Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1219696 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Skarner, the Crystal Vanguard - 1.0.0.123
« Reply #3180 on: August 16, 2011, 11:00:31 am »

Umm... You could try making something interesting happen?

Seriously, instead of complaining, show by example. If something doesn't work, then go out and show it.

People QQ too much. If you have boring games, try not being boring. Obviously YOU are doing support/carry lanes as well. It's not that it DOESN'T work, either, so all the complaints about "oh how boring" should be something like "how do I use actual brainpower to win?" Because you can outthink your opponents if you actually try instead of the "oh noes my tryn no kill soraka solo, heals op." I mean, yeah, Soraka had to heal. What's the point? She can't fight back (were you expecting her to Starcall and Infuse you in some sort of AP Soraka mage style? Might as well just play an actual mage), and now she knows you can almost slaughter her if she gets close, and now she's used her heals on herself, leaving her teammates without support for a while.

Supports give up damage output for heals, ccs, and protection for their team, but you can find counters for supports.

tl;dr: stop QQing, ya pansies.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: August 16, 2011, 12:42:49 pm »

I have been saying that the better lane is assassin + support at bottom...

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: August 16, 2011, 01:38:25 pm »

Honestly, two lane bullies top, double CC bot, and ranged AD mid is the exact counter to this meta.

However, people's mentalities aren't going to change unless they're forced or blatantly shown what is superior. Like Dreamhack introduced this meta from EU.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: August 16, 2011, 01:45:21 pm »

This is going to be the worst free week ever.  Just had my 6 game winning streak ended.

Thankfully From Dust is out tomorrow.  I won't have to partake in this madness.
Shoes...

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: August 16, 2011, 02:04:19 pm »

Karthus's abilities can also create a sight ring. Don't forget about him!

Maybe I am missing something, but I don't understand why people think that supports are so Zzzzzzzzzzzz, or really why people think there is a big problem with them. The game revolves around feeding your carries and ganking. Supports can help with both of those. Even if Jana plus Ashe only gets 75% of the cs as Alistar + Jax, Ashe is getting 95% of those CS, that puts her way ahead of her enemies. On the gank side, most carries have some sort of CC, no team can ever have too much CC.

I like playing the carry, as I have pointed out, but it is hard to get them on the right team. The add more to the table when the team already has an AP carry, 2 AD carries,  and a tank. When that team comp has been established I'll jump on Jana and have a blast zoning people and keeping my carries alive.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: August 16, 2011, 02:30:14 pm »

And so, the only thing that could counter Jarv's laning will now be severely mitigated. Tremble mortals.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: August 16, 2011, 02:34:17 pm »

Fikes: I think you'll have a different mindset if you're forced to play support 50 games in a row because of this 'metagame' nonsense. :P

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: August 16, 2011, 02:39:54 pm »

And so, the only thing that could counter Jarv's laning will now be severely mitigated. Tremble mortals.
WE WILL NEVER SURRENDER TO JARV!!!
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: August 16, 2011, 02:44:09 pm »

think he meant it was the way to slow him down or something by healing the fighter in the lane.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: August 16, 2011, 02:46:21 pm »

Even if Jana plus Ashe only gets 75% of the cs as Alistar + Jax, Ashe is getting 95% of those CS, that puts her way ahead of her enemies.
47,5% more CS than the other guys then. While one champ gets nothing.

And then the carry instantly dies. I dont know about "high elo" or whatever, but where I am, people arent skilled enough to make use of that. I would totally take a well CSed Ali and Jax over a really well CSed Ashe and a pennyless Janna.

It would be excellent if the team can protect the carry though, but no dice with my opponents and teams(that includes me).

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: August 16, 2011, 02:57:08 pm »

Did they change Talon's name from The Shadow's Blade to The Blade's Shadow?

Is this secretly a Penny Arcade joke?  I can't accept that this champion is real.
Shoes...

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: August 16, 2011, 03:14:56 pm »

Even if Jana plus Ashe only gets 75% of the cs as Alistar + Jax, Ashe is getting 95% of those CS, that puts her way ahead of her enemies.
47,5% more CS than the other guys then. While one champ gets nothing.

And then the carry instantly dies. I dont know about "high elo" or whatever, but where I am, people arent skilled enough to make use of that. I would totally take a well CSed Ali and Jax over a really well CSed Ashe and a pennyless Janna.

It would be excellent if the team can protect the carry though, but no dice with my opponents and teams(that includes me).

You're missing a couple of points though. Pennyless Jana is still insanely powerful. All Jana needs is mana and CDR, and not in very high quanities. I generally go mana regen item that gives money, boots that give CDR, and the vest with the aura CDR, can't remember names. Meanwhile, every 53 kills for Ashe is a BF sword, that is a lot of damage. When the team fights do happen they can focus ashe all they want. Ashe will do a shit ton of damage and if she gets in trouble Jana can knock up, knock back, and shield her.

If Ashe still instantly dies with a jana around either someone fed their tanky dps or Jana sucks or ashe sucks. Also remember if they throw everything at Ashe and kill her, they still have 4 other heroes to fight while all their abilites are on cool down.

There are lots of tricks to keeping your ranged ad alive as Jana (I haven't really played other support). If you have lots of mana you shield Ashe a few seconds before the fight starts, that way shield is off CD early. You wait until someone is punching Ashe in the face before you throw a tornado at them (remember you can press q again to send it right away, less damage, same knockup) and finally you only use your until when it will save your teamate without saving an enemy (ie knocking them from the fight) or reset a fight going bad.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: August 16, 2011, 03:22:54 pm »

^ What Fikes said.

Anyway, still happy they are nerfing heals. It really is a goddamn pain in the arse for all parties.

I wonder about new Soraka though. 6 second cd silences are pretty intimidating. Every 6 seconds she can essentially turn someone into a minion for 2.5 seconds. Basically a ranged version of Garen.

As for the new Starcall... hmmm... I dunno... it seems okay in theory but I bet it'll be quite different in practice. For one, I really hate the fact that she has to stop moving to cast it. If she could cast it while moving like Sona, her utility would be so much better.

As for Sona, seems like a straight up buff to me.

Edit: 21 more games to 1875 ELO.  8)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: August 16, 2011, 03:52:55 pm »

Taric stuns, Garen spin2wins and then my lane partner DCs for quite a long time, and I am left ineffectually trying to punch the tanky and healing bastards while they take out my tower.

Anyway, pennyless Janna is very powerful, yes. Not arguing with that. The 4 others champs to fight thing is a different matter. Are you seriously suggesting you shouldnt kill the carry? If she deals all the damage, then she gets all the kills, and then she gets all the money. By killing just the one person, you could be taking out about 45% of the teams power.
I have seen games where a carry could have easily killed everyone with her damage, but fucks up ONCE and gets killed. And then the team cant do shit. The other team just barons/pushes an inhib, and wins. A coordinated team could keep the carry alive, but you dont exactly get that in non 5 man teams.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 1067