Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 60

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge  (Read 66958 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 1 - The Game Begins
« Reply #555 on: September 30, 2009, 09:44:50 am »

Suddenly, a small figure runs into the middle of the room.  The small figure is brandishing a hammer, and it seems to be Alexhans!  This scene looks vaguely familiar to you, for some reason.

He grins madly, and turns to address the assembled audience.

"Evening, everyone!  It's good to see all of you gathered here!!" he smiles an adorable smile.  There's a pause.  Webadict, on seeing Alexhans in the middle of the room again, yelps and runs out of the door.

"What are you doing here... again?" says Mr.Person, breaking the silence.

"I'm here to deliver democracy, Mr.Person-san!" says Alexhans, still as smiley as ever.  "And for that reason, RedWarrior0-san, I must ask you to die!"

"WHAT THE HELL?!" says RedWarrior0, who is standing right in front of him, "WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME, SCUM?  YOU'RE SCUM, AREN'T YOU!?"

"Not quite, Red-san!" says Alexhans, still grinning.   Hmm, one of his eyes is beginning to change colour, and for some reason you have bad memories about that.  "But sometimes democracy can't wait!"  Before RedWarrior0 can react, the small figure runs forwards and begins to attack with a hammer.  You hear yells and what sounds like incoherent Japanese, before RedWarrior0 is finally left in a broken heap on the floor.  You aren't sure why, but you weren't very surprised by any of this.

Hmm, RedWarrior0 seemed to be very angry, and very aggressive when it came to be his turn to die.  In fact, coupled with the poster in his room that says "Tunnel Vision Fest - 2008", you work out that he was LoonyMan!

You are LoonyMan.  You love getting into arguments.  A lot.  If you are lynched and your vote is on one of the people voting for you, that person is lynched with you.  Because double lynches are, like, the way forwards.

You aren't entirely sure what should happen now.  You wait for RedWarrior0 to transform, or explode, or DO SOMETHING NEW AND EXCITING, but nothing interesting happens.  A quick search of his room reveals nothing untoward, so you work out that he was, in fact, Hotel Aligned.

All votes on RedWarrior are off him, and on "abstain".  The day will continue... for another 24 hours.  DAMNIT, ALEXHANS, WHY DID YOU HAVE TO USE YOUR ABILITY NOW?!!?  Ah well, at least someone's dead.

And in case you're wondering, that was a Day Kill, not a lynch, so the LoonyMan power did not activate.  And there should be just one more piece of Deja vu flavour text left now.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 1 - Leafsnail Continues to Regret his E8 Inspired Role
« Reply #556 on: September 30, 2009, 10:02:49 am »

@Mod :P at the title.  Also mind Prodding brothernature and Boksai? 

@Alex Well there you go.  We got that lurker kill.  Now I want some real suspects.

@Panda

I said I would.. so here it is.  Vote Pandasenic

Response?

@Cheeetar

My vote isn't rock steady yet, so mind answering that question I gave you earlier?  If you forgot:

You said of Person flipped town you'd consider me scum even though you were also pushing for him.  You said your push was an honest mistake since your town but you refuse to give me the same consideration.  I asked what makes me special to you that the thought of being a townie wasn't considered. 

I'll also add this:  Why did you tell Alex that you stopped gunning for him and Person when your vote was still on him and you still declare Person as scum and Alex suspect for protecting Person?
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 30, 2009, 10:04:14 am »

One more

@Those who believe Person is scum

Able to bring up the current list of accusations against him? 
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 30, 2009, 10:08:03 am »

:P to you too.  And yes, I have prodded them.  If I don't get a response by the end of Night 1 I'll get replacements (Frelock is at the top of the replacement list, by the way).

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 30, 2009, 10:48:39 am »

Really, double :P

I mean, you took an idea off of endless eight that doesn't involve wet t shirts and you wonder why you're regretting it?

I KNEW IT!

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #560 on: September 30, 2009, 11:01:55 am »

MOD:  PLEASE... post the votecount that lead to the lynch... It's extremely confusing if you don't give us info

I'm writing a post.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 30, 2009, 11:27:50 am »

Why didn't you want to hammer Mr.Person or Archangel when they were available to you Alexhans?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 30, 2009, 11:32:45 am »

One more

To sum it up:

• Too Defensive, Cautious Aggressive.
  • Backing Up Alexhans, I don't care if they both say that would be stupid, this is Mafia.

I still don't like what he's playing right now, especially back when him and Alexhans were bashing me and making me look worthless.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 30, 2009, 11:47:34 am »

On Backing up Alex:  I'm remembering Beginner 1 and the Jim/Vector incident.  It taught me not to try to link up two people too early.  Thus, I can't let myself say "they are together because they are scum".  What bugged me was more the lack of a reason, which, individually, made each one look bad. 

The hyperlink, though, is annoying.  I'm deadset sure if we go after Person again it'll be another 12 page WOT madhouse from both.  I won't let that stop me but I'll need solid evidence before going in there.

@Defense/cautious aggressive:

I'll give me a nice focal point to watch how he handles post-attack and with half the town still itching for his blood. 

While I constantly cry to him "WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY THAT EARLIER".  I have noted that he DIDN'T say that earlier.

@your bashing

I burned them HARD for that.  The attitude turned what could've been an easy investigation into a 12 page WOT mess.   

Don't feel I'm ignoring you by turning to others.  I caught that failed bet when everyone walked away from it and if you dredge up something on them again I'll spot it too. 
I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 30, 2009, 01:32:34 pm »

One more

To sum it up:

• Too Defensive, Cautious Aggressive.
  • Backing Up Alexhans, I don't care if they both say that would be stupid, this is Mafia.

I still don't like what he's playing right now, especially back when him and Alexhans were bashing me and making me look worthless.

Worthless? If you got that impression, I hate to say it, but you're wrong. I'm not sure you're aware, but a ToonyWagon is quite terrifying. It's like a bull charging at you with a laser-guided missile on its back.

Plus not to mention Alexhans considers you town. Although I see what he's saying about the bet, I think it's a null tell since ToonyMan did what a sensible townie would do in that situation but also did what cautious scum would do too. Then again, I don't think ToonyMan IS a cautious scum, so I'm still not sure. Either way, there are more important people to question.

Pandarsenic: If you had all the votes, who would you lynch and why? Who else has been acting scummy, in your opinion?

Zaithemaster: Why did you specifically target the less experienced players? Was it because they're easy lynches?

Alexhans: Would you be in favor of a lurker lynch still? I know I'm not, I want to see an active player lynched, since I believe we now have enough info to properly lynch an active player and *gasp* actually hit scum this time!

Mephanasteras: If Webadict gave good reasoning for his thinking, would you go along with him? What if, say, we lynched Pandarsenic and he flipped town. What would you do then? What if we then lynched Cheeetar and he also flipped town. What would you do then?

Eh, I'm kinda out of WoT's, so expect short posts from me til we lynch somebody. Hell, even this one is kinda long, damnit! Oh well, this is all the questions I have right now.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 30, 2009, 01:44:20 pm »

Mephanasteras: If Webadict gave good reasoning for his thinking, would you go along with him? What if, say, we lynched Pandarsenic and he flipped town. What would you do then? What if we then lynched Cheeetar and he also flipped town. What would you do then?

If webadict gave good reasons for his thinking, and I agreed with them, I'd go along with it. For the simple fact that I know that webadict at least has the town's best interests in mind. He might not always be right, but at least I know he's not scum trying to mislead me into lynching town.

If we lynched Pandarsenic and he flipped town, I'd take a very careful look at who voted him and why. We've lost one townie already, and while he was acting really suspicious and scummy we should still be able to find scum among the people that voted for him. With two town lynches we really ought to be able to sniff out scum for the next lynch. It's not a good situation, but it at least gives us a lot of information to go off of.

Would I vote for Cheeetar after Pandarsenic flipped town? I'm not sure. It would depend on what he's done up to that point, as well as any information we got as a result of Night 1. If I still had good reason to vote him, and he was lynched and flipped town? I'm really not sure. Probably seriously rethink Alex and Mr.Person's alignment, but again it really depends on what happens Night 1.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 30, 2009, 01:58:11 pm »

@Meth

A question from me:

Who do you feel is most acceptable to be lynched today? 

If it includes a vote, why are you all set to kill them?

If you're not ready to kill that person quite yet, what are you still waiting for from that person ("to talk more" won't do.. be specific)
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 30, 2009, 02:05:38 pm »

Really, double :P

I mean, you took an idea off of endless eight that doesn't involve wet t shirts and you wonder why you're regretting it?

I'm not wondering why.  It's just that I forgot the 3 weekday phases would result in 8 (rather than 6) days without night falling.  Oops.

Anyway, no worse than skipping a night, I guess, the only difference being flavour and resurrections.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 30, 2009, 02:29:14 pm »

@Meth

A question from me:

Who do you feel is most acceptable to be lynched today? 

If it includes a vote, why are you all set to kill them?

If you're not ready to kill that person quite yet, what are you still waiting for from that person ("to talk more" won't do.. be specific)
I'm getting really annoyed by the the Meth thing. Say @Meph.

Also, Mephansteras has done a personality switch. He's no longer "sounding" scummy, and I'm not sure where it went. I still believe him to be scum.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 30, 2009, 02:36:33 pm »

Oh, and by the way, if anyone says the words "Day Extension", I may go insane.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 60