Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 230133 times)

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.9] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #1290 on: October 25, 2011, 03:00:36 am »

I have given up trying to get the Fortress defence mod to work with this, in any case, if I raise the number of children the infected have. Will they come in bigger numbers?

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: October 25, 2011, 11:45:40 am »

my most tallented soldier went and got moody on me and required stone - and gems, my first artifact and the bugger just has to require those, so i tried mineing some, thought i'd be "carefull" about it since the stone is deadly. did some down stairs . found some surface rock . picked it. killed all my miners in less than 3 squares dug out...

the ensueing tantrum spiral caused my fort to wipe before the first winter... irritating >>

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: October 25, 2011, 12:30:12 pm »

this is why all the merchants that come to my fort find themselves "mysteriously" walled in. and i get all the free loot! except for the time when a merchant's Mule went berserk and bashed some soldier's head in.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: October 26, 2011, 07:54:08 am »

it might just be me, but it seems pellets are worse than bolts. They just end up doing blunt damage. So, you're better off using the gun parts and metal for a pistol and ammo.  I'll do some more testing with better metals, can't be too hasty. In unrelated news, a moody carpenter made a wooden armor stand. Also, the standard infected just came in a massive siege. Four groups, one of them with a general("war leader"). The general is just a standard infected, not a demon or anything. They also have some war grizzly bears, not mounted thankfully. On top of that, a desert devil ambush came, but I killed them. The groups didn't fight each other at all. I've also caged a whole bunch of things for my new arena.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

DarkGenesis

• Bay Watcher
  • Darkness Shall Rise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: October 26, 2011, 08:32:33 am »

I must be doing something wrong... Every time I generate a world the only civilizations I can choose from are forgotten beasts :o
Though I am trying to install phoebus' graphics over it...

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: October 26, 2011, 08:39:55 am »

no, acctually it's that you have to REMOVE/PUT TO A SAFE PLACE the old raws, and THEN copy the new ones into the folder. it happened to me a couple of times too  ;)

Mister Dirks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: October 27, 2011, 03:26:13 pm »

Curious, how long until any zombie for that matter comes shambling to my fortress? currently in the middle of my first winter still no sightings O.o and I know that theres infected around I checked before I embarked
Every village = Farm plots
Vegetables grow and wither...
Thats about 100 tiles of dead food...

NECROMANCY, RAISE THE VEGETABLES!
WE WILL RULE THE WORLD THROUGH HEALTHY GOODNESS!!

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #1297 on: October 27, 2011, 05:14:07 pm »

Curious, how long until any zombie for that matter comes shambling to my fortress? currently in the middle of my first winter still no sightings O.o and I know that theres infected around I checked before I embarked

Well i got attacked before my first trader :(
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: October 27, 2011, 07:40:47 pm »

It seems the earliest they arrive is late summer 1st year, but you have to be very near them for that to happen. Depending on world size, it could take a long time for them to arrive.

Edit: My moody metalcrafter is sketching pictures of shining metal bars. I assume they want platinum, because they aren't taking any of the other things I have. But we don't have any, and none of the last 4 caravans did either. Of course, even if we did have any, they need rough gems too.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 08:19:53 pm by Person »
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: October 27, 2011, 08:46:18 pm »

Metalsmiths won't request specific metals anymore; they'll take what they've got, but they'll take their preference first. It's the rough gems you're probably having problems with.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: October 27, 2011, 08:52:17 pm »

Thing is, they haven't taken any bars, and they don't have any gem skill so that isn't the base item. Nothing is forbidden, burrows are fine, etc. So, IT must have made platinum(or whatever the person wants) a different category like adamantine in that dwarves specifically request adamantine wafers. (Note: Platinum has been modded heavily in this to become a win metal. This is because adamantine has been removed due to there being little chance of reaching it.)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 08:57:08 pm by Person »

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: October 28, 2011, 08:51:48 am »

the longest the zed-heads ever took was a year and a half, and i was half a continent away from the nearest zed civ.

Mister Dirks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: October 28, 2011, 03:41:21 pm »

the longest the zed-heads ever took was a year and a half, and i was half a continent away from the nearest zed civ.

Odd cause It's been 2 1/2 years now, I'm flourishing but its really boring with no zeds.
Every village = Farm plots
Vegetables grow and wither...
Thats about 100 tiles of dead food...

NECROMANCY, RAISE THE VEGETABLES!
WE WILL RULE THE WORLD THROUGH HEALTHY GOODNESS!!

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: October 29, 2011, 12:45:21 am »

well, looks like your zed civ is more than half a continent away. maybe they are on the other end of it? well, it does not matter. you'll get invaded. either by zeds, desert devils (ambush) or Reinheit.

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: October 29, 2011, 07:09:06 pm »

Holy crap I just got one of my scorpions :D
And PERFECT TIMEING too, im preety much under seige from like 4 desert devil squads, and I cant pick them off because theres a squad of pistol users and I dont got fortafications up yet. All the squads disided that this scorpion has to go lol and just charged the thing, and it caused them all to flee :D
HOLY SHIT THATS ALOT OF INJURYS!!!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ah well time to send in my 3 guys with bronze military rifles to finish it :D
Alright its dead and my comander got the kill after stabbing it in the brain.
Another one.... Srsy....
Oh yay a migrant wave... ah well its gona be full today :D
It took off a jewers pants and now it is betting a metalcrafter in the head with them.... Alright time to send in the riflemen :D
Well that was a bad idea it turned on them right away. Ah the mirical of savescuming lol
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 07:28:38 pm by BeforeLifer »
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 111