Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 803569 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: To Queue or Not To Queue
« Reply #975 on: June 30, 2015, 08:21:21 pm »

Interestingly, we haven't seen a single small energy cell.

Been going over the footage a couple times. During the customization section, each weapon displays its ammo type and standard receiver. 10mm, 5.56, .38, .44, and 'cell' (With the appearance of a microfusion cell) were all confirmed. An additional ammunition type can be seen when he's going through the plasma weapony, simply named 'plasma'. Furthermore, since laser pistols are just laser rifles with grips instead of stocks, laser pistols can be confirmed to draw from MFCs instead of SECs.

It's possible that cryo weapons now use SECs, but that's pure postulation.

Also, the split second it shows the plasma sniper rifle with a pistol grip instead of a full stock is ridiculous and I want it. Also, laser weapons have mods for beta wave tuner (mesmetron?) and photon exciter (among other things), whilst plasma weapons have slots for the same beta wave tuner and a photon agitator. 
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: June 30, 2015, 08:31:11 pm »

I don't mind laser ammo being standardized. I always thought it was annoying that pistols used AA batteries and rifles used AAA batteries anyway.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: June 30, 2015, 08:41:07 pm »

I don't mind laser ammo being standardized. I always thought it was annoying that pistols used AA batteries and rifles used AAA batteries anyway.

AAA batteries are smaller than AA.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: June 30, 2015, 08:49:32 pm »

i'm pretty sure that's what they meant yeah

also it looks more like energy cells are D and mf cells C

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: June 30, 2015, 09:14:08 pm »

Energy cells in 3/NV looks like a pack of 3 AA batteries, it probably represents more than 1 ammo unit.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Energy_cell_%28Fallout:_New_Vegas%29

Microfusion looks like a single C size or something.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: June 30, 2015, 09:45:30 pm »

I don't mind the change myself. It makes using laser weapons much easier, IMO. Not having to juggle six different ammo types and all :P

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: June 30, 2015, 09:51:21 pm »

If you're hoping for a game in the spirit of Fallout 1 & 2... just play Wasteland 2 already.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: June 30, 2015, 11:26:47 pm »

I don't mind the change myself. It makes using laser weapons much easier, IMO. Not having to juggle six different ammo types and all :P
2HARDCORE4U
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: June 30, 2015, 11:41:04 pm »

People will make a mod to fix it :P

THOUGH THAT DOES MAKE ME WONDER... If it's gonna have built in mod support and having a cross system modding system(i understood that right? may be going off old information) will the GECK still be around for PC people and how complex will the tools be?

I've not kept up to date, so feel free to yell at me :P

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: June 30, 2015, 11:48:43 pm »

...the GECK is built-in modding support and Fallout 4 runs on Creation Engine, so obviously that's going to be about the same.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: July 01, 2015, 02:33:51 am »

The only thing about the weapons presentation that bothered me is that apparently Bethesda does not know the difference between "Assault Rifle" and "WW1 Machine Gun".

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: July 01, 2015, 02:49:43 am »

ah, comeon. The Lewis gun was used up into the 50s.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: July 01, 2015, 02:52:00 am »

If you're hoping for a game in the spirit of Fallout 1 & 2... just play Wasteland 2 already.
Telling people to play Wasteland 2 is borderline criminal. If you're hoping for a game in the spirit of Wasteland, go play Fallout 1 & 2, because Wasteland 2 is a shallow, uninteresting pile of rubbish. It's not Interplay back from the grave, just a shitty zombie wearing its skin. Hell, if you want a game in the spirit of FO or FO2, play New Vegas, because that was closer than the pile of mediocrity Fargo & co. are charging $40 for.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: July 01, 2015, 04:00:20 am »

Telling people to play Wasteland 2 is borderline criminal. If you're hoping for a game in the spirit of Wasteland, go play Fallout 1 & 2, because Wasteland 2 is a shallow, uninteresting pile of rubbish. It's not Interplay back from the grave, just a shitty zombie wearing its skin. Hell, if you want a game in the spirit of FO or FO2, play New Vegas, because that was closer than the pile of mediocrity Fargo & co. are charging $40 for.

Is it really that bad? Because it has been on my wishlist for a while now.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: July 01, 2015, 04:27:11 am »

Is it really that bad? Because it has been on my wishlist for a while now.
I wouldn't say it's a 'borderline crimimal' recommendation. The game has had a lot of content-filled patches since its first release.

Pros:
- There's a genuinely broad range of ways of resolving any area, both mechanically and story-wise
- There's oodles of unique NPC followers who each have hundreds of lines of contextually appropriate things to say as you're wandering around. For me, this was one of the more impressive things.
- Tactical combat is turn based and allows for quite different techniques.
- There are a lot of settled areas in the game each with a unique feel.
- The final ending was impacted by all the choices you made in the first half of the game.

Cons:
- The character models are ugly (they've made some changes since I last played so maybe it's improved?)
- The second-half of the game felt comparatively under-implemented
- You have so many party members it's relatively easy to cover ever skill area in the game (lessening the impact of long-term tactical skill choices etc). Might be the new perk system mixes this up.
- The story/lore/setting isn't as richly-woven and the theme/tone not as consistent as Fallout. Though it's about as wacky/ridiculous in its factions as, say, New Vegas.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 462