Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven sex change  (Read 2747 times)

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
Dwarven sex change
« on: June 03, 2017, 02:49:14 pm »

So is there any way to change someones gender in gm-editor i need to do it because of my cruel and sadistic urges and need for !!SCIENCE!!
my need for teddy bear happiness!
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven sex change
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 04:27:58 pm »

it's uh

right there on the list in front of you when you open it up on someone

you can't get more candid than a field labeled "sex" and a value of either 0 or 1

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 04:43:47 pm »

Changing unit caste (sex) is mostly trivial; I once accidentally made every dwarf in my fort female through a DFHack command-line typo.

However, the unit's detailed characteristics (which are established when the unit is instantiated, rather than computed on the fly) are not updated for any difference between castes when you change the unit's caste, which means (for example) a dwarf sex-changed from male to female in this manner will keep her beard as well as her "geldable body part", and will (probably) not be able to bear children.

Note, however, that when a dwarf with lycanthropy transforms back from wereform to dwarven form, he or she will reform his or her body according to paradigm, and thus a sex-changed weredwarf should reform after bodyshifting as a "proper" member of their newly assigned caste.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 04:47:58 pm by ab9rf »

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 05:25:20 pm »

Ah well my problem is when i change the sex it says for example

The dwarf has transformed into a dwarf!

and it changes back into their original gender
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 01:21:52 pm »

dfhack console:
Code: [Select]
transform-unit -unit {ID} -race {race} -caste {caste} [-keepinventory][-duration forever|{ticks}]
I would suggest:
Code: [Select]
transform-unit -unit {ID} -race DWARF -caste FEMALE -keepinventory

for what your desiring, you can get the unit_id out gui/gm-manager or through teleport -showUnitId

the way you are doing it right now wont keep the change because his caste hasn't changed causing it to assume its been transformed, his transformation timer is at 0, so it immediately transforms him back to his original caste which is MALE.... it doesn't even care to check if the unit is a were creature or been transformed through some other game mechanic, just that he has a sign that he's been transformed and not matching his current caste.

this script basically just makes race/caste changes which causes it to transform into that race/caste... you can also add -duration {ticks} to give it a time limit, or at a latter date you can use -untransform in the line without the race or caste command to remove the transformation.... I was thinking of some interesting concepts with this, such as a rare material that when worn or equipped would transform the character into... who knows something insanely powerful... like a megabeast or a female!  then when the item is dropped untransform them... or a rare race where all characters switch race every two years... interesting enough I had an issue with the use of transform-unit and guild system.... basically you could send pregnant dwarfs to go be transformed into men, who then would give birth as normal, but couldn't feed their babies....I also had children running around the fort who had a father who was female, or a mother who as male... talk about modern family and my two dads... 2 and 1/2 men?
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 08:01:56 pm »

Actually I did some digging and I found putnams script ectobiology.lua still works with 43.05
And the plans is this

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So a wrench has been thrown in because I had to kill the Babi for being a werebuffalo
And the mum is dead sort off and because of this ectobiology is not working.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 09:49:33 pm by UselessMcMiner »

Obsidian 1053

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 04:13:34 pm »

Actually I did some digging and I found putnams script ectobiology.lua still works with 43.05

It should. If you have any problems from weird use, I'd like to know, I'd rather it work in every situation.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 08:56:15 pm »

Well i when i try to use the ectobiology script it says Cannot read field unit.relations not found. This is weird because she has a husband

Obsidian 1053

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 09:17:32 pm »

unit.relations was replaced with more logical things. Use the updated version.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2017, 05:16:35 pm »

Ok so i got the newest version and now its saying Cannot invoke field (global).getVisableName(): NULL pinter: unit

Obsidian 1053