Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 114

Author Topic: Spacegineers... Spengineers... Space-Genners... SPACE ENGINEERS!  (Read 226240 times)

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Spacegineers... Spengineers... Space-Genners... SPACE ENGINEERS!
« Reply #1140 on: January 09, 2016, 09:22:27 pm »

I was on the server for about 5 minutes then it dropped my connection. Server is still 'up' but unable to join it.
Likewise, it also says you've been on the server for 7 hours :P

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: January 09, 2016, 09:27:14 pm »

I was on the server for about 5 minutes then it dropped my connection. Server is still 'up' but unable to join it.
Likewise, it also says you've been on the server for 7 hours :P
Darn, looks like the auto restart program didn't realize when it hung rather than properly crashed. I'll get to it when I have, maybe tonight.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: January 10, 2016, 09:04:40 am »

Has anyone had a problem where the game won't download mods when they try to connect to a server? All I get is an error saying that it could not be done.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: January 11, 2016, 10:21:32 am »

New UESC contest. This time a defense station. Limit is 750 blocks - a very difficult limit, but I think I've managed it.

EDIT: Wow, badly misread the rules. They wanted two designs, one focusing on designing a hangar for fighters, and one on weapon systems. I thought they wanted one that encompasses both.

Spent a total of at least 6 hours putting it together. Then I'm told they want two separate designs.

And the kicker is I managed to fit both concepts in the design within the block limits.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 03:34:46 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: January 11, 2016, 05:17:02 pm »

New UESC contest. This time a defense station. Limit is 750 blocks - a very difficult limit, but I think I've managed it.

EDIT: Wow, badly misread the rules. They wanted two designs, one focusing on designing a hangar for fighters, and one on weapon systems. I thought they wanted one that encompasses both.

Spent a total of at least 6 hours putting it together. Then I'm told they want two separate designs.

And the kicker is I managed to fit both concepts in the design within the block limits.

Submit it, let them tell you no

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: January 13, 2016, 06:45:35 am »

Once again misread the rules, and my new fighter station design worked a lot like the first one. Some significant reworking, and I actually got it done with 750 blocks exactly. Actually, I could remove a few control seats, so it'd be slightly less. The hardest part was the assembly array for new fighters. It actually works, and can completely assemble an entirely new fightercraft. Unfortunately, the piston head for the main welders broke off when I retracted it after assembly - meaning the fighter has to be flown out of the array before the pistons can be retracted.

EDIT: There, finished it. Somehow had significantly less than the block limit, so I got some other stuff in, like LCD screens with instructions on how to not break everything.

Spoiler: Screenie (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 09:10:17 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: January 14, 2016, 02:37:46 pm »

Update today! My server started automatically when the game updated, which was cool, but it also didn't close the instance of the server running the old version. Anyway there's not actually much going on in the update, but we do have new roadmap.

One of our top priorities is to improve multiplayer. It is not only about network coding, but is also related to game logic optimizations. We are working on a method where we put all non-real-time game-logic in a secondary thread.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1147 on: January 14, 2016, 02:41:20 pm »

Yeah, the road map is pretty good. Mostly what was expected, no bad surprises. The new weekly video format is much better.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: January 14, 2016, 04:15:45 pm »

I have to admit I'm a little disappointed by how sparse it is. There's a lot of "fix this obviously broken crap" and not very much "add new stuff".

Don't misunderstand me, the game really really needs the broken stuff fixed, even more than it needs new blocks/features..... but on the other hand it's a little disappointing that they don't even seem to have any sort of new features planned at all - as far as I can tell the only new thing they even have listed is new guns for the engineer (not even new ship guns).

I was kind of hoping the roadmap would be more "this is where we plan on taking the game" instead of "this is a list of broken stuff we're going to fix eventually".
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: January 14, 2016, 06:16:15 pm »

Is anyone else having problems with connectors? Mine aren't sticking anymore. I bump into a pair of docked connectors and it flies apart. Do both ends of the connector need to have a constant power source now?

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: January 14, 2016, 06:41:03 pm »

Is anyone else having problems with connectors? Mine aren't sticking anymore. I bump into a pair of docked connectors and it flies apart. Do both ends of the connector need to have a constant power source now?
What strength do you have on them?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: January 14, 2016, 07:31:52 pm »

I tried both the default 0.03% and 100%, and yes I made sure that both connectors had 100%. One is a small grid connector, the other is large - it's how I've been setting up fighter and torpedo construction arrays. The odd part about is, when I kick the small connector(which is by itself, only a projector was on it) loose, it's still lit up green, which indicates that it thinks it's attached and has power. It's black if it has no power, white if it has no power but isn't in range to another connector, and yellow if it has power and is aligned with another connector. The large connector was white.

PRE-EDIT: Well, that was odd, it stopped doing it when I loaded the game again.

EDIT: Goddamn, the design of this game isn't making this easy. Four a quad-shot torpedo launcher, I had to make four separate blueprints, which means I have to edit four separate blueprints at a time if I need to change something for the torpedo design. This is because the launch mechanism activates a saved group of thrusters(with max override) via a Timer Block, but since all of them share a group name(geniusly called "Thruster Group"), triggering the Timer Block on one torpedo will fire the thrusters(but not other things like separate the torpedo from the launch bay) on ALL of them. This prevents firing one at a time. So, I made four blueprints, each with its own thruster group name("Thruster Group 1", etc)... and it wasn't until after that I realized that I A) should have renamed the thrusters by blueprint to identify them later(see below, though B makes it moot), and B) could have also had the launch timer block fire each individual thruster which is well within the means of a timer block. And since I am not sure if B removed the need for separate blueprints, I have to make make the same edit to four different blueprints instead of one.

I've also discovered an entirely new issue. If all members of a group are removed from the parent craft to which the group is saved(say, via high velocity undocking), even if that group was added to the parent by methods such as projector welding rather than control panel hijinkery, then that group will disappear from the parent craft, EVEN if more members with the group name are added back to the parent craft through similar methods such as projector welding. This makes the use of timer blocks for group actions pointless for repeat firing without manually re-creating the group via control panel hinjinkery, which would require both extra work for the operator, and making the same edit to four different blueprints to easily identify each torpedo's thrusters.

And if all that wasn't enough, when test firing, one of the projectors broke loose - this time an actual undock, both lights were yellow - probably from the recoil of a nominally recoilless system. Good news is, one of the torpedoes accidentally clipped one of the fighters by the hangar station; the explosion vaporized half the craft, including mostly heavy armor.

EDIT2: Aaannd now the connectors are coming loose again. They're staying green on both sides.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:58:51 am by Akura »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1152 on: January 19, 2016, 11:36:21 pm »

Sorry Guys, I borrowed some stuff and went out to settle the moon.

It went OK until I was a few km away and I suddenly took 98% damage while sitting in a cockpit. I got out to build a medbay and I instantly died due to not having a helmet.

So there's a ship full of crap floating in the middle of nowhere north of the moon.

There's plenty of power and it is resting so it probably won't get cleaned up as junk, but I'm not going to get around to flying out there again anytime soon.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: January 20, 2016, 12:54:42 am »

It went OK until I was a few km away and I suddenly took 98% damage while sitting in a cockpit. I got out to build a medbay and I instantly died due to not having a helmet.

So there's a ship full of crap floating in the middle of nowhere north of the moon.

There's plenty of power and it is resting so it probably won't get cleaned up as junk, but I'm not going to get around to flying out there again anytime soon.
My ship should have enough gold on my ship so you could build a warpdrive and warp there :P and a few thousand uraniums huehue

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: January 20, 2016, 02:28:59 am »

For the record, I only have junk cleanup set to target linearly moving, non-powered objects.

Anyway, I just logged on, found your ship, and cut-and-pasted it to the Space Bus Stop. It is now safely docked there.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 114