Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: my first artifact!  (Read 2643 times)

Wormser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: my first artifact!
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2015, 04:48:42 am »

Just got this forts first Artifact... An IRON Short Sword with Squares Mode from Iron on it.... Talk about the Irony...

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: my first artifact!
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2015, 10:04:31 am »

Neat Artifact! My dorfs just keep pumping out stone amulets and leather hoods. Boring things.

I just had a dwarf successfully fend off and kill a werepanda using a standard (but well made) iron pick. It was all he had to hand. They're very effective weapons. Perhaps you could equip your bone pick to your Champion or the leader of one of your hand to hand combat teams, as a rather unconventional but very effective weapon.

There are many good unconventional weapons out there. Crutches, if made of heavy materials such as gold and lead, can make amazingly effective bludgeoning weapons. I never allow any light-material crutches in my forts, and when a dorf looses a leg, Urist McOneleg goes and picks up one of the only crutches available: Lead ones with gold plating, or gold ones with lead plating. I then assign McOneleg to the military, and it is remarkable how often the enemy get whacked over the head with a gold crutch...

Pick axes are one of if not the most devastating native weapons a dwarf can wield. A masterwork steel pick in the hands of a legendary miner is death to all. I always create a few legendary miners who"retire" into military service with their trusty steel picks in hand. All it takes is one legendary miner going beserk for a fortress overseer to learn the hard way just how dangerous these guys are. They will rip through seasoned military dwarves and mega beasts alike.
Pages: 1 [2]