Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Three Vampires: The Fall of Angerballs  (Read 1651 times)

OtaconPliskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Three Vampires: The Fall of Angerballs
« on: August 24, 2012, 02:41:53 am »

Notes I took during play/after dissection in Legends mode

--------Angerballs (Ustosbiban)---------
Area details:
Temperate Shrubland
Temperature: Warm
Trees: Woodland
Other Vegetation: Moderate
Surroundings: Untamed Wilds
Some soil
Deep metals

Starting year: 254
Dwarven Civilization: The Raw Sack
Fortress name: Angerballs (Ustosbiban)
Group name: Beerchildren (Ucattilat)
Artifacts: Atir Urmin "The Dye Of Swimming" (A perfect citrine crafted by Udib Riddlelabors, Mosus (solozalath) drained her of blood a year later)
Vampires: Nil (Rulak Amecdoto)
          Mosus (Solozalath Gusilgeth Kulet)
          Libash (Bil Meadjest, and he was a vampire in  Cagepaddle, one of my former abandoned fortresses)
     Asen (Rimtar Tombcraft, never killed anyone in Angerballs and was never suspected of being a vampire. Only knew due to historical records.)   

Mayor/former expedition leader- Udil Guzakrul
Married to Rovod Minedchannel
Children: Bembul Clinchedglazes and Moldath Spearshove.
(She loves thrones and bracelets and constantly mandated their
production)

Goblin Siege/End of fortress: Approx 22nd Timber 256

Final Survivor: Rakust Uthmikdishmab

______________THE FALL OF ANGERBALLS_______________________________________________________
All of this actually happened with added dramatic flair here and there for the sake of making it a good read.
That's why this game is epic.

27th Moonstone 256

Rakust Uthmikdishmab has been miserable lately. She is sixty-seven years old, born on the 26th of Opal in the year 189. She is short. Her very long hair is tied in a pony tail. Her silver eyes are bulgin. She has very low cheekbones, and a narrow chin. Her ears are splayed out. Her lips are very thin. Her nose is slightly upturned. Her hair is tan. Her skin is pink.

She is the final survivor of the fortress Angerballs, and the final member of the "Beerchildren".
Madness has set in. Rakust has gone beserk. Four stories in the air, a tower lies half constructed. What was to be her foothold into history, is soon becoming her grave. While constructing the newest addition to the structure, a goblin siege engulfed the settlement. She became trapped during the construction, a minor oversight that could of easily been corrected. Due to the lax military program of the fort, every able bodied adult was drafted into action. Rakust was forced to watch from above as everyone she grew to know, work with, and love was slaughtered before her helpless eyes.

Seven dwarves set out for fame and fortune, something we've all heard before.
The dwarven settlement of Angerballs was founded by a group known as "Beerchildren" in the year 254. Quickly, the settlement established a lucrative farming system. Despite the lack of variety, there was enough food and booze to go around with no worries of running out. Udil Guzakrul, the expedition leader, rose to become mayor. Her only vices were  bracelets and thrones, and the dwarves were happy to provide for her. She was very happily married to Rovod Minedchannel, and came to have two children in the fort, Bembul Clinchedglazes and Moldath Spearshove. The dwarves ate, drank, and were merry. Many children were born in the settlement. Many crafts were manufactured, and the construction of a tower in honor of the settlement begun.
     However, no community is without its skeletons. Elven traders were greeted into the settlement with open arms and friendly smiles, and than subsequently murdered and robbed. Worse yet, there was a known vampire problem that was essentially ignored. Though the vampires were found, and sentanced to death--The executioner would have a change of heart on the date of execution. (Mostly due to him not being able to find his hammer.....Dwarves..) Three known vampires called the settlement home. Libash Tiristakath, Nil Logemkathil, and Mosus Mebzuthmorul. The murders were so few and far between that it became something more of a neccesary evil than a problem, and they were swept under the rug. Libash was stricken with depression, and stopped killing completely. It looked as if Mosus and Nil had fallen suit, and than a new blood drained body showed up.
    People wanted answers, the settlement grew tired of the coverups. Nil had gotten so bold with the carelessness of the justice system that he took his victim in front of many witnesses. This proved to be the final straw, Nil was sentances to 201 days in prison while a more permanent solution was thought of.
   Despite not being part of the crime, Mosus was sent into a room to await being walled inside.
Libash, on the otherhand; Was deemed harmless due to his mental afflictions. But the lack of a sentance would soon not matter.

Nil was dragged to the jail by a part-time security guard, and full time farmer by the name of Larry Mylastname. Nil was not pleased with his surroundings, desolate and lonely. He longed for the freedom he once enjoyed just minutes ago.
   Mosus, on the otherhand--Was not about to go out without one last hurrah. As soon as the mason arrived, she slipped over to a dormitory shared by nobles and struck at an unlucky individual resting with her child on one of the beds. Knowing of her intentions, a squad of volunteer militia rushed to the room. They barged into the room a second too late, and arrived to nothing more than a corpse, a traumatized child, and a very clearly guilty vampire. Interestingly enough, the bed was an unassigned bed, and Mosus's attempt at a meaningful rebellion was nothing more than a common farmer. Mosus was ordered back to the room in which she was to be sealed into for all of eternity.
   She began the long, desolate walk to her inevitable madness. She knew that this time, there was no way out..

"A vile force of darkness has arrived!"

It was a siege. Every able bodied adult in the fortress was called the arms.
Mosus dawned her armor and grabbed a sword.
She would soon be among the first casualties in the bloody massacre of Angerballs.
A siege was among the last things on the minds of the Beerchildren, and as such no military training took place.
Angerballs faced one siege before this, but it was either a very small force, or a very timid force.
Every last able bodied adult was drafted into active duty, and sent to the front door. The enemy force was driven away in minutes.
This would not be the case.

Just like the first siege, every citizen took up arms and took to the main entrance, the only other way into the fortress was flooded and sealed off a year prior.
It was a slaughter. Seemingly endless waves of goblins clashed at the main entrance. What was once a peaceful and serene grassland overlooking a stream, was turned into a sea of blood and carnage. Mosus rushed outside, she knew she was damned either way. She began slashing and stabbing as the goblin force surrounded her. Four goblins fell to her sword before she perished. The citizens of Angerballs fought valiantly, but the goblin forces eventually broke through into the fortress.
   The fortress had one last hope, some able bodied citizens were still alive, and despite losing the battle at the main entrance there was still one final chokepoint before the enemy forces would reach the rest of the fortress. A small hallway lined with bedrooms between the dining hall and the main entrance. The last of the militia dug in. A bloody battle ensued, but the goblin force was too strong. The militia had fallen.
   The goblin force flooded the fortress, Libash, the resident depressed vampire, was too depressed to join the initial fight. He was found in the fortress dining room, cornered, and stabbed to death.
A few straggling militiamen, and the children began to fall back into a hallway on the far end of the dining hall. This hallway emptied out into the fortress catacombs. The already injured militiamen quickly fell to the goblins. The children were shown no mercy.

Nil Logemkathil sat in his restraints, listening to the screams and the cries. He knew what was coming. Footsteps approached him, his impending doom was coming.
A dwarven child turned the corner. It was in this defining moment that Nil redeemed himself. Nil called the child over to him, and told him to stay put. Though he knew that his life was over, he hoped for the childs sake that they wouldn't come this far, it was afterall--the farthest point of the fortress, the last place untouched by the menace.
     More footsteps approached, the goblins had found them. The child retreated to the corner, and the goblins surrounded Nil. During the initial struggle, he was broken free of his bonds. Surrounded by enemies, Nil fought with every last ounce of his strength. It wasn't enough, the prison became soaked in blood. The battle was over.

Rakust Uthmikdishmab has been miserable lately. She is sixty-seven years old, born on the 26th of Opal in the year 189. She is short. Her very long hair is tied in a pony tail. Her silver eyes are bulgin. She has very low cheekbones, and a narrow chin. Her ears are splayed out. Her lips are very thin. Her nose is slightly upturned. Her hair is tan. Her skin is pink.
    She is the final survivor of the fortress Angerballs, and the final member of the "Beerchildren".
Madness has set in. Rakust has gone beserk. Four stories in the air, a tower lies half constructed. What was to be her foothold into history, is soon becoming her grave. While constructing the newest addition to the structure, a goblin siege engulfed the settlement. She became trapped during the construction, a minor oversight that could of easily been corrected. Due to the lax military program of the fort, every able bodied adult was drafted into action. Rakust was forced to watch from above as everyone she grew to know, work with, and love was slaughtered before her helpless eyes.

Rakust Uthmikdishmab has gone beserk. She either succumbed to a combination of thirst and hunger, or jumped to her death.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 04:57:32 am by OtaconPliskin »

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
Re: Three Vampires: The Fall of Angerballs
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 01:45:40 pm »

I love this game.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

OtaconPliskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 02:44:21 pm »

I love this game.

I find that in most games I obsess over, I spend half my time reading about the game and nerding out about the backstory. The beauty of this game is that half of the satisfaction actually involves that, and all of it is randomly generated and emergent. Outstanding.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 04:25:17 pm »

Wow. That's impressive.

Why are my fortresses never this cool?
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

OtaconPliskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 07:36:34 pm »

Wow. That's impressive.

Why are my fortresses never this cool?

Thank you! :) I can attest the end (And the beginning of my story) to stupid dwarven building, but what really impressed me was during the final moments when in my game, the tethered vampire had "called a meeting" (with the only attendant being the dwarven child). Why would he do this, I'll never REALLY truly know; but I'd like to think he had some sort of final dignified moment. :P I love how emergent this game is!

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 07:16:44 am »

well I think he wanted redemption for the crimes he comited throughout his immortal life. Of course he didn't realise Armok aproves of slughter and by saving the chiled he was damned to the furnace of creation as fule.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 08:12:31 am by Sprin »
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

OtaconPliskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 12:24:58 am »

well I think he wanted redemption for the crimes he comited throughout his immortal life. Of course he didn't realise Armok aproves of slughter and by saving the chiled he was damned to the furnace of creation as fule.

Hm..But in a dwarfs mind; wouldn't being another cog in the machine be something of a valhalla? IE: Being fuel for the furnace of creation is sort of akin to what dwarves are while their alive.