Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Attacked a weird bandit camp, then got killed by elves in a hamlet. What?  (Read 1039 times)

RoanHighlandsMan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Attacked a bandit camp where none of the bandits fought back as a group, they would only defend themselves after they were attacked individually.

And then when I went into a nearby hamlet I was attacked by a gang of elves. At first it was a fistfight, but when they started to beat a companion of mine to death I started chopping limbs off. Then they fled and as I was leaving another group killed me. What gives? What happened?

The hamlet isn't an elf-owned settlement either, nor anywhere near an elf settlement.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Attacked a weird bandit camp, then got killed by elves in a hamlet. What?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 01:56:57 pm »

Are you sure it was a bandit camp? Don't get them confused with refugee camps! :)
()==[:::::::::::::>

Borge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 03:30:30 am »

Sounds to me like you just slaughtered a camp of refugees, you monster.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 03:41:18 am »

roflmao
It reminds me of the childkiller title from fallout series.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

The Dorfmeister

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorlak
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 10:18:23 am »

But refugees can be bandits too I think. In my current world, the dwarven race was nearly extinct. Only two or three camps with a handful of dwarves left. The last survivors, as all fortresses and hillocks and even caves of this civ got ruined by a war with elves, orcs, goblins and duergar (my game is heavy modded).

In Legends mode, all of the camp sites were labeled as "Bandit camps" and the inhabitants behaved much like criminals. As i started a new fortress to repopulate the world with dwarves, my migrants came actually from these camps, but in Legends mode they are referred to as "refugees". So, they can be both: Refugees and survivors of a destroyed civilization, who turned to banditry out of hunger or so I think.
GORLAK: A small, round humanoid found wandering the caves deep underground. Most of its body is taken up by a huge tusked mouth. Its skin is goldenrod, its eyes are red.

Dwarves admire Gorlaks for their impressive tusks, stimulating conversations and helpful guidances.