Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48

Author Topic: Core Thread - CYOGTCG High School RPG! Like a card game anime, but its CYOGTCG!  (Read 23914 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Card Name: Roman Emperor: Gaius Julius Caesar
*Card Pictures:
*Background Colors: Bronze
Custom Frames:
Attack (0-3): 2
Hearts (0-3):
Higher Card Stat: Hearts
Higher Token Stat: Hearts
Facedown (Y/N):
Stars (0-2): 1
Effect Text (One word max): add
Effect Trigger (Entrance): Entrance
Flavor Text: Last dictator, first emperor. He who raised the vast armies of Rome.
Keywords (Quickplay, Agile, Flying):
Card Synergy (Owned Card): Roman Soldier

(Trying something slightly cheeky here, I had two possible ideas to achieve the effect I'm aiming for here, this seemed like by far the most likely to actually work as planned)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 08:36:44 pm by Failbird105 »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

Card Name: Starcoin  Mine
*Card Pictures:
*Background Colors: Dark Yellow
Custom Frames:
Attack (0-3): 0
Hearts (0-3): 3
Higher Card Stat:
Higher Token Stat:
Facedown (Y/N): N
Stars (0-2): 0
Effect Text (One word max): End
Effect Trigger (Entrance):
Flavor Text:
Keywords (Quickplay, Agile, Flying):
Card Synergy (Owned Card) or Counter (Known Card):

"That is hilarious that your trying to make a 1-star token generator that you think will allow you to summon 1/4 tokens, I tried to make a 2-star version and my CYOGTCG God's it's completely under-statted and trash, almost so that I am thinking of ripping the card in half and throwing it in a nearby bin when I look at it. It's a 2-Star 3/5 that summons a 2/1 token... only when I play a card that intentionally shuffle my deck a thing more difficult for me to do even if I could do it more than once per turn it would be too resource-intensive to utilize, my god compared to the 1-Star 4/5 Dinosaur Card that reptile dude has, it seems like a 1-Star Card in comparison with how bad it is. Why can't I get simple cards?, why couldn't it of just been an "end of turn" thing like Tentacle Biome, because I am not a fan of how my cards have such weird effects placed on them."
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 02:58:21 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

"Ain't it yer thing. . ?" Rulao can't help but butt in, granting Bennie the eponymous side-eye, though most definitely a different look therein than the first day the buzz-cut wearing orphan came to study here. "Ya know, bein' cryptic an shit?"
I've lost control of my life.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

“I guess your innate personality does affect what type of cards that it gives you, but when I see cards and look at them and laugh at their relative power in comparison because it has to have more flowery language to compensate, I find it just doesn’t help at all.  So much so that this card disgusts me so much that I’m going to this…

Bennie rips his Cult Leader card in half and places it in a nearby bin, not shedding a single tear but rather in disgust in when he saw it.

“If I see little to no reason to play a card when I have a better card to play, I ain’t playing it. It’s a simple thought."

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"You are also actively using non-standard terminology. So, I imagine that oddities are likely to do with that. The standard terminology for the creation of a token in the field is Create." She thinks for a moment. "That being said, having thought over your advice, I realize there is a better way to act out my previous plan, so I will tweak my creation while I have the chance."

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

The thuggish kid is stunned by Bennie's actions, an expression half-way between mortified and furious bubbles forth across his face. For a few moments more he can do nothing but stare at that discarded creation of his. "Buzz-cut. . ." He begins, that raspy voice eeking through, growing louder even despite them still being in class. "Have some goddamn respect fer yer own SOUL!" his voice definitely carried across the room, and just as well he'd bounded out of his seat before Bennie's desk, balling up a wavering fist. "The hell's wrong with you?!"

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

“Again since I have to repeat myself, cards are resources we utilize to win games for our own survival and apparently new cards. My SOUL is also a resource, if my SOUL thinks its funny to jest me with bad cards, not even situational cards, just plain bad ones then I see little reason for them to be even be in my cache of cards I have in my disposal. In TRUTH, I feel a different form of anger than yours that is inside of me, whenever I start the creation of my card and then the card I get is completely different then I imagine. Sometimes you get cards that are even better then what you previously imagined, some cards that are situational but still be used in certain contexes, but then there are cards that make your head scratch, and I see little reason to expend the effort to make those cards good with synergy when I can utilize my stronger cards instead.

“Too much talk about cards, I’m done monologuing and explaining and I stand behind my decision."

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

Willow steps in and fishes the card out of the bin. "Hey, since you don't want it I'm gonna take it! I don't think a Cult Leader is too far of a stretch from Torture~ You don't mind do you? No? Good."

Willow didn't actually wait for a response, but it seems unlikely that Bennie would care, much less try to stop her.

Willow appears contemplative. "Hm.... It doesn't look like I can use it in this state though..."
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

“You really want this card?, I mean if you want to intentionally… to weaken your… Nevermind.”

Bennie will find a convenient nearby roll of tape and assist in the fixing of the card and giving it to Willow.

“If you really want to me to put my foot in my mouth, a metaphor, then go ahead make card synergy with it. Let see if a card like that has potential.”

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Diance sinks a bit deeper seeing another simply discard usage o something. Like trash.)

"Would you call this card useless too? It sounds like you have no faith in your hopes and dreams." While the wrappings around her arm are gone.. Can one really say simply discarding the useless is right? Everything has a use, no matter how small.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(For the record, my card has been tweaked for a while now, in case that's what was holding things up on receiving it)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

Sorry guys. It seems that whatever store of motivation that I was using to run this game seems to have run out.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unfortunate, but well, you yourself did give the warning.

Honestly, it makes me want to run such a game myself, but I don't know if I really trust myself to create, well, balanced cards. I'd very eagerly play any other game of this like that another player chooses to run, but I'd honestly be conflicted if I want to try once-more to pick up where I left off and recreate this deck, or try one of the three different theme ideas(well, two characters with a rough theme, one actual theme without a character to go with) I've had rolling around in my head for a while now.

For the record, I had plans for upwards of 3 decks, maybe more.
A Roman Deck, specializing in using Roman Soldiers en-masse, as well as cards to enhance them, or cards that work off of them.
An Arthurian deck, with Arturia as the centerpiece, which would focus on the Knights of the Round and various supporting cards for them.
And a French deck, which was less thought out, but had several supporting cards planned.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 07:58:11 pm by Failbird105 »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

I had a lot of fun playing this one, and as much as I had hoped we could continue it for some time and play out our character arcs, I definitely don't fault you at all. Like Failbird said, you did preface it by saying so. That goes with pretty much every game you've run, I've enjoyed it wverytime you've GMed and would be happy to play in any of your future games.

I'd run a continuation or another branch of this type of game if it weren't for the other one that I'm currently in the process of running as well. I mentioned earlier but there's a ton of potential in the concept.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, if Cosmic Throne is ever over, I'll be excited to see the potential return of the game.

That being said, while it would also dampen my enjoyment of controlling my planned characters myself somewhat, if someone else were willing to skip out on playing in order to help me make sure cards stay largely balanced(or if Supernerd were willing to give me enough solid pointers), I'd be willing to give it a shot myself.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 08:14:30 pm by Failbird105 »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48