Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Arks Race - Tokari: Ark Anvil (Jump 1, Revision)  (Read 12023 times)

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
Re: Arks Race - Tokari: Ark Anvil (Jump 1, Revision)
« Reply #165 on: July 21, 2018, 11:36:25 am »

That sounds good. I think the Saker is fine - it functions as it is supposed to, which is a precision laser. The other 3 dice can be spent on fixing the Kestral's targeting, making the Stellarator less volatile, and some cheap armour.
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 21, 2018, 01:44:05 pm »

For me, I think we should go with making the reactor less volatile, Improving the Sakers fire rate, and at the very least patching the life support since we won't have any when we need to fight. We only have enough life support for 2 modules right now and a new life support system probably won't be done in time because we didn't do it this turn.

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
  • I'd rather be a rising ape than a falling angel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 21, 2018, 02:41:03 pm »

That sounds good. I think the Saker is fine - it functions as it is supposed to, which is a precision laser. The other 3 dice can be spent on fixing the Kestral's targeting, making the Stellarator less volatile, and some cheap armour.

From what I understand, we have 4 revision dice. I think those 4 dice should be invested in improving the standard mining bay, fixing the Kestral (in general), making the Stellarator less volatile and said armor.

Life support improvements aren't something we'll need right now, given the Kestral IS autonomous, and we can't afford two more modules that would use that LS capacity we have right now. Currently, I'd go for an "Industrious" type plan with CECA, the Kestrel revision, RESET and the upcoming mining bay revision so we have an increased income on Jump 3. Otherwise, my proposal for what to do next turn still holds - we should invest dice to finish crucial projects and speed up the Mjolnir (so it's ready for Jump 4 at least) and fix whatever issues we can still afford to fix with the allotted dice.
Noble Nafuni Engineer

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 21, 2018, 03:23:22 pm »

From what I understand, we have 4 revision dice. I think those 4 dice should be invested in improving the standard mining bay, fixing the Kestral (in general), making the Stellarator less volatile and said armor.

Life support improvements aren't something we'll need right now, given the Kestral IS autonomous, and we can't afford two more modules that would use that LS capacity we have right now. Currently, I'd go for an "Industrious" type plan with CECA, the Kestrel revision, RESET and the upcoming mining bay revision so we have an increased income on Jump 3. Otherwise, my proposal for what to do next turn still holds - we should invest dice to finish crucial projects and speed up the Mjolnir (so it's ready for Jump 4 at least) and fix whatever issues we can still afford to fix with the allotted dice.
Design: 'Kestrel' Point Defense Laser
-5 Power;  -1 LS Capacity;   -1 Skeleton Space
A "simple" Ark-wide laser defense system that fires at any Medium+-sized object not going insane speeds, with a 33% base chance to intercept. Shuts down without full power, and can be overwhelmed by lots of projectiles.
20 Noble Gases, 100 Metal, 250 Non-Metal

kestral uses lifesupport.
I'll breakdown the rest later, but it is not autonomous for the purpose of lifesupport.

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 21, 2018, 03:24:14 pm »

Design: 'Kestrel' Point Defense Laser
-5 Power;  -1 LS Capacity;   -1 Skeleton Space
A "simple" Ark-wide laser defense system that fires at any Medium+-sized object not going insane speeds, with a 33% base chance to intercept. Shuts down without full power, and can be overwhelmed by lots of projectiles.
20 Noble Gases, 100 Metal, 250 Non-Metal

kestral uses  lifesupport.

I asked a while ago. Chief said he fucked up. Likewise for the AWIMP bay.
Noble Nafuni Engineer

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 21, 2018, 03:26:25 pm »

Ok then, That is something to mention first though.
Then I guess life support can wait for a little while. I do want to start one in the next design phase, even if the rest of our dice are used to speed everything up.

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 22, 2018, 08:09:29 am »

Plan Proposals

Proposal: Fixing What's Broken
-- 1 die to Project RESET.
-- 1 die to Mining Bay Enhancements
-- 1 die to Cheap Emergency Combat Armor (CECA)
-- 1 die to 'Kestrel' Point Defense Network Rework

Proposal: Industry Going Places
-- 1 die to Project RESET
-- 1 die to Cheap Emergency Combat Armor (CECA)
-- 1 die to Improved Excavation Unit & Resource Identification Sensors (iEXURIS)

Proposal: Ambitious & Loving It
-- 1 die to Project RESET
-- 2 dice to SCARAN I

All plans call for scrapping the rooms for skeleton space.

Quote from: Revision Votebox
Plan Proposals

Fixing What's Broken (0):
Industry Going Places (1): Thanik
Ambitious & Loving It (0):

My rationale is that the Kestrel is a low-priority system right now, in comparison to fixing the reactor, armor and resource acquisition, and can be invested in next turn if we decide we want to finish the Kestrel now, instead of wait - which I'd really advise, as I don't think it would be worth it for Jump 3. I doubt we can get a point-defense system capable of taking down railgun / coilgun shots by then, and missiles are expensive and most likely time consuming to build, so we have no reason to believe they went for that over other options. Better to fix any issues that crop up, or get the resource advantage early on, than invest in a system we don't even know if we need functional urgently yet.

Long term, we want the Kestrel and we want it good, but I think other things have a bigger priority right now.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 05:01:13 am by Thanik »
Noble Nafuni Engineer

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 22, 2018, 06:34:07 pm »

Plan Proposals

Industry Going Places (2): Thanik, Frostgiant

Hey thanik, the links in here are broken if they were meant to go anywhere.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 23, 2018, 03:56:06 am »

Plan Proposals

Industry Going Places (3): Thanik, Frostgiant, Jilladilla

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 23, 2018, 08:54:59 am »

Quote from: Revision Hotbox
Plan Proposals

Industry Going Places (4): Thanik, Frostgiant, Jilladilla, helmacon
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 23, 2018, 11:28:55 am »

Quote from: Revision Hotbox
Plan Proposals

Industry Going Places (5): Thanik, Frostgiant, Jilladilla, helmacon, Iridium
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]