Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Author Topic: Mafia Heist: End of the line. Town Win  (Read 7432 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Heist: A short and simple mafia game. (7/7)
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2024, 10:43:33 am »

The people have been gathered, all those in the room suspect. The door was locked, windows unbroken. None should have escaped.

There are some who could have been expected to do it, others who have a possible motive. And the rest, who could give cover or had opportunity.

The question is, whodunit? There are those in the crowd who also believe they can solve this case before they reach shore.

Talks begin at the turning of the hour. The game starts now.

TL;DR, a very short mafia game while NQTwebadict makes their game. Days are 24 hours, starting Monday, and Hammers in effect. This is also Nightless.
Note: Action Resolution is Simultaneous. All actions occur after the Lynch. Day ends in 24 Hours and 14 minutes.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2024, 11:05:39 am »

Oliverz144: Do you have a specific reason as to why you don't post often?
Sofanthiel: Do you think this will turn out just like Max Jack Knightwing?
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2024, 11:31:33 am »

I will inspect as mafia.

Max, which of your moods do we get to enjoy this game, and what do you think of a nightless game, does it give advantages or disadvantages to either side?

NJW, how would you pick who to vig today, if you had a vig option?

Qua, how would you pick who to protect today, if you had a protect option?

CM, do you think this will turn out like Max Jack Knightwing?  (Feel free to answer after Sof answers you, if you choose)

Oliv, you think someone is scummy, and you can vig them, but it will take you two days of being alive to do it; set up target today, they die end of tomorrow if you're still alive then.  Nobody else has talked about what you think are the person's scum tells yet, but you're town and most people think that other person seems townie.  How would you handle this?  Keep your suspicions to yourself and work on the vig?  Discuss your ideas even though nobody else seems to see what you see?  Do something else?

sof, do you think a really weird playstyle from players will help or harm town in a game like this?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2024, 11:32:50 am »

Sofanthiel: Do you think this will turn out just like Max Jack Knightwing?
I sure hope not, ha ha!  The fact that I've made (am making?) this very post already technically disqualifies that outcome from the list of possibilities, though the games are too fundamentally different for the above question to be answered in the first place.
Once the game starts I attempt laconicity.  Not lookin' forward to it.
Imp, how lacotic do you plan to be?
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2024, 11:39:22 am »

CrystalizedMire, why did you have to think of Max Jack Knightwing?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Heist: A short and simple mafia game. (0/7)
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2024, 11:41:31 am »

Tric, with your knowledge of the setup, do you expect this game to conclude before or after the weekend?
The Game will conclude on Friday. If the Mafia aren't found by Saturday because you decided to skip votes, Town loses. At a maximum, you can have a bit of Saturday if days are short enough and time aligns. But better not to end up with that.
I've been reminded by my Mafia game checker to note this. Mafia wins if this occurs.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2024, 11:42:44 am »

CM, do you think this will turn out like Max Jack Knightwing?  (Feel free to answer after Sof answers you, if you choose)
No, now that sofanthiel has posted. Besides, I don't think there are obvious scum candidates now.
I was trying to think of rvs questions and I immediately thought of Max Jack Knightwing.
she/her

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2024, 11:47:02 am »

sof, do you think a really weird playstyle from players will help or harm town in a game like this?
I don't see how foregoing nights makes a practical difference since actions can simply be submitted on the deadline.  That'd boil this down to a vanilla-ish mafia vs. town, and I'm just not sure gambits or weird tactics give us a noticeable advantage.  It definitely depends on execution and the role of the person indulging.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2024, 12:54:06 pm »

Quarque: what do you think of Imp's claim that they'll inspect as mafia?

NJW, how would you pick who to vig today, if you had a vig option?
Whoever I thought was scum, as long as they didn't look like the elimination target for the day. I'm generally willing to bet heavily on my own reads.

I'd probably publically announce and use it D1 if I had a vig ability in this setup... letting town kill twice is very powerful, as the last game we were in showed. It would be useful to see people's opinions on who I should kill, though I'd be unlikely to let people influence my choice unless they actually changed my reads.

Sofanthiel: Two posts and no content. How do you plan to find scum this game?
One wheel short of a wagon

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2024, 01:04:31 pm »

I think it is a pretty good sign. Making a miller claim as mafia is a bold strategy that I can barely imagine Imp doing.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2024, 01:10:51 pm »

Sofanthiel: Two posts and no content. How do you plan to find scum this game?
Honestly, I don't think sof is being scummy. We're still early in the game so I do expect no content posts. Also, I think it is more of the fault of the question asker since all the posts sofanthiel made involved answering rvs questions.
I think it is a pretty good sign. Making a miller claim as mafia is a bold strategy that I can barely imagine Imp doing.
I think that if we have any reason to suspect Imp, we should find their scum partner first since if we choose to track Imp, their scum partner will perform the kill instead. Of course, this is assuming mafia isn't just one person.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2024, 01:24:24 pm »

Imp, how lacotic do you plan to be?
sof:  Serious attempt, but game and my wincon comes first.

Qua:  You've made 2 posts; I'm maybe cool with you skipping my question, but tell us a question I might have asked you that you would answer, and answer that one.

I'm surprised you vote for a not-clearly on this-game-reason, and I'm cool with your answer about my claim, but where's your own scumhunting?  You seem off-game focused and reactive, not really checking anyone out.

Why?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2024, 01:51:11 pm »

Qua:  You've made 2 posts; I'm maybe cool with you skipping my question, but tell us a question I might have asked you that you would answer, and answer that one.

I'm surprised you vote for a not-clearly on this-game-reason, and I'm cool with your answer about my claim, but where's your own scumhunting?  You seem off-game focused and reactive, not really checking anyone out.

Why?
That right there is a more interesting question. You know what mafia CM would think first of all? "I'm going to be caught in two seconds." You know what happened in Max Jack Knightwing?
Someone else might think twice before mentioning historical disasters for the mafia, but blurting stuff out is what scum!CM does.

And then Sofanthiel comments that they really hope this will not be a repeat of that game. What?

I think that if we have any reason to suspect Imp, we should find their scum partner first since if we choose to track Imp, their scum partner will perform the kill instead. Of course, this is assuming mafia isn't just one person.
I'm not changing my vote.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2024, 02:01:04 pm »

Why?
That right there is a more interesting question. You know what mafia CM would think first of all? "I'm going to be caught in two seconds." You know what happened in Max Jack Knightwing?
Someone else might think twice before mentioning historical disasters for the mafia, but blurting stuff out is what scum!CM does.

And then Sofanthiel comments that they really hope this will not be a repeat of that game. What?
I Would've been completely fine with accepting that as a random vote but your justification seems weak. The reason that game popped into my mind is because the setting and scenario is kinda similar.
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2024, 02:07:25 pm »

Ebwop: I don't think your justification is made up on the spot based on your opening post but I straight up don't feel like I'm going to get caught 2 seconds in. In fact, I feel too confident when I'm scum.
she/her
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20