Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 189

Author Topic: Migrursut: What Comes After The World Ends? [Epilogue] (A Community Fort)  (Read 375777 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Migrursut: Goodness is a Choice (A Community Fort)
« Reply #1365 on: November 27, 2008, 01:32:57 am »

Heh, Jools is arm-candy. Nice.

Does that mean that he is delectable?

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: November 27, 2008, 04:55:39 am »

At the risk of sounding like a total noob (and showing my colors as such), can someone give a list of the months in order from first to last? Just so I know what time of year it is without having to take time to figure it out.

Thanks.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Groveller

• Bay Watcher
  • Giant Wingéd Giant Caveswallowmanman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: November 27, 2008, 05:11:57 am »

"Oh, Lenod save me, they're everywhere," moaned Mosus Sacktwinkled

At this point, I was sure this post would be about me. Oh, and:

Hematite, Malachite, Galena are summer.
Limestone, Sandstone, Timber are autumn.
Moonstone, Opal, Obsidian are winter.
Granite, Slate, and Felsite are spring.
The raccoon's still there, though.  Just chilling out.  Being a raccoon in some rocks.

Grov: Grovness is a Grov (A Grov Grov)

Jusal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: November 27, 2008, 05:29:49 am »

I'm not sure how I managed to miss Groveler's post there. Duh.

Anyway here is the wiki page on the dwarven calendar for future reference.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 03:47:21 am by Jusal »

Jools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: November 27, 2008, 06:31:42 am »

OOC: Pissing myself laughing. Arm candy? Arf. But hooray for getting on the scoreboard!

Oh yeah, and I'm tempted to suggest that, to reflect the dangers and experience of being Kib's husband, and the achievement of having such a large family despite this, I ought to have a free point or two in wrestling... ;-P

From the diary of Jools Machinescalded

I never expected that I would be in combat so soon. From what I've seen, many other recruits (such as Merkil) can go many months and become greatly skilled before ever going in to a real fight, but I was summoned with the rest of Rackreleased's squad to fight off a horde of Dread Camels.

Brusquely ordered to stay at the back and avoid anything that looked slightly dangerous, I was effectively shielded from battle as my squadmates (how new that term is to me) tirelessly fought against wave after wave of the undead beasts. There was little I could see that I could do to be helpful, without getting in the way of the more experienced warriors (especially Kib - I've learned to stay beyond arm-and-weapon's reach when she's got that look in her eyes). However, as the battle was approaching its end, Keldor spotted a small group of camels that had broken off from the main group and were approaching the magma vent. My squadmates were all rather busy at that point, desperately smashing the last group of camels into the desert sand (or indeed into each other - there seems to be some sort of game where you get "points" for doing this, but I haven't worked it out yet).

Anyway, I decided that in the tactical sense, it would be best to consider myself as a strategic reserve, and commit myself to fighting the small group of camels so that they would not get into the fortress and cause havoc there. My squadmates were already desperately fighting to prevent the main assault from achieving this, and I was determined not to allow their efforts to fail because they were unaware of this threat. Also I was mildly annoyed at being kept out of the fight, and I wanted to hit something.

I dashed off towards the vent, my departure unnoticed by my squadmates, and leapt down the stairs towards my foes. They spotted me as soon as I sighted them, and I charged towards them with a great battle-cry of "DOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNKEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYSSSSSS!"

The first camel was a little quicker than the others, and I got to fight with it a little before the others got to me. They're certainly tough creatures - I've got quite a bit of respect for the way Kib and the others were smashing them about and killing them in a single blow. I had to make do with hacking them about a bit and doing what damage I could, before finally the first one went down and I could start fighting the others, rather than just dodging and avoiding them.

However, as I fought, I started getting into the swing of things, learning how to swing the sword so all the force went into the camel rather than just in waving a sword around, and by the end of the fight I was feeling quite a bit stronger as I managed to chop bits off the camels rather than just cut into them.

Regardless, I've survived my first fight and learned a fair bit. Hopefully this is just the first of many in a glorious military career!

P.S. Kib thinks I'm arm candy. Awwww. Isn't she sweet sometimes? As well as being ferocious...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 06:35:33 am by Jools »

Groveller

• Bay Watcher
  • Giant Wingéd Giant Caveswallowmanman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: November 27, 2008, 09:11:02 am »

Jools, what would happen if Migrursut were set upon by zombie donkeys?
The raccoon's still there, though.  Just chilling out.  Being a raccoon in some rocks.

Grov: Grovness is a Grov (A Grov Grov)

IronValley

• Bay Watcher
  • Purple Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: November 27, 2008, 10:13:12 am »

Finally gotten back to Dwarf Fortress.... (finally got my damned laptop back). And once again I have atleast some time to read the wonderfull stories that this great game manages to spew out (with a massive amount of help from Heavy Flak ofcourse. ;))

I'd just like to say that I loved reading trough the storyline between Merkil and the General... shame about the "incident" with Dwarf Companion and sexes though.... I guess you could interpete it as Merkil being devoted to the way of the hammer, and not being interested in other pleasures....

Would it be too mutch to request a screenshot of Merkil's stats/personality and kills?

Keifru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: November 27, 2008, 11:38:36 am »

Jools, what would happen if Migrursut were set upon by zombie donkeys?
Two donkey zoos...or he would hug them so hard, they would snap in half. :D

Jools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: November 27, 2008, 12:03:53 pm »

Zombie donkeys would be kept in a separate pen, and Bertrand would be repeatedly pestered for a cure.

Or I might try and give them a decent burial, in the hope that they would be reborn in the light of Zefon, pausing occasionally to smack them with a shovel and ensure they stayed in the graves.

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: November 27, 2008, 03:00:49 pm »

IronValley: Sometime today (probably tonight after I finish making my Deep Fried Thanksgiving! (HELLZ YEAH!)) I'll get all that stuff posted for you.  I agree completely about your take on Merkil's "love" for DayCovering.   This has taught me that there are some things even I shouldn't mess with, and in the future, all Dwarf genders are going to stay set in stone.  Here's something funny I found out while getting map information for Xofrevlis - if you change a Dwarf's name and gender in-game, then look at him in the legends section, his name will be 'A Nick Name', and it will show his real gender.

So, using this, Aryn's actually a girl.  That just makes my head hurt.   Does explain all the dresses he wears in private, though...

IronValley

• Bay Watcher
  • Purple Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: November 27, 2008, 04:39:58 pm »

IronValley: Sometime today (probably tonight after I finish making my Deep Fried Thanksgiving! (HELLZ YEAH!)) I'll get all that stuff posted for you.  I agree completely about your take on Merkil's "love" for DayCovering.   This has taught me that there are some things even I shouldn't mess with, and in the future, all Dwarf genders are going to stay set in stone.  Here's something funny I found out while getting map information for Xofrevlis - if you change a Dwarf's name and gender in-game, then look at him in the legends section, his name will be 'A Nick Name', and it will show his real gender.

So, using this, Aryn's actually a girl.  That just makes my head hurt.   Does explain all the dresses he wears in private, though...

I imagine masterpeice dresses made by Dwarven artisans must be quite comfortable.... alternatly you could consider it to be something like this

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: November 27, 2008, 09:27:46 pm »

IronValley: Here's the requested info on Merkil.  Ignore the "romantically involved" part :D

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: November 27, 2008, 10:16:51 pm »

Can you post info on Zako? Please? I'm curious to how his training is going.

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: November 27, 2008, 11:23:43 pm »

The events of the 15th of Slate, 1067

Six figures trudged wearily to the fortress from the access path to the south.  They were coated in dust, dehydrated to the point where they no longer sweat.  One of the peasants nearly fainted, but he was hauled into a fireman's carry by the single guard traveling with them, a lean speardwarf, her face a mask of determination.

As they mounted the the ramp to the front of the fortress, they were greeted by three large iron bins, fires roaring inside them.  A massive dwarf, his long gray beard hanging down below his belt stood in front of the southern bridge, blocked the path with arms outstretched.  A large spiked helm half covered his face, but the cheshire grin he sported could be seen easily by all.

"FREEESH MEAT!  WELCOME TO HELL!  HA HA HA!" The figure boomed.  A large mace crashed into the road, sending up a shower of pebbles and dust.  "STEP UP, ALL OF YOU, STEP UP AND RECEIVE YOUR PUNISHMENTS!"

A smaller dwarf rushed in from the side.  His armor was dented and he looked harried, his face long and worn.  He leaned in and whispered something into the area of the graybeard, then ducked as the mace swung past his head to crack the wall.  "What the hell, Vatek!  Why do I keep letting you guard my site if you're going to run to me with every pissy little problem that comes our way!  MOVE, I'll handle it!"

Soon, it was only Vatek standing in front of the bridge.  He gave an apologetic shrug to the group of migrants.  "Just, uhh, ignore The Captain.  He was in one of his moods this morning when he woke up from his After Breakfast nap, and..." Vatek just sighed.  "Anyway.  Come on in, you can meet down in the mess.  We'll bring water, and ale, and food... and, like I said.  Just ignore The Captain?  Or... better, stay away from him.  Yes.  Do that."

OOC: Jotwebe, you're the last on my list.  The reason you're not in this group is because of the request to be a worshipper of Neth Okin Shagog - everyone either dug Lenod or Delar. this round (No Zefonists either Kuli).   There were a couple peasants, and... maybe a thresher I could give you as a character, but if you want to wait that's cool too.

Flintus, to get you in your character's a chick.  Sorry!

Zako, I'll get your skills posted here in a bit, but your kill log is hidden for the moment, for you know, story reasons.  And stuff!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 01:56:17 am by Heavy Flak »

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: November 27, 2008, 11:32:36 pm »

I'll nab that peasant mentioned if there's no objections. Named Wilber, macedwarf is preferred but anything you need done actually, go ahead and assign him/her. It'd be interesting for my dwarf to be involved with Flintus' person (assuming Sarek is Flintus' creation).
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 189