Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 60

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge  (Read 66946 times)

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 1 - The Game Begins
« Reply #420 on: September 27, 2009, 07:34:31 pm »

Quote from: Zai
The lurkers need to just be mod-killed or something.
If the mod doesn't do this it's the town's job to remove them before it's too late.  It's THE SAME effect.  IS it so hard to understand?

So are you saying that you whole-heartedly support the ChaoticJim role to use it to kill lurkers, even if they turn up town? Because I have problems with that, myself. It's a lot of pressure on a single person: to use it or not to use it, on people who very well may just turn up as inactive townies who really shouldn't have joined the game in the first place if they weren't intending to really play it, instead just using their town vote to bandwagon and not do much else? Of course, this dilemma can easily be taken care of if lurkers post just 3 times. But as I said previously, this just encourages "active" lurking, which is still a bad thing.

Scum tier: ... Zaithemaster (same, no suspicion at all all game) ...

What? Can you expand on this thought, as I'm not sure what you're talking about; you've mentioned next to nothing about me up to this point to indicate what you're talking about. I've had my suspicions, if you were talking about me being suspicious of others, and have brought several of them up. If you were talking about you and/or others not being suspicious of me, I can't exactly control that. As I said, I'm not really sure what exactly it is you're getting at with "same, no suspicion at all game". If you're saying that I've been active lurking, I'll just file that as a misunderstanding, as I don't believe I've ever been an active lurker, aside from maybe the first few Mafias I was in many months ago.

Jesus Christ. 5 new posts just while I was reading posts, 2 of which jumped on an Alexhans bandwagon. I FoS Diakron and just lightly do the same to TM for doing this; I "seem" to recall TM being heavily suspicious of Alex for a while now, but he's only voting for him once it's starting to get popular. I've been suspicious of Diakron previously, but whenever I've typed it up, I've realized that it really just came down to him doing more (some could say actually trying) than in past games.

And then another post while I revised my post. AND THEN 3 MORE WHEN I REVISED SOME MORE, one of which was Web effectively FoSing the Alexhans bandwagoners. Well, that was what I took out of it, anyway.

I am apparently a slow reader and typer when it comes to comprehension and clarity.

But anyways. I woke up feeling sick today and slept a ton, so my free time got significantly reduced. If I feel the same tomorrow I'll be going to the doctor.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 27, 2009, 07:43:59 pm »

Mr.Person and Alexhans have a fucking hilarious definition of lurking and activelurking. I've been posting and assaulting Mr.Person all this time.

But hell, if the confirmed townie wants to keep the scum hammerman alive, by all means....
You can shut up. Everything you say right now is now pointless, because I don't care. I will keep hammerman alive, because he has a hammer, and I want him to use it.

And I said you were active lurking. THAT WAS ME. THE CONFIRMED TOWNIE.

Go to the back of the room.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 27, 2009, 07:58:31 pm »

@Web

Wait, you're defending the hammerer because he has the hammer?

He's only planning to hammer a lurker.  He's defending Person has a pure town with very little written cause for doing so (just some IRC past knowledge).  The town has TWICE chosen someone to hammer and he rejects it.

I'm one of the first to LOVE the idea of a hammer+lynch Day 1.  However, can you honestly, HONESTLY, believe whole heartedly that he is not scum?  If not then please tell us, don't insult us.  We NEED TO KNOW WHAT YOU SEE
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 27, 2009, 08:09:32 pm »

web yoyu are confirmed town but not my god or leader if you make a bad call then we are not going to trust you again so give us anything that make you think that alexhans is a townie...

we just won't vote you...
Back to Mafia with me!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 27, 2009, 08:13:57 pm »

Don't snub him out quickly though.  I also remember him vowing to never let anyone distract him from his target and why he said that.

But we need more than just brow beating.  The town needs facts.  There's a mountain of evidence against Alex and Person and Alex holding the hammer does not make him town.  We'll need counter evidence if we're to be turned around.

And don't use Person's posts to prove the case, considering how he's mangling everyone's arguments as it is.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 27, 2009, 08:15:50 pm »

i think that mr. p and alexhans are scum for sure now, but WA is protecting them... it leaves me in a catch 22
Back to Mafia with me!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 27, 2009, 08:20:52 pm »

Is this how Alexhans normally plays? Insistance that a person is town, based off meta-knowledge? An absolute Lynch all Lurkurs policy? Second, I doubt he would have hammered on the first Day 1 if the Cobrarsenic role ability was known. Better yet, he would have hammered a mafia guy.
So, to be sort of productive, I re-propose the hammering of Mr.Person.

@Diakron: As zai told me, web makes mistakes sometimes. And as you said, he isn't a god.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 27, 2009, 08:32:38 pm »

ignore that post i am in a hated debate in 2 other mafias and i'm quite pissed right now its getting hard to post without swearing...
Back to Mafia with me!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 27, 2009, 08:48:55 pm »

ignore that post i am in a hated debate in 2 other mafias and i'm quite pissed right now its getting hard to post without swearing...

...What? What post are you referring to? Was this post just a quick cover-up edit of a severely implicating post (that may have been intended to go in the QuickTopic thread) like the one in Paranormal...4(?), the one that we had to reset the game because of (because it held the names of all the scum)? Or were you just referring to your last post? But I don't see swearing in your last 2 posts.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 27, 2009, 08:52:46 pm »

yes that was a miss post sorry
Back to Mafia with me!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 27, 2009, 08:57:51 pm »

...?

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 27, 2009, 09:01:51 pm »

i'm off mafia for the night i need to cool down...
Back to Mafia with me!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 27, 2009, 09:02:25 pm »

yes that was a miss post sorry

...Wait. You're admitting to making a post implicating yourself and your scum buddies?

Wow. You're honest, I guess. o,0

Or were you saying that that post was intended for another Mafia? In which case the stuff you said in the edit seems out of place. Not to mention that editing posts is forbidden, something you've berated brothernature for doing.

I'm thinking you're scum. RedWarrior0 can wait for now. Unvote and vote Diakron.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 27, 2009, 09:03:21 pm »

GAAH WHAT THE FUCK GUYS CHILL OUT!!!
Back to Mafia with me!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 27, 2009, 09:05:38 pm »

Quote from: Zai
The lurkers need to just be mod-killed or something.
If the mod doesn't do this it's the town's job to remove them before it's too late.  It's THE SAME effect.  IS it so hard to understand?

So are you saying that you whole-heartedly support the ChaoticJim role to use it to kill lurkers, even if they turn up town? Because I have problems with that, myself. It's a lot of pressure on a single person: to use it or not to use it, on people who very well may just turn up as inactive townies who really shouldn't have joined the game in the first place if they weren't intending to really play it, instead just using their town vote to bandwagon and not do much else? Of course, this dilemma can easily be taken care of if lurkers post just 3 times. But as I said previously, this just encourages "active" lurking, which is still a bad thing.

Scum tier: ... Zaithemaster (same, no suspicion at all all game) ...

What? Can you expand on this thought, as I'm not sure what you're talking about; you've mentioned next to nothing about me up to this point to indicate what you're talking about. I've had my suspicions, if you were talking about me being suspicious of others, and have brought several of them up. If you were talking about you and/or others not being suspicious of me, I can't exactly control that. As I said, I'm not really sure what exactly it is you're getting at with "same, no suspicion at all game". If you're saying that I've been active lurking, I'll just file that as a misunderstanding, as I don't believe I've ever been an active lurker, aside from maybe the first few Mafias I was in many months ago.

Jesus Christ. 5 new posts just while I was reading posts, 2 of which jumped on an Alexhans bandwagon. I FoS Diakron and just lightly do the same to TM for doing this; I "seem" to recall TM being heavily suspicious of Alex for a while now, but he's only voting for him once it's starting to get popular. I've been suspicious of Diakron previously, but whenever I've typed it up, I've realized that it really just came down to him doing more (some could say actually trying) than in past games.

And then another post while I revised my post. AND THEN 3 MORE WHEN I REVISED SOME MORE, one of which was Web effectively FoSing the Alexhans bandwagoners. Well, that was what I took out of it, anyway.

I am apparently a slow reader and typer when it comes to comprehension and clarity.

But anyways. I woke up feeling sick today and slept a ton, so my free time got significantly reduced. If I feel the same tomorrow I'll be going to the doctor.

At the time, it was because nobody, at any point in time, had really said anything about you. You claim you can't control that, but generally, people who have a laid back approach tend to not get much suspicion. However, your well thought out post has convinced me that, even if you're scum, I want to see you around more. Besides, that scum spot is probably ToonyMan or Boksi or something.

Is this how Alexhans normally plays? Insistance that a person is town, based off meta-knowledge? An absolute Lynch all Lurkurs policy? Second, I doubt he would have hammered on the first Day 1 if the Cobrarsenic role ability was known. Better yet, he would have hammered a mafia guy.
So, to be sort of productive, I re-propose the hammering of Mr.Person.

@Diakron: As zai told me, web makes mistakes sometimes. And as you said, he isn't a god.
Yeah, Alexhans is VERY anti-lurker. I'm surprised you didn't pick up on that just from this game, much less any other game he's ever played in.

What's with the resurgence of the Alex+Me hate, what exactly has convinced you guys to start voting us again?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 60