Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2 barons?  (Read 1117 times)

forfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
2 barons?
« on: October 12, 2015, 11:15:37 pm »

so I started my adventurer from one of my forts(it didnt even have enough ppl for a mayor when I retired it but had a lot of value because of an incredible amount of gold and silver). as I'm exploring trying to find a few military dwarves to bring as companions, I realized that there are 2 barons chilling at my fort. How is this possible? Is tourism a thing now?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: 2 barons?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 04:20:43 pm »

Clearly, your fortress has become Doom Episode 1 "Knee-Deep in the Dead", and the space marine who should be charging in needs to kill the barons to get to "The Shores of Hell".

In all seriousness they probably inherited some baronies when their relatives died. I once got the king that way.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 08:34:51 pm »

People do move around from site to site now, for a number of reasons: the barons might have gotten married, or just moved there on a whim. But the inheritance is perhaps more likely.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

forfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 08:42:21 pm »

I switched to fortress mode and some very interesting things happened: I suddenly had all the nobles aka liaison, diplomat, several barons etc. no king though. One of the barons was the baron of something else, but apparently they were my baron too because they were setting demands and had needs. The other baron and his "baron consort" had no special needs. Also my adventurer died of dehydration standing in the exact spot where I retired him. Took me forever to get all the nobles rooms the way they wanted XD lots of gold statues because apparently a diplomat needs a throne room.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 10:29:21 am »

throne room is really just another word for toilet.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 01:38:24 pm »

Because I've lost control of my life.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 01:43:22 pm »

that is amazing.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 02:54:35 pm »

I'd like to add that I had only 47 citizens, but had a mayor. not sure whether the population grew to 50 for just a moment during the transition, or if it had something to do with switching to ai control. It might also have had something to do with having 650k value because I found >50 straight levels of gold veins, and the first 30-50 were the silver/lead ore(still havent hit the bottom of the gold veins) I have gold statues in every room because why not. That may be why. (decent gold statues are worth 9k gold) ironically the mayor they elected was someone I had isolated just a game month before I retired it because I was worried that he was werepanther infected.