Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: The Battle For Wesnoth.  (Read 10410 times)

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Battle For Wesnoth.
« Reply #135 on: January 24, 2009, 07:58:52 am »

I'm there.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 24, 2009, 09:44:41 am »

Drakes are nothing. It's those darn elves you have to watch out for.

Thanks for the info, I am "practicing" offline right now.  :D

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 28, 2010, 12:32:38 am »

Kyahaaaa! (Or what however you spell the noise the liches make)

I just stumbled across this game myself and knew that someone here at Bay12 would also know of it. Im not much into the multyplayer for this game, but I am enjoying the deapth of the campaigns. So far my favorite faction is the dwarves, who would have thunk it.

I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for some of the add-ons as I am now 65% done with all of the campaigns that came with the download.

I was also wondering what you all thought of the map editor? it looks pretty strait forward and am planning on making a couple of my DF forts in it just to see how well it might work, and then maybe trying to figure out how to make a DF styled era.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 28, 2010, 06:20:33 am »

Lol, I like the elves, surprisingly. I prefer mobility over the slow, solid moving walls that dwarves become. Unless it's a cave fight.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 28, 2010, 08:04:45 am »

Lol, I like the elves, surprisingly. I prefer mobility over the slow, solid moving walls that dwarves become. Unless it's a cave fight.

Dwarven mobility is ok.
If you need someone to scout or take villages quickly, there are always griffons, outlaws, archers and thiefs.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 29, 2010, 03:12:06 pm »

I played this for a bit, didn't really get the hang of it. Might try it again with the new version having come out recently.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 29, 2010, 04:20:57 pm »

I think this game is great, im learning the ropes right now.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 29, 2010, 04:44:05 pm »

Just started the tutorial, but WOW the graphics remind me alot of older Final Fantasy games, with a bit of Age of Wonders thrown in. Gorgeous.

Much easier to work with than the interface from what I remember.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 04:46:42 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 01, 2010, 12:24:43 am »

gah Im getting bogged down in a couple of the campaigns because they tend to make it hard to keep all your leveled up units alive and follow it up with an enemy that recruits mass lvl2 units or it pits you alone against 3-4 opponents that are dug in, and an insanely small number of turns... I only have 4 campaigns left and its bugging the crap out of me  :-\
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]