Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Minimally IGYNPADCA RTD  (Read 2713 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Minimally IGYNPADCA RTD
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2014, 01:37:08 am »

I'm not sure any of you understand the rules, but I'll have to watch to see what loopholes you discover.
Obviously this is my alt, a chance to experiment with a different power set.  ::) What kind of idiot would use a hybrid class if they didn't know what they were doing? I've already brought seven characters to the top tiers, I just wanted to see what kind of untargetable, magic spewing monstrosity I could make. Pretty sure pairing the Slight flaw with the keen perk, stacking it with Hand Only and City Slicker puts my evasion stat in the quadruple digits at the start. And putting the Nexus perk onto a character that's already magically talented is a gimme. I can use the Wealthy perk and the City Slicker subtype to get extra drops and money, which I can use to grab extra and powerful blood to power the Hemomancer boosts. Being frail and fragile is no problem, while they may stack with the penalties from being skeletal, I don't plan on ever being in melee range, and the Death Knight aspect of my class allows me to ignore most attacks if I do get into melee range; this is on top of pumping my mana through the roof, and being able to use it as hitpoints and vice versa. There are far more mana boosting items than max health items, so once I do a few quests to grab those, I'll be indestructible.

Oh, speaking of indestructible, a mid-tier power of the Soul Slayer is to create unique items that make you indestructible as long as they remain undestroyed. You have to keep them in range, equipped to yourself or a party member, for them to work, but the Nexus perk again comes in handy. Once I get the power and create the items, the range on all my spells is far increased, including on my Soul Slayer items. I could equip it to an NPC Companion, leave the companion safely in a city, and travel three cities away before it's power would wear off. Of course, I'd have to survive to that point, but I've picked a pretty survivable setup to begin with, wouldn't you say?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2014, 01:41:31 am »

I'm not sure any of you understand the rules, but I'll have to watch to see what loopholes you discover.
What do you mean? I managed to create a character both min/maxed for stats and with cohesive roleplayability. Considering how broken I hear some class/race combinations are, I wouldn't want to be stuck with a lousy character after the nerfs. Also, have you even looked at Just Drivin' By or Just Shoot Him? The plain audacity of those moves is a must.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2014, 01:50:26 am »

Oh yeah, that reminds me. Which edition is this game going to be based on?

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2014, 01:53:26 am »

Myself, I based it on 5th edition. Hard classic and everything. Also, plenty of various modifications.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

blazing glory

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2014, 02:02:05 am »

It's a pity that the game only has one quest.
Pages: 1 2 [3]