Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 114

Author Topic: Spacegineers... Spengineers... Space-Genners... SPACE ENGINEERS!  (Read 226238 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Spacegineers... Spengineers... Space-Genners... SPACE ENGINEERS!
« Reply #1215 on: February 07, 2016, 10:02:05 am »

Yah, i dont understand people like that. Wasn't the easter egg something extremely tiny too? It was a ship shaped like a shark. is this funny, and kinda cool to find? yes. But considering that other people have made giant warships in the shape of dongs it isn't that odd.
It's literally a tiny 'ship' shaped like a shark inside the starter asteroid which you can only find if you do a specific starting scenario

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: February 07, 2016, 10:21:51 am »

Its my point. Its not that out-of-the-ordinary. I mean, lots of people build craft based on creatures. Heck, we could even see the shark as canon.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1217 on: February 07, 2016, 11:04:20 am »

I was agreeing with you, its a bit of a silly thing to get upset over. :)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: February 07, 2016, 02:07:28 pm »

There was also a monolith of sorts on a Mars-like planet in one of the starts as well.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: February 07, 2016, 03:09:56 pm »

How do I do a direct connect to the Boatmurdered server? I can't seem to find it on the servers list. Is it down?

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: February 07, 2016, 03:17:46 pm »

How do I do a direct connect to the Boatmurdered server? I can't seem to find it on the servers list. Is it down?
It always goes through this ridiculous long search time to find it on my client. I suggest opening your steam window (tab out of space engineers that is) press View in the upper left, Servers, and then search for Boatmurdered.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: February 07, 2016, 04:28:37 pm »

Once you've found it, add it to your favorites. That way you won't have to do the search every time. You can also join through steam friends list if someone else is on.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: February 11, 2016, 01:38:52 pm »

This week's update claims to resolve the issue with landing gear spazzing out while attached to a planet surface, which excites me more than most new features could. Also, what's the report on mining, did the bug fix from earlier succeed in preventing people from clipping into the terrain all the time? There's also a mysterious teaser for a new feature which, I'm guessing, is the ability to equip separate pieces of armor instead of having a singular suit model.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: February 12, 2016, 06:07:58 pm »

Also, what's the report on mining, did the bug fix from earlier succeed in preventing people from clipping into the terrain all the time?

I've never had a problem clipping into terrain, but I have had problems when rocks/ore get dropped from a terrain surface they glitch out and keep rubberbanding. bad if it hits you.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: February 12, 2016, 08:39:18 pm »

Also, what's the report on mining, did the bug fix from earlier succeed in preventing people from clipping into the terrain all the time?

I've never had a problem clipping into terrain, but I have had problems when rocks/ore get dropped from a terrain surface they glitch out and keep rubberbanding. bad if it hits you.
Never had an asteroid eat you on a server? I've gotten eaten a tooooon of times. Happens only while hand-drilling tho, und in space.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: February 13, 2016, 12:49:52 pm »

I think, for me, SE had a local maximum in awesomeness right around 1.104.  It's been a bit sideways since then; I think planets (and graphics updates) is a massive distraction.

I really want a good spaceship construction game, and SE was looking like that, but lately I just don't know any more.  There are so many limitations to ship design, and the UI is starting to go backwards.  And by limitations I mean, everything is basically the same except for aesthetics; there generally aren't really any meaningful engineering tradeoffs to make.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: February 13, 2016, 03:17:08 pm »

Never had an asteroid eat you on a server? I've gotten eaten a tooooon of times. Happens only while hand-drilling tho, und in space.

I have not into space that much recently.. although I have died randomly hand drilling on planets.

side note: server seems to be down

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: February 13, 2016, 06:16:23 pm »

Server is back up.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: February 13, 2016, 06:46:22 pm »

If two conveyor blocks on two different grids are locked adjacent together on the same grid via a merge block, do they convey?

Spoiler: I ask, because (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: February 13, 2016, 06:48:31 pm »

They should.. but dont color me experienced with merge blocks
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 114