Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My Dwarves are taking my adamantine strands to the hospital! How do i stop this?  (Read 1922 times)

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile

Title says it all, please help!

Trance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Make non adamatine threads. Such as cloth or silk.

Dwarven health is the top most priority. And besides, Adamatine makes wounded dwarves more valuable.

Kylarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

See if you can get steel bars or adamantine wafers there as well for surgery

We can rebuild him, we have the technology. He'll be more prone to madness, able to trance longer and quicker to get socks.
He is...
The ¤20.000.000 Urist McBionicDorf
You mean the ability to have endless training dummies, a carpet of eyestalks and tendrills, and a plant that both makes for some good grizzled sea man hard liquor AND the ability to turn your dwarves into the Night´s Watch...not reward enough?

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile

To get around this problem, try setting up a stockpile for metal thread (this means only adamantine strands will go in this stockpile), link it to your craftsdwarf workshop and set the stockpile to only accept from links, and to take from the craftsdwarf workshop.

If that doesn't work, then go to the hospital and manually dump all the adamantine strands. Reclaim them once the coffers in your hospital zone are completely filled with yarn, silk and/or plant threads. This works much faster, and prevents the adamantine strands from being used for suturing. Do you have any injured dwarves?

See if you can get steel bars or adamantine wafers there as well for surgery

We can rebuild him, we have the technology. He'll be more prone to madness, able to trance longer and quicker to get socks.
He is...
The ¤20.000.000 Urist McBionicDorf
You can't lol. The only reason why this is happening is because adamantine thread can be used for suturing, and the dwarves will haul more valuable thread to the hospital first - since adamantine is so valuable, it goes in there first.
Still, I appreciate the bionic dwarf humour :)
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."