Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Roll to become the legend: turn 29: soiled chainmail and a voice in the air  (Read 27380 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

In life, you were a legend. They said you were extraordinary, that you were without equal.
They might have said you were a hero of the arena, the unbeaten champion of the colosseum.
They might have said that you were a great knight, a champion of your faith, protected as much by your armour as by the favour of your god.
They might have said you were a great wizard or witch, the very fabrics of reality bending to your will.
They might have said you were the Red Oni of the Takeda clan, ripping apart Oda soldiers with unmatched fury as your clan made its last glorious charge.
You might have been the last true samurai of the Boshin war, fighting with the honour and courage of a era long past and forgotten in this time of gunpowder.
You might have been a shaman of your people, guiding them with the wisdom of the spirits of nature.
You might have been the luckiest gunslinger in the west, never missing a single shot, always the quickest on the draw.
You might have been a hero at Verdun, charging across the wasteland, bullets miraculously zipping just past you, with your bayonet pointed at the enemy and a yell of pure rage on your lips.

But legends...legends are a weird sort. Though in our reality they are mostly false, tales that got out of hand, the words carry power. And that power often refuses to just dissapear. It lingers in the minds and in the very being of those who live. And sometimes...

Sometimes it gets a life of its own in a different place alltogether.

Spoiler: Hello! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The new world (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: your character (click to show/hide)

Not first come first serve, unless we only get 4 or less people who want to sign up by tomorrow or tuesday.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 04:05:52 pm by Pancaek »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to become the legend (Signups open) [0/4]
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 03:06:41 pm »

playerlist
Spoiler: Dustan Hache (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lawatooshort (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Moonlit Shadow (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ATHATH (click to show/hide)

Waitlist-in no particular order
TheBiggerFish
Loki987
crazyabe
SaberToothTiger
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 05:30:25 pm by Pancaek »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 03:10:07 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nunzillor

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 03:15:04 pm »

Posting to watch, maybe play.  Depending on... things.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 04:06:21 pm »

Posting to watch, maybe play.  Depending on... things.
And what "things" might those be? If you've questions about the fluff or mechanics or whatever feel free to ask either here or through pm.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 04:10:25 pm »

Name: Darius Guile, the undying soldier.

Legend: a soldier of Great renown,  it is said he has never died in battle despite innumerable odds, using everything from his trusty assault rifle to a bunch of twigs to achieve his objective. Ironically, he possesses no extraordinary powers, just decent luck and reflexes. His technology is varied, with his preferred melee weapon being simple shortsword.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 04:49:48 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 04:13:12 pm »

Name: Ironscale, The False Dragon
Your legend:
 An assassin of dragons, it was created in a time when the people were terrorized by the dragons of the mountains, massive in number and size. In a last ditch effort to end their constant antagonisation by these flying creatures, the people created an artificial dragon, designed to blend into their kind, and like a virus, kill them off from the inside out. This robotic dragon was kitted out with all the things needed to blend in with its prey, and all the Weapondry necessary to strike these creatures at their weakest. It was then given life, and named Ironscale. It then, with its goal in mind, flew off, to mingle with its prey.
   As it lived with and killed the other dragons, it began to grow smart, and question why it wanted to kill its brothers. Ironscale looks at itself, and saw a dragon, but within, it felt off. Whenever it was alone with its own reflection, it would try to kill its reflection, but afterwards, wonder why. Why does it hate its own kind? Why does it keep killing its own. Why can't it stop. Ironscale tried to act as a true dragon, and suppress its urge to kill, but time and time again, it failed, and it despaired. It was when it killed one of the few elders left that it learned of its origin. Learned from its kill that it was not a true dragon. It was fake, artificial, abominable. It was Ironscale, the False Dragon.
   After its final kill, Ironscale felt the urge to return home. When it did, it was with grief, despair, confusion, and rage. Ironscale reduced the mighty place to a hollow ruin, devoid of any life, and the air was filled with smoke and fumes, the earth burnt and corroded. Ironscale felt nothing but a deep sadness afterwards. It had nothing to call family, nothing to call home. It is a freak, belonging to nothing, and destroying all it touched. At this moment, it lost the will to live. It sleeps in the ruins now, tired and defeated. Ironscale, the False Dragon, now rests in its own grave, never disturbed, for fear of its wrath when awakened.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 04:30:35 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 04:25:55 pm »

Right, the opening post might not have been entirely clear on this. The cutoff date for legends is world war 2, early cold war the best. No future stuff. I was also going more for people instead creatures like dragons. That's not to say you'll be human, per se.

Say for example with the oni samurai. Though the oni bit is more of a way to compare his power, he might get reincarnated as an actual oni if the emphasis of the legend is on that bit. I'd really rather you'd all stay relatively humanoid-ish. Dragons are just a no-go, I'm afraid, how the hell am I supposed to balance those.

-edit- if your legendary character uses bows or guns or whatever, don't worry too much about ammo. Real legends never run out of ammo, they just have to reload from time to time.   
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 04:33:02 pm by Pancaek »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2015, 04:36:55 pm »

Fish-Men okay?
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2015, 04:38:49 pm »

Fish-Men okay?
Yeah, go for it. If I think it doesnt work I'll tell you what bothers me, but fish-men should work just fine.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2015, 04:46:48 pm »

Name: Hel yee

Legend: Hel Yee was known as "The Black Mage King Of The South" for hundreds of years, Ruling his people with a fist of Iron and His Army of the Undead, many thought HE was one of them... And eventually they were proven right.

This Good?
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2015, 04:47:02 pm »

You could of told us a bit sooner. Hang on while I tweak it a bit.
Edited, now a bit more reasonable to some extent.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 04:51:02 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2015, 04:52:18 pm »

Name: Hel yee

Legend: Hel Yee was known as "The Black Mage King Of The South" for hundreds of years, Ruling his people with a fist of Iron and His Army of the Undead, many thought HE was one of them... And eventually they were proven right.

This Good?
kinda short, but I can work with iron fisted undead necromancer, sure.

You could of told us a bit sooner. Hang on while I tweak it a bit.
Edited, now a bit more reasonable to some extent.
Ouch, try not to bite my head off. But yeah, when I was writing it it seemed obvious because I stopped at the Verdun guy, though in retrospect it isn't obvious at all. my bad.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2015, 04:55:16 pm »

I Could have done a 22 Page thing that you would have been Extreamly confused about and Modified every time I needed some thing new or wanted to Screw with you... Would you prefer that?
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2015, 04:58:13 pm »

I Could have done a 22 Page thing that you would have been Extreamly confused about and Modified every time I needed some thing new or wanted to Screw with you... Would you prefer that?
People sure are snappy today. I said it was fine, didn't I? There's no need to go to extremes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14