Advanced search  

Poll

What is our next course of action?

Colonize the HFS
Flood the HFS with more undead birds
Both
What is the HFS?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Silentthunders - We have struck spoilers  (Read 24286 times)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Silentthunders - We have struck spoilers
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2014, 04:47:59 pm »

Collapse something on top of that chamber.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2014, 07:40:00 pm »

So... got a plan to retake that chamber and deanimate everything in it? Because you're sure as hell going to need to if you want to see FPS above 10 again.
Before digging the spire my FPS was 2. Now it's 1. I haven't really noticed much of a change.

Regarding the above spoiler:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Awesome fort, by the way. Definitely an inspiration to anyone who wants to make fully-developed megaforts. I don't think I could take the FPS :P
It's the one downside of Megafortness, to be sure. I might one day just go through a list of all the things I can do to improve FPS - I once managed to make the Fort go to 3 FPS, it was like light speeds compared to what I normally experienced :P
I won't be obsidianizing the battleground, or collapsing anything on them. The corpses and the necromancer are very valuable, there are also FB corpses in their number which I would preferably like to see relocated to HFS. Worst case scenario I'll flush them into HFS with a flood or just try and get some marksdwarves on the right side of the fortifications and shoot them to pieces, but that's a last resort. I have to be very careful with digging around that area, it sits beneath a cavern lake and I don't want to give the clowns access to the cavern world.

Judging from the poll results and how things are going, Necromancer Kogan and his undead factory can be left alone in the spire as long as he keeps the clowns out. The #1 priority is now getting a strike team onto the ground to establish a beachhead for the colony.
Silentthunders will finally get to deploy her secret soldiers; the werecivets are readying for battle.

*EDIT
Missed one of your questions:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 08:36:53 pm by Loud Whispers »

omega_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Architect, Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2014, 01:10:15 am »

Well, have fun with that FPS! This might well be the slowest colonization effort ever attempted XD

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]