Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: You Are Bring Rope, Retconjurer (formerly You Are Not Rincewind). Day 4.  (Read 12989 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: A CYOMA: You Are Not Rincewind, Day 1
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2012, 02:45:15 pm »

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry that I don't make mere explosions, and instead warp the very fabric of the plot to my will, and am not, in fact, a dime a dozen and instead a millennial rarity. Terribly sorry." Trolling grin. "What, I can't take a stroll around?"

(Where is everyone? I don't want to be the only one playing this. Not because it's bad, but because I have a hard time in situations like this EX: talking.)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 02:46:47 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: A CYOMA: You Are Not Rincewind, Day 1
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2012, 03:27:12 pm »

[I have no idea. I'd like more people because great ideas happen when multiple people post.]

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: A CYOMA: You Are Not Rincewind, Day 1 (Starts Page 2. Open!)
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2012, 02:27:18 pm »

[Would it be better if I put up a dialog tree? >.> ]

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2012, 02:46:28 pm »

With the deficit of players? Yes.

As soon as we get a few regulars we should switch back.

Keep an [Other] category though, in case I/we think of something clever, but never give us a wheel where every option leads to failure except the [Other]
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2012, 03:01:41 pm »

[Okay then!]

You open your mouth and say..

a) "Bahahaha! If you can't even kill me with a sneak attack, what good would your training do?", then wave at the kids around him.

(You suspect this answer will cause him to attack you point-blank.)

b) "Look, I know we're rivals, but you have your gifts and I have mine. Superior beings such as ourselves are above such petty concerns - whatever you have to teach, I'll learn."

c) the words to an attack spell

(This WILL cause a fight!)

d) "Actually, I got sent to take one of your more promising students under my wing. The headmaster is concerned about the way you treat your students, and thinks that Porkchop has the potential to be a Plot Wizard, too."

e) [other]

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2012, 03:21:44 pm »

By process of elimination, I'll take a version of B that doesn't quite sound so nicey nicey, but still gets the general feel across.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 03:26:52 pm by dermonster »

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2012, 11:41:21 pm »

start b then say c under your breath.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2012, 06:08:52 pm »

You attempt to reason with Irritating Nemesis...

[Roll(1d20)+6:
1,+6
Total:7

I swear I'm not railroading! D:]

...but it would appear that he would have none of that "diplomacy" stuff coming from you.

"Bah! Here's the first lesson, called-"

FWOOSH!

Fortunately, one of the voices inside your head suggested that discretion was the better part of valor, and you quietly muttered something ominous at the end of your sentence.

[Roll(1d20)+7:
12,+7
Total:19]

The fireball blossoms around you, and while the heat kisses your skin, all it manages to do is make you look totally badass as you walk out of the flames, completely unharmed, swinging your half-brick-in-a-sock around as pretty much everyone stops what they're doing to look at you, awe-struck and in some cases, with a respectful nod.

You're pretty sure you can take Irritating Nemesis, assuming you hit harder. He has more Magic than you do, so a long battle would work in his favor, not yours.

Code: [Select]
Magic: 7+1 spells/day
[Informal profile of IrritatingNemesis on hand if requested! :D ]
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 06:11:25 pm by Ross Vernal »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2012, 06:21:13 pm »

[I'll take {List of what plot magic actually does.} for 500, Ross.)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2012, 08:54:44 pm »

Take the fire behind you, and form it into a massive pheonix. Then direct it directly at him. While we do this, rush him, so that when we attack him, the flames blind him from seeing our strike.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2012, 09:23:29 pm »

[The ability to cast whatever spell the plot happens to call for at the moment it is needed without otherwise knowing it, or even knowing it is needed at all.

A general grasp of magic.

Unconscious retconjuration for easy respawning when death happens. This time, you ARE the Cosmic Retcon. I do not count this as magic/day, just as an automatic ability.

The ability to re-roll a spell for two additional spells - one to retcon, one to re-cast.

The ability to cast about in the past and in places you technically didn't exist and muck about with things, with the ability to change certain things. Like, let's say you are being attacked by ten armored soldiers. You Retconjure it so the shipment of supplies is a day late, so there are fewer, more poorly-equipped soldiers. Out of food? Carry some oak acorns. Jump back a hundred years, plant the acorn, come back, and there's an acorn oak and squirrels running around. Given enough time and practice, you basically become a reality warper.

Basically, the ability to change the plot. The more powerful you are, the more plot you can force to be in your favor.

This does not mean you get to jump back and un-make a bad choice later, mind you.]

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2012, 09:59:39 pm »

Retcon a bucket of water so the ground at his feet is muddy and slippery. Charge forth and whack 'im one o'er the head.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2012, 11:21:33 pm »

Retcon him have been gicing faulty protection gear that has world just up to this point and... weeelll I think the plot can take it from here.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2012, 11:36:06 pm »

Retcon our nemesis relationship into a healthy rivalry.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2012, 12:25:40 am »

We can retcon things and suddenly everyone floods in.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11