Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Human caravan crashes the game (in 6.2)  (Read 1860 times)

kayanme

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
The Human caravan crashes the game (in 6.2)
« on: December 30, 2014, 10:31:57 am »

Do not know if it happens due to Masterwork, but it does.
The first Human (only Human) caravan (after Trader's Guild been built) crashes the game, with DFHack or not.
Any solution/workaround?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: The Human caravan crashes the game (in 6.2)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 10:36:33 am »

How do you know this? Can you upload the save? Have you tried running the save without dfhack?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kayanme

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 10:55:08 am »

How do you know this?
Doing this a couple of dozens times and watching the last lines in gamelog just before the crash. :) "The guild representative has arrived... caravan has arrived". Hardly it's not the reason.

Can you upload the save?
Surely.

Have you tried running the save without dfhack?
Of course. I tried a lot of things. The one thing that saved me once was a huge Human siege forced by dfhack, which made caravan not to come, but also made my whole village fight between each other in a civil war. :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 11:02:51 am »

Thanks, that info already helps. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kayanme

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 01:24:26 pm »

Tested. I can reproduce the crash and it appears that you have the so called Nemesis Bug. Its not mod related, not even linked to the caravan. Its the diplomat. He is a historical figure from worldgen and got corrupted. As soon as he enters the map, the game tries to create the actual creature to fit the historical figure, cant do that, and crashes.

The "nemesis unit load failed" error specifically means that the game attempted to load the Unit information (skills, personality, inventory, injuries, etc.) for a particular historical figure (as indicated in its "Nemesis" record) from a specific unit-*.dat file but failed, presumably due to said file being missing or corrupted (or simply not containing a unit at the expected slot).

As far as I know its not fixable. I'll keep my eyes open for other reports about crashes including human caravan/diplomat arrivals, but so far this is the only one.

kayanme

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2014, 01:57:55 pm »

Does it matter that previous arrivals (without caravan, guild repr only) were successful?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2014, 02:08:07 pm »

No. These were the caravan and a different noble, the liaison. Both arrived and the save is fine, according to the gamelog. First comes the liaison, good... caravan, good... diplomant, crash.

kayanme

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 03:11:31 pm »

Some experimental issues:

the problem was from the very beginning - even in the first save dfhack "force caravan PLAINS" crashed eveything.
starting a new fortress (after dropping this one) and using this command were OK. Looks like, it was just the site's problem, so the one can check his embarkment in this way to avoid future sadness :(
abandoning fortress and then reclaiming it had the caravan test passed, so it became my little solution.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2014, 03:19:07 pm »

If I were you, I'd generate a new world. If its truly a corrupted historical figure, there is no telling if other historical figures in the same world are not also corrupted.

If the problem persists in a new world, please post about it. Because in that case it might be another issue, one that I could fix.