Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Editing current fortress to have goblin invasions  (Read 551 times)

GoldenH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Editing current fortress to have goblin invasions
« on: September 10, 2009, 10:14:36 pm »

Is this possible or do I have to make a fortress with goblins?

I like this location but I don't like that I don't have goblin armies attacking me.. so is it possible to edit my save file, or even just the world before i embark?

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Editing current fortress to have goblin invasions
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 10:36:27 pm »

Firstly, I'm assuming you're implying goblins don't have access to your embark site.  If that's not true, but wait longer for an invasion.  Secondly, I'm also assuming you haven't turned off invasions in the init file and just forgotten about it.

If goblins just don't have access to the site, ask yourself why not?  If it's way out of the way, you'd have to mod goblins themselves to give them access to the area.  If it's not way out of the way, goblins just weren't there when worldgen stopped.  Get the worldgen info from Legends, but don't preserve the history seed.  It might allow a situation where goblins survive wars and hold that territory at the time worldgen ends.  If they aren't there, there's nothing you can do to mod without regenning the world, but if you regen with the same seed, but throw out the history seed(name seed really doesn't make a difference), you should get the exact same landmass(which preserves the existance of your site) but different civilizations and general history.

GoldenH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 02:49:24 am »

I have no goblins in the civ screen and they weren't on the embark screen so I assume I am not going to see any goblins at this location. And I do have invasions on.

So your suggestion is just to try and change the history seed? That won't change the physical site any? I get Elves, Dwarves and Human caravans plus kolbold theives so there is no reason to my mind that goblins shouldn't be able to come too.

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 03:03:28 am »

It sounds like the goblins were wiped out in world gen.

Changing the history seed and regenning will leave the site intact and most likely give you a world with goblins.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 08:34:56 am »

I have no goblins in the civ screen and they weren't on the embark screen so I assume I am not going to see any goblins at this location. And I do have invasions on.

So your suggestion is just to try and change the history seed? That won't change the physical site any? I get Elves, Dwarves and Human caravans plus kolbold theives so there is no reason to my mind that goblins shouldn't be able to come too.

How late in the game are you? Goblins won't start showing up until about your second or third year, and even then it will usually just be snatchers for a while.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

GoldenH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 08:50:17 am »

I am in yr 103 now and I have had goblin snatchers and a goblin ambush just took out a caravan, now there is a goblin civ on the civ screen but they only have two people. does this mean I will get seiges and they can show up even if they don't show on the embark screen? :o
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 08:52:44 am by GoldenH »

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 08:59:08 am »

If you're getting ambushes, you'll get sieges.

GoldenH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 10:56:09 am »

awesome.. sorry for wasting your guys time