Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zoom-cre goes to creature, not tile.  (Read 1426 times)

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
Zoom-cre goes to creature, not tile.
« on: February 09, 2009, 02:33:30 am »

Like the title says. I have everyone in a 1 tile meeting area so they build social(sp?) skills, and with almost 500 animals in my fort it's kinda annoying having to go through a dozen animals and stuff just to get to the creature i'm trying to mark for execution select.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
Re: Zoom-cre goes to creature, not tile.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 02:46:28 am »

I don't think what you're experiencing is a common problem at all, man. I mean. 1 tile? Wow.

Anyway I agree. I only have to flip between like 3-5 creatures but it's still annoying and takes up alot of time in the long run... also you do realise the downside of having everyone practice their social skills, right? If everyone are friends and two out of 100 dwarfs die.. ALL dwarves get depressed, the most sensitive one kills herself and HELLO tantrum spiral.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 02:59:13 am »

I don't think what you're experiencing is a common problem at all, man. I mean. 1 tile? Wow.

Anyway I agree. I only have to flip between like 3-5 creatures but it's still annoying and takes up alot of time in the long run... also you do realise the downside of having everyone practice their social skills, right? If everyone are friends and two out of 100 dwarfs die.. ALL dwarves get depressed, the most sensitive one kills herself and HELLO tantrum spiral.

2 things

1: .......... $%^&

2: It's a 1 tile meeting area, but everyone stays on a 3x3 grid.

3: i lied, theres actually 4 things.

4: i lied again

5: i eat Carp.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 06:11:09 am »

It's especially annoying because I tend to not notice that the wrong creature is selected. You have no idea how many times I've changed labour options of the wrong dwarf.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 10:12:55 am »

1: I do have this problem, especially with people sleeping in 1 bed.
2: 1 tile meeting rooms is an exploit and a piss poor argument for a new feature

Felblood

• Bay Watcher
  • No, you don't.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 03:28:41 pm »

You example is so extreme that it illustrates nothing, but the idea is sound.

This change would improve my DF experience.
The path through the wilderness is rarely direct. Reaching the destination is useless,
if you don't learn the lessons of the dessert.
--but you do have to keep walking.

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 10:27:38 pm »

This is actually a bug that Toady already has on his bug list, so it'll get fixed eventually.
000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 02:00:27 am »

This is actually a bug that Toady already has on his bug list, so it'll get fixed eventually.

;D ;D ;D

scale_e

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 06:51:04 am »

Like the title says. I have everyone in a 1 tile meeting area so they build social(sp?) skills, and with almost 500 animals in my fort it's kinda annoying having to go through a dozen animals and stuff just to get to the creature i'm trying to mark for execution select.

And, all your dwarves do is party. All the time.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 02:10:54 am »

And, all your dwarves do is party. All the time.

No, i use a meeting zone from the (i) menu, not from tables and statues and that.