Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Roll to Maintain a World  (Read 1207 times)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Maintain a World
« on: March 17, 2024, 08:15:05 pm »

Roll to Maintain a World
It took a while for the world to notice that the major gods disappeared. First, prayers stopped being answered. Then the moon and the sun stopped moving. If no one fills the power vacuum in time, the whole world might be destroyed by whatever is causing the disappearance of these gods. Luckily many are vying for control and power. Hopefully, balance can be restored to the world in time.
Spoiler: RTD stuff (click to show/hide)

Worship and Worship tokens
Worship tokens are gained by how many worshippers you have and can be used to perform godly stuff. Anything as intelligent as a snail or above can worship but less intelligent. A small but dedicated cult produces more worship tokens than a small village that isn't as dedicated and a large sprawling civilization produces more than either. However, getting an entire civilization to worship a god is very difficult. Gaining other things worship can be done by interacting with them. Fearing and worshipping have generally the same effect but there are some differences. Fearing is easier to accumulate but harder to spread while worship is harder to accumulate but easier to spread.

Actions
Simple actions are actions that even a mortal can do but aren't talking. Creating objects(that aren't large enough to require many humans to complete) without divine power, travelling/teleporting to known regions that have the sun shining upon them, and fighting are simple actions. You can do 2 simple actions per turn.
Talk actions involve talking and are entirely free, meaning you can do however much as you want, provided you are at the target's location.
Sphere actions are actions that involve your sphere. Sphere actions can be performed equal to the number of epithets that have that sphere. You may use sphere action to boost another action. The booster action rolls a die and adds that amount to the result depending on what it rolled(the number added is under RTD stuff).
You can use worship tokens to take extra sphere actions.
You may use worship tokens to take actions with a sphere that you don't have but are associated with but at a -1 penalty.
Spheres that you are only associated with provide a +1 to your sphere action and cannot stack.
Vessels and Shapeshifting
Vessels are the physical manifestations of gods and can look like anything. Some gods have fragile vessels that can quickly reconstruct while stronger ones take at least a turn to reconstruct.
Vessels have at least 4 stat points but you may choose to sacrifice how quick you are at reconstructing to gain more stats. Your vessel starts at "takes a quarter of a turn to reconstruct" to "takes a third of a turn to reconstruct" and so on. After you reach the "takes one turn to reconstruct" mark, any further sacrificing of your reconstruction will take one more turn. The reconstruction time is also how long it takes to shapeshift. "Takes a quarter of a turn to shapeshift" allows you to shapeshift 4 times.
Vessels also have a trait assigned to them by me depending on their description.
Time
A turn would be a quarter of a day if the sun didn't stop moving.
Calamities
A calamity takes 4 calamity points to happen. But the amount of calamity points can be decreased by fixing the world. A calamity is anything that sort of breaks the world. A calamity point is always gained by the passage of a turn. Calamity points can also be gained by other things. Calamities stop happening once you've destroyed the cause of it.
Feats and Quests
Feats are notable achievements you've made which grant you an epithet. Quests are mortal requests such as answering prayers and could result in granting you a feat.
Epithets
Epithets grants you one sphere that it is most associated with. Other spheres associated with the epithet are considered your associated spheres. Epithets earned from feats also have one trait attached to it.
Spheres
Gods of a location starts with one very specific sphere and one small location while a god of a concept starts with a very specific sphere and one sphere that is a little broader than that(which means two epithets). The location starts out dedicatingly worshiping the god. All gods have a starting location but gods of a location starts at their location. Your highly specific sphere cannot be broken down into a smaller sphere.

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 02:32:04 pm by Crystalizedmire »
she/her

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Maintain a World
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2024, 10:03:43 pm »

Alright I am in.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Is this all good?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 06:09:44 pm by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 01:44:49 am »

We Start at 4 stat points and gain one each time we sacrifice a bit to respawn right?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2024, 11:06:05 am »

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2024, 03:13:22 pm »

Alright I am in.

Is this all good?
Vessel recovery should be "takes a third of a turn"
We Start at 4 stat points and gain one each time we sacrifice a bit to respawn right?
Yours is good!

I'm waiting to see if more people will sign up
she/her

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2024, 06:10:17 pm »

Vessel recovery should be "takes a third of a turn"

Done!
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2024, 08:26:48 pm »

Turn 0
Erme gazes towards the sky. The sun still hasn't moved at all and they don't know how long they've been staring out to sea. The sea was as blue as the clear sky but the tides don't ebb and flow as if the world is still. A couple of juvenile therans are chasing each other by their feathery tails. They have sharp teeth in their snout, a pair of leather wings, and four legs with claws on them. As Erme gazes at the horizon, they see something approaching the island.
Spoiler: Erme (click to show/hide)
Rastaj stares from the cliff face where the sun should be rising. The pale moon was still in the night sky. Growls echo from the valley below. No, not growls. It may sound like that at first but the more Rastaj hears it, the less it sounds like anything they've heard before. The villagers are huddled in their houses, afraid to go out in the dark perhaps. The warm light in their windows and their shadows are all Rastaj can see of them. Normally they travel outside to gather firewood and hunt but Rastaj hasn't seen any exit their houses in a while.
Spoiler: Rastaj (click to show/hide)
Some deer drink from the Spring of Hope and the worms are eating rotting plant matter in the bottom of the spring. Some worms are digging from the Spring of Tulips to elsewhere. It tickles them. Nearby, the Spring of Hope hear some rustling in the bushes nearby. A reptilian humanoid traveler, armed with a dagger, enters from the bushes. The traveler's entrance scares the deer away from the spring. They then approach the spring.

Spoiler: In Light (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: In Darkness (click to show/hide)
she/her

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2024, 08:44:05 pm »

This has all but confirmed it. They had abandoned him, those above. He was tasked with ensuring the flight above the region goes untouched, to make sure the sun is brought above the village in a morning light, and yet they had refused. And now with creatures, monsters, maybe, below the village he rests above, he knew he had to get involved. While the minor god had no chariot to pull the sun himself, he knew that he still could do something, atleast here. And with his flamed hand he marked a Sundial on the mountaintop, marking embers of the stone, and using a higher peak to ensure it lines up correctly. Then, he drawed upon the power of his flame…and using the dial Placed a peice of himself in the rock of the center, enchanting it to shine his light from the mountain peak, beginning the dim glow of the morning sun for the hours of the day to the nearby area, so that the people of this village may have respite from the endless darkness, and the plants and trees can finally recover with the heat and light of the sun He then announces his presence to the creatures below the mountain, snarling and growling at those below! ”I, Rastaj still rest upon this village! I have not forgotten those that still call out my name!”

1 minor action, make a big sundial
1 Sphere  action (Sunlight + The Early Sunrise + heat)
1 talk action

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2024, 08:29:45 am »

Action/Sphere Boosted:An amalgamation of water rises and askes the traveler this while holding up two items. A tulip made to look like a spear, and a basket woven from tulips.

"You who approach the spring, which do you desire? Martial most mighty or prosperity of Harvest?"

Split: If they pick the first, throw the sword through them, it splitting into vines which spring forth unending restoration. If they pick the second, give them the basket and tell them to bury it where they wish water to spring from.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2024, 08:59:56 am »

"Innteresstinng..."

Simple actions: Erme tries to more closely observe the approaching object to figure out what it is, and moves to intercept it if the sphere action fails.

Sphere action (Use worship token): Part the sea on where the object stands, stranding it on the dry section of the sea floor.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2024, 04:06:07 pm »

Turn 1
This has all but confirmed it. They had abandoned him, those above. He was tasked with ensuring the flight above the region goes untouched, to make sure the sun is brought above the village in a morning light, and yet they had refused. And now with creatures, monsters, maybe, below the village he rests above, he knew he had to get involved. While the minor god had no chariot to pull the sun himself, he knew that he still could do something, atleast here. And with his flamed hand he marked a Sundial on the mountaintop, marking embers of the stone, and using a higher peak to ensure it lines up correctly. Then, he drawed upon the power of his flame…and using the dial Placed a peice of himself in the rock of the center, enchanting it to shine his light from the mountain peak, beginning the dim glow of the morning sun for the hours of the day to the nearby area, so that the people of this village may have respite from the endless darkness, and the plants and trees can finally recover with the heat and light of the sun He then announces his presence to the creatures below the mountain, snarling and growling at those below! ”I, Rastaj still rest upon this village! I have not forgotten those that still call out my name!”

1 minor action, make a big sundial
1 Sphere  action (Sunlight + The Early Sunrise + heat)
1 talk action

The Rising Sun marked a sundial in the stone, but it was inaccurate. The sundial will always be wrong about the time as it was marked inaccurately. Although, does it really matter when there is no sun as far as the eye can see?
6 + 1
Rastaj then places a piece of himself in a rock and the light envelopes the whole village. Unfortunately, the great flash of light causes all things in the area to go temporarily blind. This doesn't deter the monsters though.
"Innteresstinng..."

Simple actions: Erme tries to more closely observe the approaching object to figure out what it is, and moves to intercept it if the sphere action fails.
Sphere action (Use worship token): Part the sea on where the object stands, stranding it on the dry section of the sea floor.
The object moves a little closer which allows Erme to observe it clearer. Erme observed the object and found that it was made of wood, is large, has a sail.
5 + 1
Erme parts the water on which the object sails on, and it crashes down onto the sandy sea floor. There are several rocks on the sea floor so it made quite the crash when it fell. Some of the wood splintered from the crash.
Action/Sphere Boosted:An amalgamation of water rises and askes the traveler this while holding up two items. A tulip made to look like a spear, and a basket woven from tulips.

"You who approach the spring, which do you desire? Martial most mighty or prosperity of Harvest?"

Split: If they pick the first, throw the sword through them, it splitting into vines which spring forth unending restoration. If they pick the second, give them the basket and tell them to bury it where they wish water to spring from.
The traveler picks a tulip from spring of Tulips and gently tucked it into their pack.
6 + 1(2 + 1)
The spring's water overflowed before it settled a bit. The lizard human was swept up their feet by the spring water and struggled in the mud it caused. Two items were presented before them and the lizard human grabs at the basket. The hope spring told the traveler to bury it where they desire water to spring forth though it seems like it will be a while before that happens.

Calamity: 1/4
Spoiler: In Light (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: In Darkness (click to show/hide)
she/her

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2024, 11:13:20 pm »

With the monsters revealed, and daylight shining through the village in a (Albiet incorrect) allotted time, Rastaj saw fit that his pressence has been revealed. With fury, he Climbed down the mountains, and used his divine might and fiery body to burn away those beasts that met his ire! Should the fighting be enough to destroy the monsters and drive them away, The flames dialed back their fury, As he took the shape of a Sorcerer, human in form, clutching a orb of glowing dawnlight. A form he tended to take in the days of old, when he more regularly went down the mountain. Knocking upon any doors there may be, he checked on the people that worshipped him, and should they remain, asked them "Are you all allright?"

1 Simple Action, Get down and Destroy Monsters (+Death Touch)
If the fighting goes well:
(1 Action to shapeshift
1 talk action)

Spoiler: The First Cinder (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 11:15:50 pm by Megam0nkey »

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2024, 08:29:24 am »

"Hmnmgmgnmmmgm.."

Erme walks to the object-ship, ignoring if he is walking through water or not, to take a closer look at it. He communicates if there is anyone on the boat at all.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!