Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Phoebus & TWBT: Can't get transparency to work  (Read 1660 times)

Lummox JR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BYOND
Phoebus & TWBT: Can't get transparency to work
« on: March 07, 2021, 10:17:56 pm »

I've just installed 0.47.05 and installed Phoebus with TWBT 6.xx, folllowing the instructions for Phoebus. But I'm not seeing any item transparency so I can't see the floors beneath objects. What am I doing wrong?

1) I unzipped Phoebus-master.zip into a separate directory.
2) I copied data/twbt_art into data/art, etc. within the Phoebus directory.
3) I then copied all the data and raw files over to DF, except that with some of the init files I used WinMerge to change only the changes from Phoebus.
4) I installed TWBT.

TWBT and Phoebus are both working, but there's no multilayered rendering. Did I do something wrong?

Edit: I took a closer look at a screenshot and it appears maybe this is normal. Some of the objects that look like they aren't multilayered actually are, but there are some that definitely are not. Guessing that things like wheelbarrows don't have transparency?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 10:24:39 pm by Lummox JR »

defianturist

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Phoebus & TWBT: Can't get transparency to work
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 12:17:25 am »

Edit: I took a closer look at a screenshot and it appears maybe this is normal. Some of the objects that look like they aren't multilayered actually are, but there are some that definitely are not. Guessing that things like wheelbarrows don't have transparency?
Really? I just checked it out, and while on the stairs or stockpile, the wheelbarrows do have their transparency since I can see the outline of the stairs and the stockpile. Check the tileset you're using on an image editor with alpha channel, and see if the wheelbarrow tiles have black or white areas around them. Simply erase those pixels.
Check this image from the dfwiki to see what dark, light, and transparent pixels do.
https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/File:Tileset-color-processing.png

thurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Phoebus & TWBT: Can't get transparency to work
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 07:02:23 pm »

unit transparency is off by default, so unless your LNP or init files turn it on you'll probably need to run

Code: [Select]
twbt unit_transparency 1
in dfhack console to turn it on.