Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 09:01:34 pm 
Started by RoseHeart - Last post by Supernerd
- The previous time actions were locked was May 12, and the previous update was on May 17.
- The current action lock was May 20. It is now May 25.

Your analogy has turned against you!
Better take that cake out of the oven soon, because nobody likes burnt cake!

on: Today at 07:45:21 pm 
Started by chubby2man - Last post by chubby2man

The deadliest truck on the planet trundles forward.

-Betty leans out the window, armed with her laser cannon. She takes aim and fires, a beam of fire lancing out and piercing the engine of the pursuing gunship. The engine explodes, and sends the gunship crashing down behind them.

-Slab takes up his missile launcher and fires. The missile speeds towards the armored Captain, striking him square on the chest plate. The Captain and his squad are engulfed by an explosion, and as the smoke clears the Captain sits slightly dazed, his armor a ruin around him…

-… Until Bernard smacks his head clean off with a perfect swing from atop the speeding truck with a makeshift light post.

-Abe rolls out of the truck and rushes the fallen Captain’s body, cutting through 3 Viking raiders too stunned to defend themselves. Not much armor is leftbut a blackened pauldron. Abe scoops it up.

-Bobby peppers a passing gunship, killing one of the door gunners and causing smoke to pour from one of its engines, but it turns around to make an attack run on the truck.

One of the other gunships, alerted by the laser destroying one of its comrades, also begins lining up for an attack.

(3)Lasers scorch the truck as it barrels through, and something rattles loose inside the engine. The volunteered driver begins cursing, but he thinks it’ll make it to the palace.

(1) Dozens of vengeful raiders begin to converge on Abe, isolated and alone next to their dead Captain. A few shots hit him in no vital areas (1 damage to Abe.)

Two pursuing gunships, and another successful driving action will get you out of this area. Abe is in lethal danger, surrounded by 24 raiders.

(Sorry about the delay, had a busy last few days!)

on: Today at 07:10:13 pm 
Started by Bralbaard - Last post by AvolitionBrit
that is a cool concept.

I don't believe it has been done.

on: Today at 06:51:52 pm 
Started by Bralbaard - Last post by dikbutdagrate
Oh man, I'd be really surprised if no ones ever done this before.
I just came up with a really simple gimmick for a new adventurer, I'm hoping no one beat me to it.

So like, has anyone ever submitted their own character to the museum, as like, and actual artifact (produced in fort mode)?

Go out, do some barely notable stuff. Kill some stuff, etc. Retire at my own player-made fort, and lock them up next to the butcher and tanner shops, and wait for a fell mood to proc.

Once that's done, take another adventurer to come claim the artifact and add it to the museum. Make for a neat IMO. Especially if its made of sponge man sponge.

Maybe I'll just do that for Weenié Le Puu, and store his soul in a pet salmon or something. And not deal with any of the potential fallout caused by mass disintegration of all souls. (makes all characters perpetually reclaimable, their bodies that is. And fast traveling results in you turning into random dwarves, goblin refugees, butterflies, and fish.)

Edit: To clarify, I wasn't necessarily going to destroy them. You know, just sort of put them all in one place. Like inside a giant undead pet tortoise, which would contain the souls of all historical figures ever to exist. To uhh... keep em' safe? Protect them like. (Yeah, that'll do. They don't need to know what I was actually planning on doing with them, hehehe.)

on: Today at 06:45:37 pm 
Started by evictedSaint - Last post by MonkeyMarkMario
Quote from: Defence Pact
The undersigned agree to a mutual defence agreement, in which each member pledges their fleets to the defence of each other member.
Losses shall be assigned evenly. Each lost fleet shall be randomly assigned to a member, then that member is excluded from future loss-randomisation, until every player has lost a fleet (at which point all players are put back in to the loss pool).
This agreement lasts for one turn (unless specifically renewed).

Signed
-Lord Tyranious, of House Durin
-
-
-
-

on: Today at 06:24:11 pm 
Started by Maloy - Last post by Otto_K
Idk what happened here, accidentally posted another message

Sorry if it's taking too long, ingame or irl... i think i'll be ready very soon. Coming next time: werehyenas

on: Today at 06:18:30 pm 
Started by Maloy - Last post by Otto_K
Earthenjungles: Book of Summer
Year 162

I traded with the civ, selling them 3 silver minecarts, 1 sapphire and broken clothes, buying all of their leather, cloth and plump helmets.

I’ve tamed a lot of kea and a pair of dingoes. The wild dingo pack has been eliminated. The fort is living on plump helmets, kea eggs and fish, which is plentiful in the river. I turned DFHack’s Tailor on after buying cloth to produce some new clothes. In year 162, clothing has caught up with the demand and everybody's pretty well dressed.

I’m trying to produce everything at once, from tables to steel to bins, clothes, food etc. and also building and excavating, so I know I’m overworking the dwarves but that’s how I play.
There was a hilarious mini siege of animals, and then a raid of snatchers and goblin archers, beaten by the military squad. Later another animal group sieged us. War dogs and horses with human names, accompanied with farm animals. WEIRD…

Img 2, 3: Elven ambush

There was a small elven raid: some elves, a war bobcat and two masked lovebird people. Meanwhile, I made the waterfall intakes too powerful and they’re draining the whole river. I’m going back to drawing board to make them more reasonable.

The dwarves took a detour past the construction site of the corpse pits, while the elves cleverly crossed the dried-up riverbed, allowing them to enter the surface compound.

The elves and a lovebird man, Enure Jumpnotched, were killed at the river, while the lovebird woman, Lefari Fatalsatins, was shooting at our livestock and ‘Tom Cruise’, who wisely retreated outside, past the cage trapped door. Fatalsatins followed and was trapped.

Img 4: Minotaur attack and moody 'Bruce Willis'

Img 5: Minotaur VS 'AGayOleTime' in the tree

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Img 6: Minotaur combat log

Then came the Minotaur, Nawara Slaughterzephyr. Id ‘AGayOleTime’ Fierychannel jumped into a tree, the minotaur followed and butchered her with ease, goring the militiadwarf with her horn. Then the militia commander attacked the minotaur, and it fell down. One wrestler punched the minotaur in the tongue, collapsing its cheek. Another broken bone made it give in, and the commander hammered its brain through the skull.

‘Bruce Willis’, one of the starter dwarves, had a problem. Having been possessed by a mood, he had been spooked by the goblin raiders, and spooked again by the minotaur, until he found himself in the new drowning pit, standing like an idiot. I turned on the water intake, and being thrown around by the water seems to have cleared his head. He finished the artefact, which is a relief as he has many close friends.

The corpse pit was ready, and the atom smasher minecart route was turned on. It should be safe to run it all the time, for automated corpse disposal. It's all open to sky so no miasma, but it rains ALL THE TIME so that means working in the rain. I imagine miasma is still worse?

Just in time, for a goblin force arrived, asking for parley. I finished some of the construction and then refused them. Sadly they were great swimmers and refused to drown, and several ones broke into the compound and made it to the roof, as well as the underground areas. Finally they were all wiped out. I need to put a retractable bridge on top of the drowning chamber to counter the swimmers.

Img 7: New drowning chamber and the corpse dump with atom smasher

on: Today at 04:33:29 pm 
Started by Haspen - Last post by crazyabe
C.

on: Today at 04:22:46 pm 
Started by ZM5 - Last post by Eric Blank
A quick Google search shows coyotes can indeed by melanistic or dark colored or albino/white or very light blond coloration, so that's not off the table. Honestly I think nearly any animal can be melanistic or albino.

Also, graphics tokens do appear to update with mod updates just fine from what ive seen. I haven't had to reset a world for that alone.

on: Today at 04:12:12 pm 
Started by Haspen - Last post by notquitethere
Move Navy Myrkwasa to Southwestern Iliac Bay
Move Navy Tigonus to Southwestern Iliac Bay
Move Navy Dragontail West to Southeastern Iliac Bay

Raise Navy Myrkwasa, Sentinel, Ayosofya, Tigonus, Dragontail West

Raise armies Totambu, Dragontail West, Tigonus, Dak'Fron

Move armies in Kairou and Myrkwasa to Alik'R West
Move four armies from Alik'R West to Dak'from
Move army Tigonus to Dragontail West
Move x1 army Lainlyn to Totambu

Attack x2 armies from Totambu to Satakalaam