Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Oh, Sweet Armok, the Spiders  (Read 4843 times)

Pirate Santa

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
Re: Oh, Sweet Armok, the Spiders
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2015, 05:48:52 am »

I encourage wolf spiders to take up residence to help discourage their presence.
I encourage huntsman spiders for the same reason: They tend to predate on other spiders. Very useful trait. Their bite is painful, but not life threatening, and if we have them living high on our walls, we leave them there, with the hope they'll do us a favour.
Daddy long-legs can be handy for that too. I tend to get them in undisturbed corners of my bedroom.
Welcome to Dwarf Fortress. Where peaceful death of old age is something nobody sees coming.
it turns out Dog Bone Doctors aren't very good at doctoring.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Oh, Sweet Armok, the Spiders
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2015, 06:52:57 am »

Helped the gf get over various stages of her issues with insects and spiders in part because of the regularity you encounter recluses in Memphis.

"Here we have one of the few actually dangerous critters smaller than your hand in the area." *points to it on the wall*

"I guarantee you if we got in a fight and he got a good bite in, I'd be freaking out." *moves finger a bit closer*

"Luckily and unfortunately, this little dude wants nothing to do with me, and would much rather shimmy up the arm of that jacket hanging there on the wall." *puts finger on the wall near the spider, it rather casually turns and creeps away as inconspicuously as it can manage*

"What sucks is, I can't let him go, because I can't risk him biting one of us, but it is hard to not feel bad when faced with a shy spider you have to kill anyways."
Pages: 1 2 [3]