Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 803578 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: I Can't Think Of A Relevant Subtitle
« Reply #2430 on: November 02, 2015, 05:35:36 pm »

And if it's high enough power, you'll probably hear the thing being shot at exploding. :P

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: November 02, 2015, 07:33:58 pm »

Insert semi relevent w40k lasgun reference here.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: November 03, 2015, 12:37:32 am »

I spy, with my tired eye, XYAB controls shown on the PC version.
We'll just hope that's adaptive UI set up for gamepad compatibility and not lazy porting.  Bethesda isn't From, and From had the excuse of inexperience. 

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: November 03, 2015, 12:41:08 am »

Texture look way better on those, here's hoping

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: November 03, 2015, 12:49:04 am »

PC ultra graphics screenshots: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=183959906&postcount=5569

Something looks the tiniest bit off, and it's bugging me that I can't figure out what it is.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: November 03, 2015, 12:54:06 am »

The absence of an obnoxious color filter, maybe?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: November 03, 2015, 01:03:00 am »

PC ultra graphics screenshots: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=183959906&postcount=5569

Something looks the tiniest bit off, and it's bugging me that I can't figure out what it is.
It's probably the more artsy art direction they took.

I'm not a fan of it myself but I think everyone here knows I'm not really looking forward to the game anyway because of other reasons.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: November 03, 2015, 01:09:15 am »

I'm sure that there will be just as many mods to grittify it as there were to clean up NV and FO3.

3. Run Resize Enable

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: November 03, 2015, 01:19:58 am »

I keep on thinking that I'm litterally the only one who thinks the graphics actually don't look bad, as in, they look pretty good actually. Though, I was never one to dwell on the graphical portion of games, because gameplay is WAY more important imho. Hopefully the dialogue wheel is not bad either, at least it'll keep you in the action, since you can walk around and shoot whilst talking, which I think is an improvement of sorts.

Small edit: It also seems apparent from going around the internet that I'm also the only one judging the game on it's own merits rather than judging solely on the fact that it is a sequel. I get the sentiment, but every game should be judged based on it's own mechanics rather than comparing it to a completely different game, like, The Witcher 3 for example.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 01:26:44 am by XhAPPYSLApX »

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: November 03, 2015, 01:37:13 am »

Only seven more days left before you can no longer cancel your preorder.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: November 03, 2015, 01:44:40 am »

Jeez, that does look really off :/  The landscapes look okay, but the dog and PC and text look like some Unity game.
I guess I'll get used to it though, there hasn't been an Elder Scrolls or 3D Fallout where the graphics matched the mechanics or the quests.

Small edit: It also seems apparent from going around the internet that I'm also the only one judging the game on it's own merits rather than judging solely on the fact that it is a sequel. I get the sentiment, but every game should be judged based on it's own mechanics rather than comparing it to a completely different game, like, The Witcher 3 for example.
Well, it's a Fallout game and should be judged as such.  It's riding on the Fallout label, which means we should expect a Fallout-tier experience.

I'm still optimistic.  Also locked in, so fingers crossed.  We've seen a lot of solid information that indicates that it's straying from the roots even farther, but it still looks interesting.  Just different.

Fakedit:  Hm, not locked in.  Well...  Still going to roll the dice, I guess.  Since I got a discount, and I haven't been truly disappointed by a Bethesda game yet.  They have flaws, but I still enjoyed all the big ones.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: November 03, 2015, 01:46:03 am »

Only seven more days left before you can no longer cancel your preorder.

Cancel....my.....preorder?

NEVER.

My hype has been kept in check recently by the fact I expect many release day bugs and also getting The Witcher 3 to keep me busy till then. But re-watching the E3 presentation and the trailers makes me think that even if it turns out to be Fallout 3.Newvegas, I'll love it all the same. Anything they left out (and they didn't miss much) can be corrected by mods. Surprisingly, the thing that has me most excited now is the layered armor system that's reminiscent of Morrowind. I can wear my fancy suit and put shiny metal armor over it.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: November 03, 2015, 01:55:54 am »

dunno why people think fallout 4 looks bad. like are people blind or something?

it looks WAY better than witcher 3, which its graphics got so badly nerfed from what they showed it.

And fallout 4 compared to fallout 3 is, you can't even prepare it...even modded fallout 3 looks like trash compared to fallout 4 (granted fallout 3 is a lot older). and fallout 4 looks better and more crisp than even skyrim did, I thought skyrim without graphics mods looked really ugly lol...though modded skyrim looks epic as heck

unless they are pulling a witcher on us, and when its released they'll come up with a BS excuse that it was just cinematics and the graphics are worse...lol...which mods would fix anyway
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: November 03, 2015, 02:01:01 am »

That's the thing, if your big complaint is the graphics... sure, don't buy it. The rest of us will have a suite of high-end graphics mods a few weeks/months down the line.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 462