Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1219615 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Iorek Byrnison, the Armored Bear - 1.0.0.130
« Reply #6195 on: December 08, 2011, 11:16:46 am »

Jarman 2 stronk in Dominion.

No one takes flash. xD

One of the matches I was vs Karthus in bot lane and he was running ghost + flash. At level 6, I ulted him. Somehow he failed his flash so he was still stuck inside my ult while I'm beating his head in. So he pops ghost and runs around in circles inside my ulti really really fast. I couldn't stop laughing!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6196 on: December 08, 2011, 06:56:36 pm »

How do you win in a newbie game?

Firstly, play someone tanky but powerful. You'll need it.
Secondly, either get a lot of kills, or proceed to be the best in saving your teammates as possible. The second only works if you are tied fairly well with the enemies.
Thirdly, become the master. Lead your troops into battle. Give them a nice plan for what to do, and by God, tell them exactly what they need to do. Got an Alistar that smashes away the enemy carry? Tell him to use that on someone else. Specify someone. Got a suicidal Graves that likes to be a hero? Tell him that you are now the hero, and that if you die, you are not important. He is the important one. You are there to save his life. Got a roaming Olaf that doesn't listen to you? Make everyone else go mid so that his roaming is actually incredibly useful as a distraction.
Fourthly, make everyone feel important. Do not tell them they suck, because even if they do suck,, they no longer like you. See a good play? Give them a pat on the back. See someone die? Tell them to stick with you, because you won't unless you have to.
Fifthly, go down with the ship and give them the lifeboats. I don't care how important you are, it is better to lose only yourself than it is to lose 4 of them. The enemy is one-minded. They will hunt you down if they can. So, let them. Even if you're full health, they will give up on the weaker prey to kill you. They know you're a threat. This gives your team a chance to live. If you lose all 4 of them, you lose. If they lose you, then you are able to talk to them. That is at least a little more useful.
Sixthly, if you don't have anyone else to go in first, do it yourself. This is the problem with newbies. They are afraid to go in first and die. Show 'em how it's done.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6197 on: December 09, 2011, 03:53:53 am »

Adventures of Demacia Team Three: Bush-ren, Jay, and Kick-Ass-Xin.

http://lol.uuu9.com/201112/388870.shtml

Edit: Also...
rjcombo
Senior Game Designer
   As an FYI, drop-in spectator has been enabled on the Public Beta Environment. This feature allows you to watch games in progress being played by those on your friends list.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6198 on: December 09, 2011, 09:33:25 am »

I've been playing movespeed udyr in  coop vs ai matches lately... it's hilarious. Once you activate bear stance and ghost, you zip around the map really fast, but you're still very good at killing. The last time i was using sword of the occult, 2x phantom dancer and boots of mobility (i would have bought trinity next but the match ended). There was a Riven trying to go faster than me with shurelia+ghostblade+2x zeal+SotO+mobility boots+ghost, but i won ! (the fact that shurelia is aoe might have helped :p).
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 09:35:08 am by Sirian »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6199 on: December 09, 2011, 12:34:03 pm »

6 wins in a row in Dominion. 5 with Jarman. 1 with Lee Singa (because someone else took Jarman).

Hue hue hue hue. Jarman 2 stronk!

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6200 on: December 09, 2011, 03:42:14 pm »

Screw you fizz ._.  Every time I mid against a fizz, I lose.  The minute he gets level 3, he simply uses all three skills to utterly destroy me, plus some bloodrazor W to finish me off.  Sorry this thread is probably not meant for ranting, but seriously this game makes me hate it SO much sometimes.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6201 on: December 09, 2011, 04:41:54 pm »

Screw you fizz ._.  Every time I mid against a fizz, I lose.  The minute he gets level 3, he simply uses all three skills to utterly destroy me, plus some bloodrazor W to finish me off.  Sorry this thread is probably not meant for ranting, but seriously this game makes me hate it SO much sometimes.

Who are you playing and why can't you harass him?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #6202 on: December 09, 2011, 05:44:08 pm »

rjcombo
Senior Game Designer
   As an FYI, drop-in spectator has been enabled on the Public Beta Environment. This feature allows you to watch games in progress being played by those on your friends list.
... who the hell uses some time of their life to make something that messed up? :P
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6203 on: December 09, 2011, 06:14:29 pm »

rjcombo
Senior Game Designer
... who the hell uses some time of their life to make something that messed up? :P
The internet.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #6204 on: December 09, 2011, 09:05:50 pm »

Three win streak as volibear. I think I've finally got him down.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6205 on: December 09, 2011, 09:40:36 pm »

Blitzcrank on dominion.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6206 on: December 09, 2011, 09:44:15 pm »

Who are you playing and why can't you harass him?
Anivia.  Usually, my basic attack is a great harassing tool, and pretty much every spell is great for slowing or scaring people off.  Even her wall forces people to take an extra second or two to go around.  I love Anivia for being the crazy harassing, lane controlling monster that she is.  Fizz, on the other hand has a lot of advantages.  For one, his passive decreases the damage he takes from basic attacks, so my only free harassing tool is reduced to minion damage.  And he can close a big distance fast with his pole vault thing, while being immune to slow and, as far as I can tell, my damage too.  By then, he's slapped me with the pole vault, his dash, and a few basic attacks, and my health is pretty much gone.  Even if I landed my stun, a frostbite, ult, and ignite, he's already done most of my health by entering melee range alone.  From there, his damage over time or ult finishes me very, very easily.  And he has pretty nice base health for a mage too, while I don't.

And all this is before and a little after level 6.  In late game, he can kill me in one rotation, regardless of how much HP or resistances I get.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6207 on: December 10, 2011, 02:43:00 am »

Whoa did you guys check the last patch preview ? there'll be a bunch of new runes like lifesteal/spellvamp, +%HP, and other cool stuff.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 02:45:00 am by Sirian »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6208 on: December 10, 2011, 03:32:15 am »

Spell vamp runes... Cass likes.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #6209 on: December 10, 2011, 04:26:05 am »

Anivia.  Usually, my basic attack is a great harassing tool, and pretty much every spell is great for slowing or scaring people off.  Even her wall forces people to take an extra second or two to go around.  I love Anivia for being the crazy harassing, lane controlling monster that she is.  Fizz, on the other hand has a lot of advantages.  For one, his passive decreases the damage he takes from basic attacks, so my only free harassing tool is reduced to minion damage.  And he can close a big distance fast with his pole vault thing, while being immune to slow and, as far as I can tell, my damage too.  By then, he's slapped me with the pole vault, his dash, and a few basic attacks, and my health is pretty much gone.  Even if I landed my stun, a frostbite, ult, and ignite, he's already done most of my health by entering melee range alone.  From there, his damage over time or ult finishes me very, very easily.  And he has pretty nice base health for a mage too, while I don't.

And all this is before and a little after level 6.  In late game, he can kill me in one rotation, regardless of how much HP or resistances I get.

1) You're seriously overestimating his passive. For the first few levels, it blocks 4 damage. Anivia's basic attack deals 48. That's blocking less than 10%.

2) You've got to play it safe until he blows his cooldowns, basically. Trollvault has a really high cooldown early game, so hold back until he pops it and then throw your combo on him. If you start then you're asking for him to counter you, since trollvault is excellent at countering projectiles.

3) He's an assassin. Something would be wrong if he wasn't bursting down squishy mages lategame.
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 1067