admit. But, well, I have only put about six hours of work into it so far. It's built around natural and randomly generated features; the first part of it is an MCMapper dungeon (which I will be removing and replacing either with another, better MCMapper dungeon or a hand-made one).

It requires IndustrialCraft2.

So, any comments or suggestions?

DOWNLOAD
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 07:06:02 pm by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Schil's Dungeon: An amateur Minecraft adventure
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 12:35:28 pm »

FUCK YEAH
Count me in!
I can help make it if you want, I have made insane dungeons/redstone things before.
It might be cool to have RedPower to make even more complex shit :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 06:55:06 pm »

FUCK YEAH
Count me in!
I can help make it if you want, I have made insane dungeons/redstone things before.
It might be cool to have RedPower to make even more complex shit :P

FUCKING REDSTONE. I HATE IT.

If I have an idea I'll share it with you.

Wait a sec... Oh god, I didn't. I forgot to post the download link. HERBADERBADERP. Editing now.

EDIT:

Actually, I'll just upload V0.2 and link to that. Now there's a minecart track that leads through the Nether. Now I've put twelve hours of work into it!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 07:10:19 pm by Schilcote »
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 07:20:00 pm »

Looks cool, some ideas would be to add a story of sorts, a town or village or urban area and muptile areas in an openworld.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 07:47:15 pm »

SURE
I WILL HELP
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 05:04:03 pm »

I WILL HELP

... How, exactly?

Toly: I think I have a job for you. Should I just PM the half-completed next version to you, or what? I'm just going to give you a nice big patch of desert and say "build something awesome here".

add a story of sorts

Hmm... Any ideas for one? I was thinking of something involving Loki, but that was more of an excuse plot...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 05:12:36 pm by Schilcote »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 06:37:33 pm »

I am a proficent beta tester and am currently involved with helping another minecraft adventure, with Captain_Projeck, Exkirby, and Sirwho.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 06:47:25 pm »

I am a proficent beta tester and am currently involved with helping another minecraft adventure, with Captain_Projeck, Exkirby, and Sirwho.

Oh.

Well, download the map and tell me what you think of it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 06:53:16 pm »

Got it downloaded but haven't had time to play it. I am currently involved with You Son Of An Elf! with a succsesion fort.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 07:18:51 pm »

Okay, one thing. There is a definate lack of direction. I am COMPLETLY lost. I don't know if im supposed to get to the bottom of the dungeon, go out a side entrance, or find a specific room. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6di0TCI8LU Watch it. Learn from it. This man is the master of maps, and he made that video to help. Let him. Nice job with the Reed me though. I like it.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 07:00:08 am »

Okay, one thing. There is a definate lack of direction. I am COMPLETLY lost. I don't know if im supposed to get to the bottom of the dungeon, go out a side entrance, or find a specific room. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6di0TCI8LU Watch it. Learn from it. This man is the master of maps, and he made that video to help. Let him. Nice job with the Reed me though. I like it.

There should be a very penultimate looking room at the bottom middle of the dungeon. You'll need to find the Lapotron Crystal in a guarded chest near to it, though, to power the teleporter.

Hmm... Should I add a sign that says "Find the Bedrock room at the bottom of the dungeon to get to the next stage" to the entrance point? I thought that heading downwards would have been implied by the fact that the dungeon is a dungeon.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 08:21:13 am »

grrr
this thing needs signs :D
I had absolutely no idea what to do... other than fight mobs :P
I am good with redstone...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 12:09:40 pm »

Don't worry about story yet, just work on getting the player from point A to point B. It doesn't have to be a sign, just some important looking thing.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 04:42:41 pm »

grrr
this thing needs signs :D
I had absolutely no idea what to do... other than fight mobs :P
I am good with redstone...

I'll just add some signs in V0.3. I've allocated a nice big spot in the desert (actually, I've allocated the entire desert) for you to work in. BUILD ME SOMETHING AWESOME. The objective at this point is to get the player to the ruin to the... umm... The way you're facing when you go through the big square thingy, away from the sea.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2011, 08:01:40 pm »

TOLY
WHERE IS MY AWESOME
Pages: [1] 2