Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Adventures of Fabian Smokesgrass the Cut of Vines  (Read 1116 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
The Adventures of Fabian Smokesgrass the Cut of Vines
« on: December 09, 2011, 11:57:02 am »

In midsummer 216 in the lands of Infinite Gorge, a mighty demigod awoke to inspire many tales of the beholding nights.
He decided to gain fame by hunting several criminals, and so he succeeded. The demidwarf then got sent to a man known as Abu Goatleather. There he was told to slay a beast, a fiend named Aslefi Taperedbeast, a cave dragon. After a battle of strength and wits, the mighty Fabian decided to crush the fiend's skull with his iron war hammer, and he succeeded. Aslefi Taperedbeast was followed by Vucar Tombstunneled, a dusk freak, and many criminals trying to destroy him, as well as annoying boogeymen. His next quest was to besiege the cave of a dragon, a true one this time, known by the name and only whispered in fear Niweni Pearlbrand the Torrid Gold. A hit to the jaw, and a skullcrushing resulting in a squished dragonbrain later, the beast was slain. Now he decided to go to the next village to hang out, and brag to the ladies a bit. It is there where he met Liberaci Coastaltaut, a human peasant with liberal Revolutionary tendencies. He liked to be called a Revolutionary Menace. He decided to wander with him, but sadly he lost a leg after a criminal attack. This inspired him to become a hero nonetheless, and so he would follow our brave Fabian, to aid him in his quest to cleanse the world of evil.  Many other adventurers followed, but nobody remained but Liberaci. And so came the day where Fabian decided to hunt all elves, but when he got to his first forest retreat it was empty. Nobody lived there anymore, they all heard Fabian was gonna beat them, so they decided to run. Same story happened again, when he wanted to cleanse the fortresses of the goblins, funnily they even destroyed their fortresses with them, to leave no trace of evil behind, as they knew that if they left something, Fabian would come and get them. Being a man of peace, Fabian wandered through the forests to kill many wolves, cougars, a black bear and some other beasts.

After meeting the lord Alo Helmtrumpet he was told that a forest titan, named Usluk Woodensky the Coastal Beans, was rampaging the local villages. So Fabian went towards the Timeless Forest, where he found the titans shrine. When the titan revealed himself, Fabian couldn't act fast enough, but through the hardships of their travels, Liberaci managed to cut off the Titans head with a butcher knife, before Fabian could even reach the Beast. It was then when Liberaci received his full name, as every hero does. The Gods decided to call him Liberaci Coastaltaut the Courteous Forests of Indignation the Revolutionary Titanslayer, for he was always courteous and caused great indignity, in a forest, to a forest titan. After that, the team of heroes were sent to another titan, one of the mountains, who was named Arile Seedbasin the Fin of Buds. Their quest to find him in the first place proved hard and exhausting, but once they found him, he actually did bring quite a fight. Luckily Liberaci wounded Arile mortally, so she would bleed out and die slowly.

It was then when they departed from one another, Fabian and Liberaci, as Liberaci had become a hero for himself. He would hunt elsewhere.
Fabian went on to kill the menacing bird, the roc Masnäm Robuststone the Pass of Mists, a deed which should not be underestimated, as the beast had slain 27 people.
It was then when Fabian had to lead his final battle. He was to destroy the timetraveller, a mutant more gigantic than any titan who came from the future. On his way towards the fiend, he was slain by boogeymen, sent by the timetraveller, as he foresaw what was coming.

This is the End
------------------------------------------------
Kills:
55 Humans
22 Wolves
18 Boogeymen
10 Elves
5 Cougars
5 Turkeys (They were ganging up on him)
2 Troglodytes (Egen and Inen)
2 Desert Scorpions
1 Goblin
1 Black Bear
1 Legendary Wolf (Snumud Meadowblanches)
1 Legendary Cougar (Bagost Carnagemist)
1 Dusk Freak (Vucar Tombstunnel the Sable Bones)
1 Cyclops (Snuk Actionflew the Ancient Rays)
1 Cave Dragon (Aslefi Taperedbeast the Denomination of Hammers, who didn't live up to his name, as Fabian wielded his Hammer bravely against this Pal)
1 Dragon (Niweni Pearlbrand the Torrid Gold)
1 Giantess (Slatsu Controlmighty the Torch of Goals)
1 Legendary Sasquatch (Amkol Phrasefreezes, who couldn't talk because his tongue was frozen)
1 Roc (Masnäm Robuststone the Pass of Mists)

MrMoxie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventures of Fabian Smokesgrass the Cut of Vines
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 01:51:39 pm »

This is why I love DF and its community. You can't really find people spinning tales of their adventures like this outside of the community. Good read man.

As far as the timetraveler thing goes, that just something you came up with yourself or did the name generation pull an ace out of its sleeve? Awesome either way.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 03:28:11 pm »

it is a great story,what happend to Liberaci next?

p.s. i hate to be a gramer nazi but can to use enter after a full stop,it make it a lot easyer to read text.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 05:32:59 pm »

I will try to do so next time. The timetraveller was something I modded in to check how the power tag works. Its basically a giant, only more giant. A giant giant, he is lawmaker of a goblin entity. I was very sad when I lost this char, because it was a hilarious round. I don't know what happened to Liberaci, I lost him while travelling, I suppose he was too far away from me when I started.

A one legged titanslayer, nice. Really this game is awesome.

Intro1827

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 06:34:30 am »

p.s. i hate to be a gramer nazi but can to use enter after a full stop,it make it a lot easyer to read text.
I chuckled
In mid air, the dwarf continued to take hits from both the minecart and his own falling axe.

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 09:26:20 pm »

I find this greatly amusing because I always name my LCS leader Liberachi for trollsies.

InfiniVide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 12:39:33 pm »

Yikes, this post is a disaster area.

Tintoko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 09:41:11 am »

I will just stop the insulting for you mate, but you aren't being a Grammar Nazi, because apparently, you can't use Grammar.