Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: What if Michelle Bachmann were president?  (Read 17431 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: What if Michelle Bachmann were president?
« Reply #135 on: June 01, 2013, 06:46:32 pm »

I've been to the U.K. and I like it there. And anyway, Canada is way too close if things get really fucked up. But meh, Sweden wouldn't be a bad choice either.

You have been deceived, it's shit, honestly.
Did you just say someone's experiance was a lie? As in not what they've been told, but what they've seen? That leads to some interesting follow up questions.

But as always, the best one is "Who you going to believe, me, or your own stinkin' lyin' eyes?".
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 01, 2013, 06:58:42 pm »

Visiting and living in a country are completely different, particularly when it comes to government and politics. I'd assume Owlbread's beef was with the government of the UK, not necessarily the culture or whatever, which is difficult for a visitor to perceive (especially since the government is so heavy handed in giving visitors a positive impression).

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 01, 2013, 09:11:15 pm »

Did you just say someone's experiance was a lie? As in not what they've been told, but what they've seen? That leads to some interesting follow up questions.

But as always, the best one is "Who you going to believe, me, or your own stinkin' lyin' eyes?".

I do hope you realise I'm not being serious.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 01, 2013, 09:38:54 pm »

I do hope you realise I'm not being serious.
In general it is safer to take people seriously and be made a fool of instead take things as jokes and fall in with mad-men.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 05, 2013, 12:53:50 pm »

i was watching the Colbert Report this morning and he said that Michelle Bachmann stepped down from office.
is this true?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 05, 2013, 01:10:06 pm »

i was watching the Colbert Report this morning and he said that Michelle Bachmann stepped down from office.
is this true?
She hasn't stepped down, she just announced she won't seek re-election. Although it's an understandable mistake, since tons of pundits and whatnot are treating it as though she's leaving right now. Probably because with a two-year term, once you announce you're not running for re-election you're an instant lame duck.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 05, 2013, 01:23:47 pm »

is this true?
She hasn't stepped down, she just announced she won't seek re-election. Although it's an understandable mistake, since tons of pundits and whatnot are treating it as though she's leaving right now. Probably because with a two-year term, once you announce you're not running for re-election you're an instant lame duck.
ohhkay.
yea my only source for u.s politics that i actively watch arethe daily show and the colbert report. so not the most reliable but i watch them for the laughs not for news.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 05, 2013, 01:42:21 pm »

I watched the Colbert bit too. Jesus. I had no idea she was that functionally challenged when it comes to the English language. You'd think she would have hired a speech writer with a firm grasp of subject/object agreement.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 05, 2013, 01:44:42 pm »

I watched the Colbert bit too. Jesus. I had no idea she was that functionally challenged when it comes to the English language. You'd think she would have hired a speech writer with a firm grasp of subject/object agreement.
i know she was worse then bush.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 05, 2013, 03:07:01 pm »

It's really a shame. Had she ran again a New England Democrat could have won against her with how unpopular she was. Now it'll be a marginally-less-crazy Republican in her seat.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 05, 2013, 03:10:58 pm »

I think a better thread question might be "What if Jesse Ventura was president"?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 03:15:32 pm by Owlbread »

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 05, 2013, 04:40:03 pm »

I think a better thread question might be "What if Jesse Ventura was president of Russia"?
Ftfy

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 05, 2013, 04:51:31 pm »

Can you imagine how amazing that would be?

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 05, 2013, 05:12:33 pm »

Very.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 05, 2013, 05:21:36 pm »

I often wonder if Mr. Ventura has injected steroids directly into his vocal chords.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11