Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there a way to play a specific person for adventurer?  (Read 3428 times)

peli082

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is there a way to play a specific person for adventurer?
« on: April 29, 2021, 07:28:46 am »

As the title says. I made a adventurer fort meaning I made a fort, made an adventurer from that immediately and expelled everyone except for my adventurer. I plan to make a family but say my adventurer died is there a way to play the children? (when they grow up ofcourse)

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a way to play a specific person for adventurer?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 08:28:41 am »

but say my adventurer died is there a way to play the children? (when they grow up ofcourse)

DFHack has a "unretire-anyone" command, which should do the trick.

(Just in case: you'll also have to use DFHack to change your adventurer's orientation so that they can have children in the first place.)

peli082

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 08:34:57 am »

Nice, thanks. Yea i just discovered recently that i need to use the fix-ster command to make my adventurer fertile. I wondered for hours why he is not reaching lover stage.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 08:41:36 am »

Adventurers do not have sexuality as far as I know and cannot start families. I think rumrusher have mystical ways of making them fertile but they are far above my paygrade. The only way I know is to play as a female adventurer and to make her pregnant using dfhack. fix-ster will not work

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 10:07:22 am »

I've managed to get retired adventurers marry in fort mode after changing their orientation with gui/gm-editor, but can't say if they would've gotten any kids as they got ripped to shreds by an undead horde soon after their marriage.

Since then the few attempts I've had have failed. I'm suspecting that them being from the same adventurer party had something to do with it (the ones I got to marry were from separate groups, iirc).

rake2005

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2021, 02:39:57 am »

I believe there is a DFHack script that allows this, called unretire-anyone should work for what you want.