Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Nomic Game of Gods  (Read 757 times)

Oakrose905

• Bay Watcher
  • A big nerd for designing things.
    • View Profile
Re: Nomic Game of Gods
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2024, 11:12:03 pm »

Hmmm... i really have no clue what to do with my two starting acts, the rules are kinda vague and what all i can do with them.... any suggestions on what to do?...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2024, 07:34:00 am »

If what you want is an extra way to give things Agency, then write that rather than making the GM figure out that's what you're doing.

Oakrose905

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2024, 11:39:31 am »

If what you want is an extra way to give things Agency, then write that rather than making the GM figure out that's what you're doing.

Me?... I'm Yish'Tra, my sphere is life, and i have no idea what to do with my acts, and i don't think i cover agency. Or are you talking about Aerith?

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2024, 07:37:20 pm »

I mean the planet is barren and devoid of life, perhaps Yish’tra can fix that and establish some rules for it, atleast in some of the continents

Oakrose905

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2024, 10:57:09 pm »

I mean the planet is barren and devoid of life, perhaps Yish’tra can fix that and establish some rules for it, atleast in some of the continents

I see... would i be able to do that? cause i didn't even know if there were continents or water to begin with lol. Still don't know what to do with my major rule act. Sorry for all the questions cause its my first game like this, and the details around acts are still kinda confusing to me.

Oakrose905

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2024, 01:03:48 am »

I've come up with... something i think for the creation act, made a small continent, but idk if its any good/works lol. Dunno what to do with the rule act still...

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2024, 04:16:42 pm »

Turn 0
Yish'Tra uses their stick to raise a landmass of plants. The continent is located in the northern part of the world. In the middle of the continent was a mountain with a tree bigger than all the forests combined. The continent as a whole was called Aiónia. Yish'Tra also creates the Rule of Reproduction which causes all living beings to want to create 2 offspring. Bob creates the Rule of Agency. All objects don't have agency unless given by a minor act and ones that do can do things beyond being ordered. He also creates a of Dreams. Kath creates the Star Beacon, a bright moon, which completes a rotation every 25 hours. Kath also creates the rule of purpose. Aerith creates the five seas with different personalities/atmosphere. Chill Altari rests in the east covered with icebergs. Swift Bossa runs in the north. Warm Capridom lives in the west and is filled with small lives. Deltas breathes storms in the south. Opposite of the other seas, lays Eclipso with an island and a whirlpool in the middle. In the center of Altari, Bossa, Capridom, Deltas, was a small landmass that was bigger than an island. Aerith also creates the Rule of Will which bestows will upon named beings.
A sphereless act is granted to Aerith.
The plants below the giant reproduce happily while the giant one cannot.

Compendium
Altari - chill sea in the east and is covered in icebergs
    icebergs
Bossa - sea in the north and has swift currents
Capridom - warm sea in the west filled with basic life
    basic life
Deltas - stormy sea in the south
    unamed landmass - between Altari, Bossa, Capridom, Deltas
Eclipso - opposite to the seas above
    unamed whirlpool
        unamed island
Aiónia - filled with a variety of plant life
    lush plain
    lush forest
    unamed small mountain
        unamed giant tree

Rules created this turn
-The Rule of Reproduction. All things considered "living" have a way to reproduce, either through non-sexual means like mitosis or budding, or conventionally with a mate. Regardless of being granted Will, Agency, and Purpose, there is a drive to create at least 2 offspring in their lifetime to ensure the survival of their species.
-The Rule of Agency
All creations and other extant objects can either possess Agency or lack Agency. Unless allowed by this or another rule, everything lacks Agency.
Objects which possess Agency can decide what to do each turn. Objects which lack Agency cannot decide what to do and will either do nothing, do as ordered by a superior, or live out life in a generic way.
An object may be granted Agency by use of a minor Agency Act. Objects which perish lose Agency.
-The Rule of Purpose. All Objects and structures created by a creature of Will, Agency, or even Sentient thought have a Purpose. A sword Cuts, an axe chops, a boat travels, and when made with purpose, they do it most effectively. Master craftsmen can inscribe purposes through focusing their dedication and intent, and these new purposes may not be obvious to their original intent, and make Wonderous new capabilities. A broom may be weaved together with the capability of flight, or a sword may be able to conjure flames, harmless to it, but harmful to others by a master of their work.
-The Rule of Will. All Capital-named possess their own Will, irrespective of a Mind. They seek to survive and help others who respect them. Those who defile and degrade them will find the Will against them. Wills can be born of a Ocean, a Sea, a Weather System, a Forest, a City. Anything with a Capital Name that exists has it's own Will, even that of a Leader.

Gods
Spoiler: Yish'Tra (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alice/Bob (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kath (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aerith (click to show/hide)
she/her

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2024, 04:51:38 pm »

The Unnamed Giant Tree is given intelligence on par with a supercomputer. The Unnamed Giant Tree is given Agency.

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2024, 05:44:02 pm »

Kath arrives at the mountain upon the continent, and gets to work, chisseling stone and molding and hardening clay into 10 Large, sentient beings. He names them the Forgeborn, and gives them the ability to add more to their number by creating others out of minerals or metals. To do this, he spends both of his Minor Creation Acts.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 09:49:00 pm by Megam0nkey »

Oakrose905

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2024, 06:15:05 pm »

Yish'Tra uses their First Minor Act to create 100 beings of a species of mouse-like herbivores that feed off the many grasses and plants of the lush fields, they begin with 100 beings in their population, starting in the area where fields meet forest. Yish'Tra calls them the Squee,they tend to live in small burrows and holes in and around fields, occassionally leading out into the forest, they come in a variety of colors from shades of brown and tan to smoky grey.

To control their population, Yish'Tra uses their Second Minor Act to create 6 beings of a species of small Falconets, they are carnivores and natural predators to The Squee. They are about only twice the size of a Squee so when they kill one, it should be enough to feed them for a few days, giving the Squee time to repopulate losses. Yish'Tra calls them The Scraw, they tend to live in the tops of trees in the forest near the fields, they come in a bespeckled variety of white and brown, their beaks and eyes a bright yellow.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Today at 06:09:56 pm »

Turn 1
Alice/Bob grants the giant tree both intelligence and agency. With agency, the tree reproduces an enormous seed. It drops to the land below and hasn't exactly realized how to live. Meanwhile, Kath was making ten Forgeborn, which is ironic considering they are neither forged nor born. They could reproduce but considering that they're not given agency, they cannot. Yish'Tra populates the field with a 100 herbivorous squees and 6 carnivorous scraws.
A sphereless act is given to Kath

Compendium
Altari - chill sea in the east and is covered in icebergs
    icebergs
Bossa - sea in the north and has swift currents
Capridom - warm sea in the west filled with basic life
    basic life
Deltas - stormy sea in the south
    unamed landmass - between Altari, Bossa, Capridom, Deltas
Eclipso - opposite to the seas above
    unamed whirlpool
        unamed island
Aiónia - filled with a variety of plant life
    lush plain
        handful of squees
        handful of scraws
    lush forest
    unamed small mountain
        unamed giant tree
Realm of Dreams

Gods
Spoiler: Yish'Tra (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alice/Bob (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kath (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aerith (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: Today at 06:12:59 pm by Crystalizedmire »
she/her

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Today at 07:16:37 pm »

"TREE BEING. NAME SELF. THOU LACK WILL, THOU OBEY. BECOME NAMED. BECOME WILLED."

The Unnamed Giant Tree has orders beamed into its mind.

The Unnamed Giant Tree is given the ability to link minds with its own progeny.
Pages: 1 [2]