Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Emotions are undwarvenly (0.40.15)  (Read 2950 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: Emotions are undwarvenly (0.40.15)
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2014, 09:25:11 pm »

Like in all the movies when machines slowly become self aware and proceed to wipe out humanity, Dwarves are slowly becoming elves, and proceeding to mope around the place complaining about their life problems.

Evolution at work.
We must hope that some force comes to purge the mopey dwarves from the fortresses... perhaps something bringing weapons and removing children to desensitize the dwarves to the horrors of the fortress...

The Bard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2014, 09:45:35 pm »

On the other hand, I am concerned that my Squad Captain, who was awakened to being punched in the head repeatedly by a berserk Doctor and whose first reaction was to shoot him in the freaking eye; felt nothing at seeing him him die.

This despite the fact that she shot him in the eye and his SKULL EXPLODED.

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2014, 09:47:55 pm »

I can relate. Being woken up sucks.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2014, 10:57:54 pm »

On the other hand, I am concerned that my Squad Captain, who was awakened to being punched in the head repeatedly by a berserk Doctor and whose first reaction was to shoot him in the freaking eye; felt nothing at seeing him him die.

This despite the fact that she shot him in the eye and his SKULL EXPLODED.
I can imagine there's a sign on her door, saying "Keep away, I kill while dreaming."
Put the crossbow under the pillow and shakes her head: "People never learn...", then fell asleep again.

The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!
Pages: 1 [2]