Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Necromancer Slab  (Read 1546 times)

thefinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Necromancer Slab
« on: June 04, 2020, 09:57:16 pm »

Can this lead to necromancers or undead rising up?

A titan came in and splattered most of an undead horde outside along with 2 other sieges that happened by.

Upon cleaning up I found a slab that had the secrets of life and death. How does this differ from a book?

How do I get rid of the damned thing? :)

Unlike a book I don't think you can sell a slab.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancer Slab
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 10:51:57 pm »

Dorfs won't read a slab by themselves. It's only books you need to watch out for.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 11:38:48 pm »

Yeah unfortunately you can't necromancize anyone with it afaik. Not even if you erect it and a dwarf admires it for art.

Can still sell it to a caravan. Or dump into magma.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 11:55:31 pm »

If you store it in your fort and switch to adventurer mode, you can use it to become a necromancer I think.

thefinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 12:37:11 am »

If you store it in your fort and switch to adventurer mode, you can use it to become a necromancer I think.

That's a thought ;)

Urist9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 08:19:33 am »

After an adventurer read slab you can make him write manuals. Eventually one will have secrets.