Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Manager's task list  (Read 697 times)

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Manager's task list
« on: August 18, 2006, 11:14:00 am »

There seem to be some inconsistencies with the manager's task list. First I couldn't find an entry for making totems. Then I found it was possible to make various obsidian (or dark stone perhaps) weapons. I ordered an obsidian spear and it showed up in a craftdwarf's shop. I can't remember seeing the option of making all these obsidian weapons from the craftshop's list. Then I found it's possible to make bolts of metal, but I haven't seen those available in the smithy.

karnot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Manager's task list
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 11:16:00 am »

Theres also no farming !

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 12:01:00 pm »

I've heard that metal bolts were supposed to be available but for some buggy reason aren't normally. Although the vast amount of obsidian weapons was most likely not intended. But hey, treat it as an extra advantage to having a manager. I personally found his work methods too random (I set some things to higher priority but the order turns out random at the workshops).

GauHelldragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 03:27:00 pm »

There's no leather armor either, but there is "leather chain mail" and "leather platemail" ... whatever that is.

karnot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 03:52:00 pm »

I can imagine leather chain mail, but i dont think its much of an armor.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 02:42:00 am »

Wow...  that sounds pretty bad, like the manager turned into some kind of goth bondage master...  so...  I'll check that out.  You can do metal bolts at the forge in the new version (101.19a).
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 03:03:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Toady One:
<STRONG>Wow...  that sounds pretty bad, like the manager turned into some kind of goth bondage master...  so...  I'll check that out.  You can do metal bolts at the forge in the new version (101.19a).</STRONG>

What, you mean like the Sheriff that turns up and immediately complains there aren't enough chains, ropes and cages?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2006, 04:02:00 am »

Well, you can tell by the axe that that one's into the rougher stuff.  Leather chainmail is pretty light.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!