Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Demonology ½: A Prototype - Game Over - Good Wins  (Read 6042 times)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demonology ½: A Prototype - Day 1 - Evil Awaits Your Next Step [6 / 6]
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2024, 09:11:04 am »

Crystalizedmire: As what alignment do you inspect?
Town
Crystalizedmire, any particular reason why you ignored the question? I noticed you were online.
There are millers in the role list so there probably isn't any.
she/her

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2024, 09:22:46 am »

Town
Are you sure that your alignment will inspect as "Town"? Could you check your role PM, please?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2024, 09:24:31 am »

I use town as a shorthand for "not evil" aka "good"
she/her

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2024, 09:37:59 am »

Town
Crystalizedmire, any particular reason why you ignored the question? I noticed you were online.
There are millers in the role list so there probably isn't any.
Suppose this is supposed to be aren't.
Town
Are you sure that your alignment will inspect as "Town"? Could you check your role PM, please?
Quarque, you're either evil or have info on the chosen. If the former, you are getting lynched. If the latter, what role would have that info, and can Evil Call you Out? If so you're getting lynched.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2024, 09:41:19 am »

Tricmagic, town is called "good" in this game
she/her

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2024, 09:45:18 am »

Quarque, you're either evil or have info on the chosen. If the former, you are getting lynched. If the latter, what role would have that info, and can Evil Call you Out? If so you're getting lynched.
You're wrong. I don't even know what you're talking about with calling out, but maybe I missed something in the rules. Care to explain?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2024, 09:47:50 am »

Evil calling someone out is a reference to call shots.
she/her

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2024, 10:02:02 am »

Crystal, I meant the latter half of that post should be 'aren't millers', not 'are millers'.

Quarque, why are you asking what alignment people inspect as?

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2024, 10:07:55 am »

I was asking Crystalizedmire this question because CM isn't good at making stuff like that up and doesn't think very deeply about what info to reveal as town. Or "town".

btw I've read this line five times and still don't understand what a called shot does.
- The Evilkill is allowed to use a Called Shot, allowing Evil to call the Role of the target (This fails against fake Roles.)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2024, 10:11:23 am »

Crystal, I meant the latter half of that post should be 'aren't millers', not 'are millers'.
I was responding to the latter half of the post, otherwise, you are correct that I meant to say ''aren't" and not "are"
Quarque, why are you asking what alignment people inspect as?
Okay, this makes sense. I thought that you were asking why Quarque said:
Are you sure that your alignment will inspect as "Town"?
In which case, I technically don't because ''town'' inspect as "good".
btw I've read this line five times and still don't understand what a called shot does.
- The Evilkill is allowed to use a Called Shot, allowing Evil to call the Role of the target (This fails against fake Roles.)
I think Webadict said over discord that it bypasses other abilities and is a free action?
she/her

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2024, 10:15:01 am »

I was asking Crystalizedmire this question because CM isn't good at making stuff like that up and doesn't think very deeply about what info to reveal as town. Or "town".

A Called Shot is a modification of the Evilkill, such that by claiming your target's Role, the Evilkill is unaffected by all other Actions.

In essence, if I were the Chosen One, and someone used Evilkill webadict, call Chosen One, I would ALWAYS die, regardless of any other Actions.  Additionally, the Evilkill would be immune to all other Actions, like Nosey.

If they instead Called any other role, the Action not only fails, but is also susceptible to all other Actions.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2024, 10:46:58 am »

A Called Shot is a modification of the Evilkill, such that by claiming your target's Role, the Evilkill is unaffected by all other Actions.

In essence, if I were the Chosen One, and someone used Evilkill webadict, call Chosen One, I would ALWAYS die, regardless of any other Actions.  Additionally, the Evilkill would be immune to all other Actions, like Nosey.

If they instead Called any other role, the Action not only fails, but is also susceptible to all other Actions.
This sounds extremely abusable to fake a cop role.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2024, 11:04:56 am »

I think Webadict said over discord that it bypasses other abilities and is a free action?
I should also note this is partially incorrect.  The proposed Free portion of the Called Shot system is not in play here (it was a bit of a thought experiment at the time, and may be changed later based on this or future games.)

The Called Shot is merely an additional aspect of the Evilkill, which can cost either 1, 2, or 3 AP, depending on what the Evilkiller decides, and claiming the Role is an optional thing to do.

This may not be super well-defined in the rules, and that's entirely my bad.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2024, 11:25:40 am »

so Imp, hi? If you're chilling good job, but even for you this silence is starting to weird me out. How do you feel about the 25 post limit? I don't think you need to be scared to the point of going completely mute..

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2024, 11:30:14 am »

This sounds extremely abusable to fake a cop role.

TM:
What's your thinking on how/why it's abusable?

My analysis, I don't see the problem; especially for a fake cop claim, so please, discuss your reasoning.  Who's abusing what, and how in that case?

You're wrong. I don't even know what you're talking about with calling out, but maybe I missed something in the rules. Care to explain?

You've posted twice since the above, and still haven't answered this request, why?  I'm interested in your reasoning/thinking.

And what's up with your opening poetry?

Everyone else: Was the above rvs question useful?

CM, What's up with song lyrics?  The book of the same name fits a Mafia game far better.  Why'd you ask this question, this game, with its post quantity limit?  What makes this a rvs question worth asking to you?

sof, what do you think of the interaction between CM, TM, and Qua?

MS, what do you think of the reasoning and focus TM is showing so far?

Qua, you've already posted 6 7 times this game, and at a glance, for all it's RVS-timing and could be RVS-intentioned, TM seems to be calling for your elimination.  You may later see reason to discuss, and discuss a lot, yet I see you're mostly posting 1 liners, and even posted back-to-back just 2 minutes apart, again a 1 liner.

What's your strategy and reasoning on how you're posting, do you see any issue with possibly 'running through your posts too early' and being unable to discuss as we get into the more intense part of the day, possibly with people needing to hear more from you then?

so Imp, hi? If you're chilling good job, but even for you this silence is starting to weird me out. How do you feel about the 25 post limit? I don't think you need to be scared to the point of going completely mute..

It weighs a lot on my mind, it's very unnatural to me.  It's good training, and I appreciate web putting it in the game because it affects all of us equally, even if some of us are affected more by our habits.  We've still got 55 hours left, but it sure is making me want to watch and think even more than usual.  What about you?  When might you 'ration' your messages, and what effect do you think your posting frequency may have on you moving towards your wincon?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15