Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 803590 times)

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Fallout 4: The Flesh of Your Fellow Man Can Provide...
« Reply #1950 on: September 24, 2015, 11:08:57 am »

Isn't he like... the only dog in the game? Wait... no, I think there was one other in FO3.
There are a whole load of them in FO3, six in Little Lamplight alone, one in the Temple of the Union, many of the Scavengers that spawn in fixed locations also have them, as do several Raider and Black Talon encampments.

Just one breed if I remember correctly.
True, although that is likely more of a limited art assets issue than being only one particular breed surviving.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: September 24, 2015, 12:05:05 pm »

it propably has something to do with people stopping to breed them actively so the all the different dog races intermingle again and return towards their wolf origins...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: September 24, 2015, 12:18:55 pm »

it propably has something to do with people stopping to breed them actively so the all the different dog races intermingle again and return towards their wolf origins...
Yeah, in case of an apocalypse (especially 200 years after the fact), dogs would probably intermingle enough that you'd end up with a single generic "breed".
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: September 24, 2015, 12:42:07 pm »

Yeah, in case of an apocalypse (especially 200 years after the fact), dogs would probably intermingle enough that you'd end up with a single generic "breed".

Doesn't explain why the cyberdogs in the Big Empty are also of that breed, especially with one of the dogs (Boros', I think?) possibly being alive since before the war.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: September 24, 2015, 01:05:41 pm »

I file that under "developer lazines".
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: September 24, 2015, 01:35:47 pm »

I don't file that under "developer laziness" so much as "cost/benefit ratio being too awful to consider"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: September 24, 2015, 02:47:12 pm »

There are two dog models in FO3, and three in NV (not including cyberdogs).

But quite frankly

I don't file that under "developer laziness" so much as "cost/benefit ratio being too awful to consider"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: September 24, 2015, 02:53:36 pm »

When thinking about game lore one should always keep in mind that aspect. Developers didn't necessarily have time/burget/interest to produce all assets to represent game universe faithfully. Lack of variant models and textures doesn't necessarily mean lack of actual variance in the lore.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: September 24, 2015, 03:38:27 pm »

Spoiler: english advice (click to show/hide)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: September 24, 2015, 09:59:07 pm »

So, uh. Unrelated note: Operation Anchorage is fun.
Kind of annoying that you can't pick up weapons from enemies, but that adds to the challenge.
Small side note: you are hilariously inaccurate with the missile launcher if you don't meet the strength requirement. The thing sways more than a regular gun with every limb crippled.
Black lives matter.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: September 24, 2015, 10:06:26 pm »

Back when I played it, it was possible to steal weapons from that module and take them back to the real world. I take it they've fixed that? (Although I don't remember how it was done anymore)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: September 24, 2015, 10:09:34 pm »

Back when I played it, it was possible to steal weapons from that module and take them back to the real world. I take it they've fixed that? (Although I don't remember how it was done anymore)
I know there is a mod where you can bring what you loot back from that if i remember right?
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: September 24, 2015, 10:10:52 pm »

I'm talking about not being able to loot bodies. I think the glitch persists, unless they specifically fixed it in the GOTY version on steam.
Black lives matter.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: September 24, 2015, 11:03:35 pm »

Basically, there was a prisoner in the underground area where the VR pod was. You killed him, dragged his corpse into the front of the pod (so that it would be directly in front of the cursor while you were locked into the sitting animation), played through the DLC, and then hammered the loot/interact key when you woke up. If you did it right, you'd be able to access the corpse's inventory before your VR inventory was removed, allowing you to transfer all those delicious infinite-durability bits of gear over.

I'unno if they actually patched it. Personally, I liked it, mostly because the stuff you could get that way wasn't actually top-end for the most part, so there was that tradeoff between raw stats and durability.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: September 24, 2015, 11:07:14 pm »

Nah, it was a dead Gary. Already dead for you.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 462