Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 2D mode "Display not found" (another linux issue) - solved, ty!  (Read 3001 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: 2D mode "Display not found" (another linux issue)
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2021, 11:02:36 pm »

Hmm, well trying DISPLAY=:0 through =:4 didn't work, but running it through xterm instead of "konsole" (lol) worked fine, AND the write problem was solved. So note going forward, don't bother with kde's terminal lol.
Do me a favour if you don't mind and 'echo $DISPLAY' in xterm so I can get some data on why it didn't work the other way?

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2021, 11:04:00 pm »

Hmm, well trying DISPLAY=:0 through =:4 didn't work, but running it through xterm instead of "konsole" (lol) worked fine, AND the write problem was solved. So note going forward, don't bother with kde's terminal lol.
Do me a favour if you don't mind and 'echo $DISPLAY' in xterm so I can get some data on why it didn't work the other way?
just gives me :0
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2021, 11:06:06 pm »

just gives me :0
Excellent, that is helpful since it at least tells me the problem wasn't as simple as "picked the wrong display". Anyway, glad I could help.
Pages: 1 [2]