Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fortress Mode exploration  (Read 424 times)

Khorinis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fortress Mode exploration
« on: April 22, 2014, 03:48:27 am »

I think it would be nice if you could send out your dwarves to spy out goblin camps or to conquer them, or other stuff like sending traders, and you can watch them travel, so what i mean is basically access to the whole world.

Manveru Taurënér

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode exploration
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 04:26:50 am »

All that and a thousand times more is already planned. The next release is laying much of the groundwork for it so we'll hopefully be seeing more and more of this with each following release, probably starting with taverns and off-site visitors to your fortress.

Khorinis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 04:32:38 am »

do you by any chance know when the next version is released?

Manveru Taurënér

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 04:37:47 am »

There's no set date, since the 2 last estimates (march of last year, and then last winter iirc) kind of missed the mark a bit. Going by the devlog though Toady only has 1 last feature to finish up, which shouldn't take more than a few days most likely, and then there's a bugfixing period which could last anywhere between a few weeks to a few months :>

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 07:14:55 am »

Going by the devlog though Toady only has 1 last feature to finish up, which shouldn't take more than a few weeks most likely, and then there's a bugfixing period which could last anywhere between a few months to a few years :>
FTFY
but seriously, you will be able to sned out not only spies, but in theory direct whole armies with dwarves sourced from many sites as well as god knows what other kind of things you could send out (I think there's a mention somewhere of sending people out to build roads or bridges or other off site things) but I believe those features are far off.  But then again, who knows what the content focus will be after this release?
also goblins don't have camps they have dark fortresses (aka towers).  Maybe you're thinking of kobolds
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness