Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139]

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 145343 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.
« Reply #2070 on: August 03, 2011, 09:41:35 pm »

What's left to do on it?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: August 03, 2011, 09:44:19 pm »

As a younger brother, I can safely say that while my bro and I used to piss each other off in the past we're now basically best friends and I wouldn't ever hurt him if I could help it. :) Kirion on the other hand is a complete douche. Anyway, I would go the opposite and say work on it a bit more.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: August 03, 2011, 09:54:29 pm »

Well, he is your brother. Even if he was the most assholish asshole that was ever an asshole, he is still VERY CLOSE to you.

...This is coming from a sibling-less person, though, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyways, the new RTD has reached a important point here: It's incomplete, but good enough to start. And at the same time I could continue working on it, but I'm getting to the boring parts.

So, start it now or wait for a more complete version (will likely take a decent amount of time)?

When you're happy with it start. Don't make the mistakes I made with Imperfect and it'll be fine. A few mistakes can be ironed out as things progress, but as long as you've got the basics running all should be well.

Meh, do what you're comfortable with.

"Sharpen for too long and you won't have enough knife left to cut with."
- Country Proverb
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: August 03, 2011, 09:55:46 pm »

What's left to do on it?

When you're happy with it start. Don't make the mistakes I made with Imperfect and it'll be fine. A few mistakes can be ironed out as things progress, but as long as you've got the basics running all should be well.

Meh, do what you're comfortable with.

"Sharpen for too long and you won't have enough knife left to cut with."
- Country Proverb
Thing is, I won't feel good until I finish listing a TON of potentially useless crap. And it's pretty darn boring to make that crap, too.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: August 03, 2011, 09:59:12 pm »

If you're not sure about the non-combat rolling, why not use Draignean's experiment thread to run a few tests?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: August 03, 2011, 10:01:06 pm »

Yeah, I'd say keep working on it.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: August 03, 2011, 10:02:20 pm »

If you're not sure about the non-combat rolling, why not use Draignean's experiment thread to run a few tests?
...Lazy. And I kinda ain't in the mood to do it on that thread. No idea why.

...Really, that's all I can say of it. If I really had to test it, I'd test it here because I know that since this is my thread I can do whatever I want with it.

But I believe it's balanced*.

*He says knowing full well that he only did one test. And a fairly old one at that.

*He realizes he misread.

But really, if it doesn't work out, no biggie, it would likely be easy to fix.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 10:15:02 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: August 04, 2011, 01:26:39 am »

About siblings: my 7-year-old brother is So. Very. ANNOYING.
I keep having to give him stuff so he would stop bugging me...

About endings: Woohoo!

About next RTD: I would say wait a bit and get some of the not "V" stuff working first. I started Falling Fire without too good of a combat/inventory management system and that kinda failed...  :-\
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: August 04, 2011, 02:47:05 am »

Well, the not V stuff really isn't important. Really. I'm serious.

Story: Likely crap but it's entirely done.
Vehicles:... wohoo. Yeah, it's not like you'll be carrying them in your pocket. This is almost completely unneeded at the start.
Special actions: I can put basically anything on here at any time and it won't effect the game. This is absolutely not needed at the start.
The Terra (AKA your ship, if you guys are scratching your heads): It has a buttload of supplies, so you won't face a situation where you loose all of a certain type of gun/vehicle before using them anyway, so I really don't need to set up it's storage right now. The guns... I don't see The Terra facing any combat any time soon.
Alpha backgrounds: It'd be a pain in the ass to try and balance everything. If you want I can just dump the skill types and what the backgrounds give and let you guys try to balance it yourself.

Really, it's pretty ready to go besides balancing. And I can work that in in-game.

Why am I not starting it when I sound so confident? I am very indecisive. Very. Starting a game is sort of like going "HOLD THE FRICKING BURNING PIECE OF WOOD YOU WON'T GET HURT I ASSURE YOU THE GLOVE YOU PICKED IS FIREPROOF" when I have no idea if I picked a fireproof glove or not. :P I sort of need a crowd going "IT'S FIREPROOF GET ON WITH IT" to start a game.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 02:49:13 am by Tarran »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: August 04, 2011, 02:53:15 am »

Post my good man, post it hard.

Why am I not starting it when I sound so confident? I am very indecisive. Very. Starting a game is sort of like going "HOLD THE FRICKING BURNING PIECE OF WOOD YOU WON'T GET HURT I ASSURE YOU THE GLOVE YOU PICKED IS FIREPROOF" when I have no idea if I picked a fireproof glove or not. :P

Take the glove off and be quick, then it doesn't matter whether the glove is fire proof or not.* :P Honestly, I knocked out my first RTD in one sitting at 1 AM. You can do this.**

*Yes those are burn scars on my hands, why do you ask?

**And if you can't then pretend you can and no one will know the difference.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139]